Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 01:16:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [4 PH/S+] BCMonster.com Mining Pool / [PPLNS Payout][Pays TxFee]  (Read 111564 times)
Laviathon (OP)

Activity: 481
Merit: 264

BCMonster.com BTC ZEN HUSH KMD ARRR VRSC ACH RFOX

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2016, 03:12:57 AM

why not just ban his account?
He already is banned. We just need to figure out how to correct this round for all of us without detrimental side effects to the round.

He is not banned I have just locked his payout.  I PM'ed Kano and he replied.  He is still researching it and has not banned saradis from his pool.  He is just holding payouts.  The foma group was the one that he was concerned most about.

BCMonster.com BTC, KMD, ZEN, HUSH, RFox, ARRR, ACH, VRSC <cpu> -   /  Easy Live Dashboards   / Looking for Miners! Join our Discord
jsamm513

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 20, 2016, 03:22:27 AM

let's just hope we crack our next block real soon
Laviathon (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2016, 03:58:10 AM

let's just hope we crack our next block real soon

I agree i'm getting a little anxious!

BCMonster.com BTC, KMD, ZEN, HUSH, RFox, ARRR, ACH, VRSC <cpu> -   /  Easy Live Dashboards   / Looking for Miners! Join our Discord
Laviathon (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2016, 04:30:33 AM

Ok here is a copy of the email that I have sent to Saradis because I believe that there should be complete transparency on these matters.  I am not going to sit idle and let anyone steal coin from the other users or myself for that matter.  Please let me know if you have anything else to add.

-------------------------------
Saradis,

There are some pretty bad accusations flying around the forum about you.  I hope they are not true.   We are a small new pool and rely on the bitcoin we make renting to to mine the next round on rentals while we are working so hard to grow the pool.   If there is something wrong with your miners that causes them not produce blocks please let me know and cease mining on the pool.  If not please let me know what is going on and why Kano would think that you are doing such a thing. 

-At this time I have locked your payout and am gathering more information myself from stratum logs, as well as waiting on Kano to let me know his further findings.  If you find a block or your shares check out I will immediately re instate your payout as I do not believe in "stealing" from anyone that wants to mine on my pool.  However I DO expect everyone that is a part of our community to be = contributors to our cause and not stealing from our other users.  Please reply and defend these accusations. 

Laviathon

---------------------------------

Ares~

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 20, 2016, 08:43:33 AM

Ok here is a copy of the email that I have sent to Saradis because I believe that there should be complete transparency on these matters.  I am not going to sit idle and let anyone steal coin from the other users or myself for that matter.  Please let me know if you have anything else to add.

-------------------------------
Saradis,

There are some pretty bad accusations flying around the forum about you.  I hope they are not true.   We are a small new pool and rely on the bitcoin we make renting to to mine the next round on rentals while we are working so hard to grow the pool.   If there is something wrong with your miners that causes them not produce blocks please let me know and cease mining on the pool.  If not please let me know what is going on and why Kano would think that you are doing such a thing. 

-At this time I have locked your payout and am gathering more information myself from stratum logs, as well as waiting on Kano to let me know his further findings.  If you find a block or your shares check out I will immediately re instate your payout as I do not believe in "stealing" from anyone that wants to mine on my pool.  However I DO expect everyone that is a part of our community to be = contributors to our cause and not stealing from our other users.  Please reply and defend these accusations. 

Laviathon

---------------------------------

Good to be transparent, how much BTC has Sardis earned on your website?
algin8189

Activity: 42

View Profile
March 20, 2016, 10:21:24 AM

Since the last block I have pegged my S5 non stop at 350 mhz.  my total shares right now very low and the fact I had zero best shares makes me wonder was I mining for someone else? Today I lowered it 325mhz. I was supposed to be neck and neck with the other few who mine at 1.25 th.

Not really understanding Kano cause I'm just a miner, however I have a weird feeling about my miner not functioning or taking share for someone else.

could I mine for a week showing the same accumulated shares because someone would be take shares away from an individual miner?
Having the same situation here... firstly i thought my miner got some error... until i back from out station.. my miner working perfectly for 6 days...
Laviathon (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2016, 02:02:41 PM

He has been paid 0 btc.  He just started mining this round.

jsamm513

View Profile
March 20, 2016, 02:10:54 PM

It's certainly nice to see people taking a stand on this sort of thing. Laviathon, if there is anything I can do to help, let me know.
messypete

Activity: 43

View Profile
March 20, 2016, 02:25:59 PM

Yeah, this is being handled as it should be, in the open with clear information and discussion.
Other pool ops (slush) should take note.
Thank you Laviathon and kano.

As jsamm513 said, anything we can do to help just ask.
Laviathon (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2016, 03:34:03 PM

I do want to address one more thing.  I'm. Not sure what you guys are refering to saying that your shares are not counting.   The block withholding accusations that were made do not effect other miners shares in any way.  Just the payout because of the work that was being done by the other person.  I am yet to see anyone not posting shares that has been mining as I have been looking through the stratum logs for the last little bit gathering info.

Please provide more information.

Ares~

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 20, 2016, 03:37:24 PM

He has been paid 0 btc.  He just started mining this round.

So saradis came to your pool after Kano found out what he was doing but kept the same username, epic fail  Roll Eyes
jsamm513

View Profile
March 20, 2016, 03:39:51 PM

well, now most of my miners are hashing on the secondary pool, all the settings are the same as the ones still hashing on BCMonster. I don't know what's going on.
cabal2000

Activity: 13

View Profile
March 20, 2016, 03:55:25 PM

I do want to address one more thing.  I'm. Not sure what you guys are refering to saying that your shares are not counting.   The block withholding accusations that were made do not effect other miners shares in any way.  Just the payout because of the work that was being done by the other person.  I am yet to see anyone not posting shares that has been mining as I have been looking through the stratum logs for the last little bit gathering info.

If you need my share from my miners to help out, mgs me. Be more then happy to help
messypete

View Profile
March 20, 2016, 04:11:52 PM

He has been paid 0 btc.  He just started mining this round.

So saradis came to your pool after Kano found out what he was doing but kept the same username, epic fail  Roll Eyes

I believe he was actively mining on both pools.

kano had his suspicions about this miner and reported it in his pool thread.
He had read a comment I made in this pool thread about saradis and informed Laviathon straight away.

We still don't know if this was a malicious act or not yet.
I would love to know if saradis responded to Laviathons email he sent him.
notabeliever

Activity: 724
Merit: 504

View Profile
March 20, 2016, 07:59:38 PM

I do want to address one more thing.  I'm. Not sure what you guys are refering to saying that your shares are not counting.   The block withholding accusations that were made do not effect other miners shares in any way.  Just the payout because of the work that was being done by the other person.  I am yet to see anyone not posting shares that has been mining as I have been looking through the stratum logs for the last little bit gathering info.

Okay finally an answer so its my miner with possibly a hashing problem developing. I have since rebooted and noticing now the basement is getting a little warmer as spring nears. By the way snow tonight.
I'll delete my posts getting back to me.
krisgt30

Activity: 461
Merit: 306

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2016, 08:18:45 PM
Last edit: March 20, 2016, 08:32:32 PM by krisgt30

A little update regarding the whole Saradis fiasco. We did receive a response back from him last night. The email itself was very suspicious, and did have some lines specifically that made us come to the conclusion to ban him from our site, and we will reimburse everyone according to their contribution percentage at rounds end.  His response frankly, showed absolutely zero frustration or anger about the possibility of losing BTC this round. Here is his response to the accusations:

"Last night i rent 1phs for your pool from NIcehash and litle later 2Phs, to help your pool growing and you tell me about what Kano? I dont know something about the guys over there and i dont care also. About my account here in your pool is not good, you locked me out, but is your pool so its your desition. My miners find blocks when they must find and no when i want... Any way np, i find other pool to spend my power and make some profits. Good luck with your pool."

www.bcmonster.com Multi pool, pools for BTC, BCA, LCC, KMD, HUSH and ZEN -Donate:1QGZQBhXMo2jVc45wLEsp2bn5agF8SZSuY
messypete

View Profile
March 20, 2016, 09:31:15 PM

A little update regarding the whole Saradis fiasco. We did receive a response back from him last night. The email itself was very suspicious, and did have some lines specifically that made us come to the conclusion to ban him from our site, and we will reimburse everyone according to their contribution percentage at rounds end.  His response frankly, showed absolutely zero frustration or anger about the possibility of losing BTC this round. Here is his response to the accusations:

"Last night i rent 1phs for your pool from NIcehash and litle later 2Phs, to help your pool growing and you tell me about what Kano? I dont know something about the guys over there and i dont care also. About my account here in your pool is not good, you locked me out, but is your pool so its your desition. My miners find blocks when they must find and no when i want... Any way np, i find other pool to spend my power and make some profits. Good luck with your pool."

He either don't need the BTC or he just don't care.
What a response.
I think you made the right call Lavi/Kris.
krisgt30

Activity: 461
Merit: 306

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2016, 09:34:08 PM

Or hes made a killing bouncing from pool to pool stealing BTC and doesnt care about a couple of btc lost.

www.bcmonster.com Multi pool, pools for BTC, BCA, LCC, KMD, HUSH and ZEN -Donate:1QGZQBhXMo2jVc45wLEsp2bn5agF8SZSuY
jsamm513

View Profile
March 20, 2016, 09:45:59 PM

Good call on that one
Laviathon (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2016, 04:15:40 AM

Just a quick heads up at some point over the next couple of days I am going to have to pull the server down for about 20 minutes while I relocate the block chain info to another SSD.  The database expansion was much quicker than I originally anticipated.  We are quickly running out of room.  Moving about 60 gigs to its own drive will give us a long time to grow and probably increase database performance.  I will try to give everyone a heads up when I am going to do it.  Right now I am thinking possibly tomorrow night if I get home from work at a reasonable time.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  

Jump to: