Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 12:20:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: New forum?  (Read 20382 times)
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2016, 09:57:33 PM

Please don't create new accounts to test the beta forum.
Why not? Seems like the easiest way right now(yeah being lazy)
I think what he really meant is that you should not use a new account there permanently. Registering a new one is redundant, but okay if you really need to satisfy your curiosity. You should be able to use your current account after a password reset (done to ensure security). If this isn't the case then wait theymos announces the open beta, by which it should be working properly (several moderators are using it with their actual accounts ATM).

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
theymos
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5194
Merit: 12983

View Profile
January 04, 2016, 10:52:41 PM

The beta isn't officially launched yet. If you use it, expect lots of problems and downtime. Also, throughout the beta, posts made on the beta will occasionally be cleared, and stuff done there will never be transferred back here.

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
H.W.P

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

Decentralized Digital Billboards

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 12:47:03 PM

Some people have landed? Or the link is just a joke?

mexxer-2

Activity: 924
Merit: 1005

4 Mana 7/7

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 12:51:50 PM

Some people have landed? Or the link is just a joke?
Same.
Same.
I think that only certain members are permitted to login, and you have to reset your password in order to.
Register a new account and behold. As easy as that

Edit: I'm Lovebeta BTW
H.W.P

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

Decentralized Digital Billboards

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 12:52:15 PM

The beta isn't officially launched yet. If you use it, expect lots of problems and downtime. Also, throughout the beta, posts made on the beta will occasionally be cleared, and stuff done there will never be transferred back here.
copy that,I think the current forum is quite good

Deathwing
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1328

Stultorum infinitus est numerus

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2016, 03:00:44 PM

Beta forum looks good, needs to be faster while surfing thru the pages. Theme is currently (well at least for me) hurting my eye. Orange on white... Well, could be better.
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2016, 03:25:13 PM

Beta forum looks good, needs to be faster while surfing thru the pages. Theme is currently (well at least for me) hurting my eye. Orange on white... Well, could be better.
I don't like it either but that is a minor issue as it can be easily changed (possibly even implemented already). There are other things of higher importance ATM.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Joel_Jantsen
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1308

Get your game girl

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 07:07:23 PM

Just took a look at new forum.Fast and Sleek Design!The End of Signature Campaigns ?
theymos
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5194
Merit: 12983

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 07:13:53 PM

Just took a look at new forum.Fast and Sleek Design!The End of Signature Campaigns ?

Signatures are going to be added back in at some point. Maybe the height limit will be smaller than here, though. I thought about removing signatures, since that'd really clean things up, but I decided that signatures (and especially sig campaigns) are too important to the culture here to remove.

The final theme definitely won't be this orange color. I think I'll probably start out with something vaguely blue as a callback to this forum, and see how that goes.

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3074

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2016, 07:28:37 PM

I thought about removing signatures, since that'd really clean things up, but I decided that signatures (and especially sig campaigns) are too important to the culture here to remove.

I think the culture would evolve just fine.  It certainly would help control all the spam posts.   Undecided

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
mexxer-2

4 Mana 7/7

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 07:30:31 PM

The final theme definitely won't be this orange color. I think I'll probably start out with something vaguely blue as a callback to this forum, and see how that goes.
An option to change themes would be great as well. BTW should we discuss the bugs, new features etc on the beta forum(couple threads created by mods, dedicated to that subject)?
I think the culture would evolve just fine.  It certainly would help control all the spam posts.   Undecided
You'd be surprised how long it takes to slowly get off from being paid for posts, something like a drug really
redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 07:33:21 PM

I thought about removing signatures, since that'd really clean things up, but I decided that signatures (and especially sig campaigns) are too important to the culture here to remove.

Yes, maybe a test it's the better thing. Block the signature or limit the characters and see if the spam will end or not.. (I guess  : yes of course !).
Joel_Jantsen
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1308

Get your game girl

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 07:37:59 PM

--snipe--

Yes, maybe a test it's the better thing. Block the signature or limit the characters and see if the spam will end or not.. (I guess  : yes of course !).

On the other side,most of the Gambling sites or any new bitcoin related Start-ups approach the forum for advertisement of their products.Vaguely,Signature Campaigns are the easiest ways to do it (apart from promo giveaways).Do you think such Start-ups would still approach if they're unlikely to get as much exposure after stopping the signature campaigns?
brituspol

Activity: 458
Merit: 250

From nothing to nothing

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 07:40:13 PM

On the other side,most of the Gambling sites or any new bitcoin related Start-ups approach the forum for advertisement of their products.Vaguely,Signature Campaigns are the easiest ways to do it (apart from promo giveaways).Do you think such Start-ups would still approach if they're unlikely to get as much exposure after stopping the signature campaigns?
True, I'm generally unaware of a site which doesn't have signature campaigns running on the forum(Not a sarcastic comment).
redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 07:40:27 PM

--snipe--

Yes.

They can buy one or more ad slot instead using the sig. campaign 'method' to promote their startup/site, I'm sure the spam will end ...
brituspol

Activity: 458
Merit: 250

From nothing to nothing

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 07:44:43 PM

Yes.

They can buy one or more ad slot instead using the sig. campaign 'method' to promote their startup/site, I'm sure the spam will end ...
Or they can spend their BTC more effectively by running a sig campaign , where they get thousands of posts per BTC, or spend a relatively less amount on faucet advertising etc. Forum advertising(or even sig advertising TBH) is a waste of huge amount of money for nothing.
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2016, 02:47:55 PM
Last edit: January 13, 2016, 03:46:07 PM by Lauda

The beta is a joke, right? What features are there that required spending hundreds of thousands of dollars over picking any old forum software platform? Was the feature called "sweet kickbacks"?
Ignorant statement right here. The money was well spent and theymos had every right to use it for whatever he wanted to. The new forum is much better than what we have right now.

+1 Totally ignorant.
Not "hundreds of thousands of dollars," MILLIONS of dollars.
Pretty small amount if the group of developers that you're hiring isn't half brain dead.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
fisheater22

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 03:40:15 PM

The beta is a joke, right? What features are there that required spending hundreds of thousands of dollars over picking any old forum software platform? Was the feature called "sweet kickbacks"?
Ignorant statement right here. The money was well spent and theymos had every right to use it for whatever he wanted to. The new forum is much better than what we have right now.

+1 Totally ignorant.
Not "hundreds of thousands of dollars," MILLIONS of dollars.
mexxer-2

4 Mana 7/7

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 06:30:53 PM

Thank you for confirming you are ignorant or a shill. Maybe you are a Theymos sock puppet?
Ofc, any statement coming from an anti-theymos shill is true /sarcasm
I have one question though, when did theymos learn Croatian and a bunch of other languages? I guess he used the BTCs for language classes. /sarcasm
If he had extra he should have refunded it since that mission was well covered by a fraction of the money. Or ask the community what to do instead.
Did the donators sign an agreement/were promised in any way that theymos would not be in charge of what use he finds for the money?
He did what he thought was best, i.e making a new forum software.

Edit: You do know the difference between donating and paying someone to do something right? Anyway most of the BTC were donated at times when the price was very low, which is why everyone could afford donating the BTCs, pretty sure if the price had been that low none would have any argument about how theymos managed the money, but wait for few years, BTC price goes up, everyone starts screaming how unfair it is that theymos is handling the money
minifrij
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1267

In Memory of Zepher

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2016, 07:12:21 PM

Of course he had no right to "use it for whatever he wanted to" since he raised the money promising it would be used for a specific purpose.
And this purpose is? All that is said on the Donation page is that "all profit is reinvested into the forum and the community". By having a new forum made, he's fulfilling that.

Even if he was 100% honest and did not use the funds for any personal enrichment
What personal enrichment does theymos get out of paying for new forum software to be made?

I also like that you removed the part about the theymos shill. At least you realized you were being an idiot there.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: