Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 04:24:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Value of mining hardware?  (Read 516 times)
james50a (OP)

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 06:00:45 PM
Last edit: January 13, 2016, 11:51:52 PM by james50a

Completely new to bitcoin mining and wanted to get into it as i have free power for a few months. locally there are a few people who have antminer s3's and i wanted to know approximately what the current resell value on this fourm is assuming fully working. Apoloes if im not posting this in the right place. (surprised at the amount of people messaging me to sell miners at stupid prices because of this post.)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
VirosaGITS
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 11:23:06 PM

Completely new to bitcoin mining and wanted to get into it as i have free power for a few months. locally there are a few people who have antminer s3's and i wanted to know approximately what the current resell value on this fourm is assuming fully working. Apoloes if im not posting this in the right place

This is a good location, though good odds you were moved here. Anyways;

100USD without the PSU. You should be able to ROI before your few months of electricity run out. So it would be a decent deal if you resell them at the end of your "free electricity" period for some extra profits. Good luck.

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█
              ▀▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   █▄   ▄

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄ ▄▀▀▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
███████▄ ███▒▒███      ██▒▒█████       ▀█▄
 ███████ ▀█▒▒████     ▄█▒▒█████▀         ▀█ ▄  ▄▄
  ██████  ▌▀▀█████▄▄▄███████▀▀            ███▄███▌
 █████████  █████▀▀█▀▀██████▌             ██████▀
 ▀█████████ ███▄  ███   ▐███▌ ▄██       ▄█████▀
     ▀▀    ▀▀███████████████▄▄████▄▄▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

▄█████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████
█████████▀▀█████████▀▀█████████
███████ ▄▀▀         ▀▀▄ ███████
██████                   ██████
█████▌     ▄▄     ▄▄     ▐█████
█████     ████   ████     █████
█████      ▀▀     ▀▀      █████
█████▄   ▀▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▀   ▄█████
████████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄████████
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 14, 2016, 12:42:50 AM

Completely new to bitcoin mining and wanted to get into it as i have free power for a few months. locally there are a few people who have antminer s3's and i wanted to know approximately what the current resell value on this fourm is assuming fully working. Apoloes if im not posting this in the right place

This is a good location, though good odds you were moved here. Anyways;

100USD without the PSU. You should be able to ROI before your few months of electricity run out. So it would be a decent deal if you resell them at the end of your "free electricity" period for some extra profits. Good luck.

A lot do the resell them at end so Virosa is giving pretty good advice on making most of the "free" time you have.    On PSU's you can use them for multiple generations, so it is not to bad on having them around.   Also you can sell the PSU if need be in the end.

S3's were built tanks so they should be mining for quiet a while longer just the S3 miners are getting kinda dated for those who pay electricity.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: