Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 09:20:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Signature campaign on the new forum?  (Read 1833 times)
Lutzow (OP)

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 14, 2016, 03:03:23 AM

So I was wondering, will signature campaign still be allowed on the new forum or will they cut it?
I've seen so many threads here they are not in favor of having signature campaign due to the fact that many people abuse it and makes a lot of spam.

Do you think the will remove campaigns or will there be rules implemented to just keep the spammers away?

Naoko

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 14, 2016, 03:55:42 AM

So I was wondering, will signature campaign still be allowed on the new forum or will they cut it?
I've seen so many threads here they are not in favor of having signature campaign due to the fact that many people abuse it and makes a lot of spam.

Do you think the will remove campaigns or will there be rules implemented to just keep the spammers away?

Just took a look at new forum.Fast and Sleek Design!The End of Signature Campaigns ?

Signatures are going to be added back in at some point. Maybe the height limit will be smaller than here, though. I thought about removing signatures, since that'd really clean things up, but I decided that signatures (and especially sig campaigns) are too important to the culture here to remove.

The final theme definitely won't be this orange color. I think I'll probably start out with something vaguely blue as a callback to this forum, and see how that goes.
forzendiablo
Legendary

Activity: 1526

the grandpa of cryptos

View Profile
January 14, 2016, 03:57:16 AM

they will keep it, it makes posts and money for the forum

yolo
nonbody

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

2local[IEO] - https://2local.io/

View Profile
January 14, 2016, 04:15:15 AM

they will keep it, it makes posts and money for the forum
Yes, smart decision! The rewards will attract the advertisers to campaign the business and users to grab meaningful contents! It does causes spamming and trolling, which can be moderated to be limited to the minimum level.

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄████████████████████▄
█████▀░░░░░░░░░░████████
▐█████▄████████░░███████▌
████████▀▀██████░░████████
████████▄▄█████░░░████████
██████████████░░░█████████
▐███████▀░░░░░░▄█████████▌
██████▀▐███████████████
░░▀███░░░░░░░░░░░░░████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀

2local
Sustainability and Prosperity.
Pre sale is going on
...J O I N...
...Whitepaper...
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄████████████████████▄
█████▀░░░░░░░░░░████████
▐█████▄████████░░███████▌
████████▀▀██████░░████████
████████▄▄█████░░░████████
██████████████░░░█████████
▐███████▀░░░░░░▄█████████▌

I   E   O IN Livecoin.net  Probit  P2pPb2b from 11/02/2020
2local Sale
SFR10
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 3441

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2016, 06:18:31 AM

To answer your questions:

Just took a look at new forum.Fast and Sleek Design!The End of Signature Campaigns ?

Signatures are going to be added back in at some point. Maybe the height limit will be smaller than here, though. I thought about removing signatures, since that'd really clean things up, but I decided that signatures (and especially sig campaigns) are too important to the culture here to remove.

The final theme definitely won't be this orange color. I think I'll probably start out with something vaguely blue as a callback to this forum, and see how that goes.

Personally I think there would be a phase without Signature Campaigns to see how it could improve the spamming occurrence in the forum and then after the hype is settled, it get's back in the forum.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Superhitech
Legendary

Activity: 1064

View Profile
January 14, 2016, 06:25:34 AM

Personally I think there would be a phase without Signature Campaigns to see how it could improve the spamming occurrence in the forum and then after the hype is settled, it get's back in the forum.

I've seen forums that are mostly dead because no one has any incentive to post or help others out, there may be spam with all the signature campaigns involved, but in my opinion I think signature campaigns do the community more good than harm.
enhu
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1018

View Profile
January 14, 2016, 06:28:14 AM

It would be good to keep it so bitcoin economy will still run. its the best thing to do and will also help users gain bitcoins.
If it weren't for those signature campaign by the way, users may go elsewhere. There are however other cryptoforums, i just don't know if advertisers will be interested to them.

██████████ BitcoinCleanUp.comDebunking Bitcoin's Energy Use ██████████
██████████                Twitter#EndTheFUD                 ██████████
Zeroxal

Activity: 896
Merit: 508

View Profile
January 14, 2016, 08:17:26 PM

IMO signature campaigns won't be left out in any case. Signature campaign help out many people:
Members get paid to be active on the forum and participate in discussions.
Advertisers have a big marketplace to advertise their services/products.
The forum gains more traffic because of more people being active on the forum and the ad slots will be worth higher.

This forum is old and the design doesn't look that good either, however the thing that differs this forum with others is the rank system - older members get more benefits. The signature payouts will be very high when you reach "hero", so many members will try to get there by being active on the forum.

Sure, the forum would work even without this advertising method, but it would mean that many members will lose interest in the forum and/or move to another forum that has a newer forum software.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
January 15, 2016, 11:29:55 AM

signature brings a lot of traffic, it's obvious that they will remain, but i can argue that many users carrying the signature can be the same guy/few guys with many alt

but in the end it's a business like mining, and it is directly connected with it, i see it as a way to promote legit cloud site(at least for those legit signature that promote it like bit-x)

notaek
Legendary

Activity: 1268
Merit: 1009

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2016, 02:38:01 PM

I agree with SFR10.
theymos should at first, test out the consequence of disabling signatures for a couple of months.
Then with few iterations he can slowly start enabling it for the betterment of community as well as for the newly emerging Bitcoin-related websites.

Adding a "spam-meter" would also help in preventing obvious spams that are generally done by members nowadays in order to reach his highest post count.

justspare

Activity: 1022
Merit: 538

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 01:06:10 PM

They will definitely keep is it. Otherwise this forum would be so empty. Most people on this forum wear a signature.
Astargath

Activity: 1624
Merit: 645

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 03:34:38 PM

They will definitely keep is it. Otherwise this forum would be so empty. Most people on this forum wear a signature.

That's not true, most people were already here before the sig boom and if you look at sig campaigns they all have 100 people at most, so in total there are like, what? 1k people with signatures? Not even counting alt accounts. You probably think a lot of people use them because they are spamming everywhere, specially in sections like gambling but the forum would be just fine without them.

\\\\\...COIN.....
...CURB...
         ▄▄▄████████████▄▄▄
      ▄██████████████████████▄
    ▄█████▀▀▀          ▀▀▀█████▄
   ████▀      █████▄▄       ▀████
  ████        ██   ▀██        ████
 ████         ██    ██         ████
▐███▌         ██▄▄▄██▀         ▐███▌
▐███▌         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▐███▌
▐███▌         ████████         ▐███▌
 ████            ██            ████
  ████           ██           ████
   ████▄         ██         ▄████
    ▀█████▄▄▄          ▄▄▄█████▀
      ▀██████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀
........NEWS, UPDATES, & ICO'S........
...FROM ALL THE PROJECTS YOU LOVE...
▄▄█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████▀     ██  ██  ██     ▀██▀     ██      ██     ▀██  ██     ▀██     █████████████
█████████████  ██████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██████  ██████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ████████████████
█████████████▄    ▀██  ██  ██  ▀▀  ██▄    ▀██  ██████  ▀▀  ██  ██  ▀▀  ██     █████████████
█████████████████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██████  ██  ██████  ▄  ▀██  ██  ██  ██  ████████████████
█████████████     ▄██▄    ▄██  ▀▀ ▄██     ▄██      ██  ██  ██  ██  ▀▀ ▄██     █████████████
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███               ███
▐██   ▐█▄   ▄███▄   ██▌
██▌    ███▄██████▀  ▐██
██▌    ▐████████    ▐██
▐██     ▐██████     ██▌
 ███   ▀█████▀     ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███   ▄██████▀▄   ███
▐██   ████▀▀▀████   ██▌
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
▐██   ████▄▄▄████   ██▌
 ███   ▀███████▀   ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀
/////
Bitinity
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1313

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile
January 17, 2016, 12:03:10 PM

So empty? I dont think so, becuase this forum is not only used by them who wearing paid signature campaign. I'm sure this forum will still alive even though there is no signature campaign. But of course, the number of posts will not as much as when there are signature campaigns.

..B.I.O.K.R.I.P.T..|
  BiokriptX Fair Launch is now live in PINKSALE
|🟣 Twitter
🔵 Facebook
🟣 Telegram
coolcoinz
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1104

View Profile
January 17, 2016, 05:04:54 PM

That's not true, most people were already here before the sig boom and if you look at sig campaigns they all have 100 people at most, so in total there are like, what? 1k people with signatures? Not even counting alt accounts. You probably think a lot of people use them because they are spamming everywhere, specially in sections like gambling but the forum would be just fine without them.

If they remove signatures there will be some other forms of paid advertising like avatar campaigns. It's a forum where people promote their businesses and the need for such promotion won't disappear with signatures.

Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2016, 05:10:56 PM

They will keep the campaigns because without them this forum would be about dead. I would think at least 50% of all posts here are just to get paid...probably more.
coolcoinz
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1104

View Profile
January 17, 2016, 05:14:05 PM

They will keep the campaigns because without them this forum would be about dead. I would think at least 50% of all posts here are just to get paid...probably more.

I think so too. Even if a user has no signature he can still be paid for his posts like users who manage topics for other people and their businesses.

redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
January 17, 2016, 05:14:25 PM

I hope that theymos will remove or limit the signature space for a few months, just a little test to see how things will change (less spam, more constructive contents).
Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2016, 05:19:33 PM

I hope that theymos will remove or limit the signature space for a few months, just a little test to see how things will change (less spam, more constructive contents).

Really doubt that would happen, but it would be nice to see. I get paid a flat rate regardless of posts and wish all campaigns were like that. I would be good with no more campaigns around here. It is a shame so many abuse them because they are a good idea and are effective for advertisers. I guess the issue is to some people it is a lot of money so they abuse it to get paid.
Astargath

Activity: 1624
Merit: 645

View Profile
January 17, 2016, 06:03:03 PM

Really doubt that would happen, but it would be nice to see. I get paid a flat rate regardless of posts and wish all campaigns were like that. I would be good with no more campaigns around here. It is a shame so many abuse them because they are a good idea and are effective for advertisers. I guess the issue is to some people it is a lot of money so they abuse it to get paid.

Well, you see, the signature campaigns are not really the problem. People abusing them create the problems and I always said that stricter rules should be applied to signature campaign participants. The spam would eventually be lower if every signature spammer gets banned, unfortunately right now, that's not the case. You can find blatantly obvious spammers in the off-topic section or games and rounds.

\\\\\...COIN.....
...CURB...
         ▄▄▄████████████▄▄▄
      ▄██████████████████████▄
    ▄█████▀▀▀          ▀▀▀█████▄
   ████▀      █████▄▄       ▀████
  ████        ██   ▀██        ████
 ████         ██    ██         ████
▐███▌         ██▄▄▄██▀         ▐███▌
▐███▌         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▐███▌
▐███▌         ████████         ▐███▌
 ████            ██            ████
  ████           ██           ████
   ████▄         ██         ▄████
    ▀█████▄▄▄          ▄▄▄█████▀
      ▀██████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀
........NEWS, UPDATES, & ICO'S........
...FROM ALL THE PROJECTS YOU LOVE...
▄▄█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄
█████████████▀     ██  ██  ██     ▀██▀     ██      ██     ▀██  ██     ▀██     █████████████
█████████████  ██████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██████  ██████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ████████████████
█████████████▄    ▀██  ██  ██  ▀▀  ██▄    ▀██  ██████  ▀▀  ██  ██  ▀▀  ██     █████████████
█████████████████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██████  ██  ██████  ▄  ▀██  ██  ██  ██  ████████████████
█████████████     ▄██▄    ▄██  ▀▀ ▄██     ▄██      ██  ██  ██  ██  ▀▀ ▄██     █████████████
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███               ███
▐██   ▐█▄   ▄███▄   ██▌
██▌    ███▄██████▀  ▐██
██▌    ▐████████    ▐██
▐██     ▐██████     ██▌
 ███   ▀█████▀     ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███   ▄██████▀▄   ███
▐██   ████▀▀▀████   ██▌
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
▐██   ████▄▄▄████   ██▌
 ███   ▀███████▀   ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀
/////
mexxer-2

Activity: 924
Merit: 1005

4 Mana 7/7

View Profile
January 17, 2016, 06:10:29 PM

Well, you see, the signature campaigns are not really the problem. People abusing them create the problems and I always said that stricter rules should be applied to signature campaign participants. The spam would eventually be lower if every signature spammer gets banned, unfortunately right now, that's not the case. You can find blatantly obvious spammers in the off-topic section or games and rounds.
If you're not doing anything to prevent the spammers, you should be the last one complaining considering you too have a signature. If yobit spammers are spamming, go for hilarious , if secondstrade participants are spamming report them in their campaign thread. Both campaigns(only ones which count off-topic and games and rounds posts) are effectively removing the spammers. And if any other participants are spamming(tolerable to a certain extent) in other boards, try contacting mods, from what I've seen nearly all are quite friendly and responsive.
As for signature campaigns, any amount of complaining will not stop them on the forum. Where do all of you think 60%+ of pageviews come from? From people refreshing their "Show new replies to your posts." , unread posts or Watchlist. Theymos has stated his verdict on the matter already and from what I've seen he rarely changes his opinion
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: