Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 07:55:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: PayPal Just Appointed This Bitcoin Startup Entrepreneur to Its Board  (Read 1056 times)
the_poet (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1137
Merit: 1035

Bitcoin accepted here

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 05:36:12 PM

Interesting news Wink

http://fortune.com/2016/01/13/paypal-adds-wences-casares-to-board/

Under construction.
lumeire
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1009

Next-Gen Trade Racing Metaverse

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 05:48:19 PM

Hopefully he would pave the way for the BTCBTCBTC acceptance of PP.  Grin

Now it's a possibility, Xapo may be acquired by PP.

▄▄████████▄▄           ▄▄████████▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄   ▄▄████████████████▄▄
  ▄███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████  ▄███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄
 ▄█████▀            ▀█  ▄█████▀            ▀█████▄
▄█████▀                ▄█████▀    ▄▄        ▀█████▄
█████▌                 █████▌     ████▄▄     ▐█████
█████▌                 █████▌     ████▀▀     ▐█████
▀█████▄      ▄▄▄      █████▀      ▀▀        ▄█████▀
 ▀█████▄▄   █████    █████▀  █▄            ▄█████▀
  ▀██████████████ ██████▀▀  █████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
    ▀▀███████████ ████▀    ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀███████ ▀▀           ▀▀████████▀▀
            ▀███▀
|
..NEXT-GEN TRADE RACING METAVERSE..
|   WEBSITE   |   TELEGRAM   |   TWITTER   |   MEDIUM   |
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
the_poet (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1137
Merit: 1035

Bitcoin accepted here

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 05:55:30 PM

Hopefully he would pave the way for the BTCBTCBTC acceptance of PP.  Grin

Exactly. One thing is certain: Paypal's relationship with Bitcoin has been improving over the last few years.

Under construction.
BTCBinary

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 05:57:14 PM

This is probably a sign that PayPal will lower its guard towards bitcoin. It is time to see it accepting and working with bitcoin or become obsolete.
helloeverybody
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2016, 05:57:42 PM

It would be pretty awesome if paypal could implement a wallet into their design somehow so that payment could be made from a bitcoin wallet or by paypal so essentially you could use paypal to spend your bitcoins anywhere that paypal was accepted Smiley

Who knows whats coming.

teddy5145

Activity: 714
Merit: 528

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 05:58:57 PM

Hopefully he would pave the way for the BTCBTCBTC acceptance of PP.  Grin

Exactly. One thing is certain: Paypal's relationship with Bitcoin has been improving for the last few years.
And with this news the popularity of Bitcoin should rise since many paypal users can join Bitcoin Wink
And maybe paypal can give us A bitcoin debit card too Roll Eyes
Any maybe do online transactions through Bitcoin on paypal accepted stores
Oh my, this really excites me Grin
WENGER

Activity: 274
Merit: 250

Negative rating was requested by me (SFR10)

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2016, 06:02:25 PM

This would be only good for Bitcoin if PayPal try to make some sort of joint venture of payment with Bitcoin directly as they could see it's potential but this could also be bad if PayPal try to overtake the possibility of Bitcoin as future leading most used online payment since at the end of the day they might be just looking at a chance to pull themselves higher in the chart so it could go either way towards benefiting or fighting Bitcoin.
enhu
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1018

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 06:07:14 PM

Maybe they now saw how bitcoin could be a threat to them and seeing the increase of bitcoin accepting merchants due to the chargeback.
I don't see any joint venture unless paypal will change policies.

██████████ BitcoinCleanUp.comDebunking Bitcoin's Energy Use ██████████
██████████                Twitter#EndTheFUD                 ██████████
tiggytomb
Legendary

Activity: 1848

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 06:09:11 PM

This is good news and maybe they might start accepting bitcoin, although they could be looking to create their own blockchain and their own altcoin so it would make sense for them to grab this guy, we will just have to watch this space.
Mr. Forum

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 06:19:57 PM

It is interesting and i can say it is also an opportunity that we have as bitcoin to grow. With Paypal having this guy in, they are just saying in a humble way that they can partner with the bitcoin and make it better. So optimistic.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 06:41:17 PM

It would be pretty awesome if paypal could implement a wallet into their design somehow so that payment could be made from a bitcoin wallet or by paypal so essentially you could use paypal to spend your bitcoins anywhere that paypal was accepted Smiley

Who knows whats coming.

so we have chargeback with bitcoin also? because they actually go against someone that do not refund you know, since it would be easily traceable with them

no tnx
Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1016

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 06:46:42 PM

This seems to be good news.
They are either appointing him to eventually implementing Bitcoin as a part of a payment method for paypal or buying XAPO in the upcoming future in order to get into the bitcoin debit card business/bitcoin wallet & high quality secure wallets competing with Coinbases "Shift" card. Who knows right?!
erikalui
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2016, 06:50:37 PM

I dont see this as a positive news for bitcoins as PayPal already recognizes bitcoins and exchanges like Virwox are famous for PP<->BTC transactions. They cut off ties with ebay too as they want to be independent. If only now they allow bitcoin/digital goods transactions and change their terms, they could become one of the leading online wallets and be used often by online users.

BellaBitBit

Activity: 756

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 07:14:48 PM

Good news/Bad news.  It is clear that paypal knows that it has to get on board with Bitcoin or get left behind.  Great news in that it is great press for Bitcoin and may get Paypal users to get some Bitcoin.  Bad news in that Paypal is..well Paypal.  Isn't this what Bitcoin is trying to separate from?  Xapo is cool, why does Paypal need to buy it? 

I love Bitcoin
bob123
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 2481

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2016, 07:21:41 PM

Personally i don't want to see paypal getting in touch with bitcoins.
It just doesn't fit in my opinion.

Erkallys
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 07:23:29 PM

The best thing that could come from this would the ability to convert fiat money into bitcoins directly from their website.
BtcoinSpider

Activity: 83
Merit: 36

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 07:25:56 PM

This is no good news for bitcoins user's.

Think about this for a moment.the #1 payment processing company with zero tolerance when it come to dealing with anonymous transaction and other e-currency i.e liberty reserve,perfectmoney,okpay.. ecc

Today where is liberty reserve? they are no more.

What happened to many other merchant's who gave customer's the ability to checkout via paypal i.e (2checkout)?
From a personal perspertive paypal are begining to see bitcoins as an indirect competitor's just like tradition bank's are feeling.

Or what do you expect if, the number of seller's who normally use paypal as their first payment processor start's switching to btc?

For sure paypal will not sit back and fold their hand's, they must come up with a strategy or introduce their services into bitcoins if, this will help bring back most distracted customer's.

Thanks

BellaBitBit

Activity: 756

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 07:49:08 PM

The best thing that could come from this would the ability to convert fiat money into bitcoins directly from their website.

Yes, that would be great but IMO the only good thing to come from this.  I would love to convert ebay and etsy sales into Bitcoin and this could be a way.  I was really hoping for OpenBazaar to open before paypal tries to play the game. eh.

I love Bitcoin
sana54210
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1128

"CoinPoker.com"

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 08:13:42 PM

Maybe they now saw how bitcoin could be a threat to them and seeing the increase of bitcoin accepting merchants due to the chargeback.
I don't see any joint venture unless paypal will change policies.

Even I feel the same as bitcoins have become a threat to many. PayPal not only needs to change its policies but also their ridiculous fees if they want to be more useful than bitcoins. They have chargebacks which are so easy to win and if they find any account dealing in bitcoins, they just close those accounts.
If PayPal wants to be more linient with bitcoins, they need to have their own exchanger atleast which makes it safe to trade in bitcoins.

helloeverybody
Legendary

Activity: 1008

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2016, 08:16:22 PM

Who knows whats coming.

so we have chargeback with bitcoin also? because they actually go against someone that do not refund you know, since it would be easily traceable with them

no tnx

Im sure they could make a bitcoin option be non refundable since thats one of the main things about bitcoin, Im not saying turn bitcoin into paypal , just piggy back along with it would be good to get bitcoin out there. No need to be so negative, that wont get us anywhere.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: