Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 05:59:41 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for escrow on $1mm deal  (Read 1370 times)
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2016, 09:28:48 AM

Only person trustworthy enough to do this escrow is dooglus imho. Dude had over $60 Million worth of others BTC at one point and didn't pull a runner

I agree that dooglus probably had the highest amount of coins value in escrow (he is no normal escrow but still holds funds for others which makes him an escrow) and he paid back all of it. He is probably the person i trust the most on the forum when it comes to holding funds. He proofed that he is reliable and i really like that. Smiley

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
badjacks99

Activity: 1050
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 09:41:07 AM

Maybe I missed something but wouldn't it be a lot wiser to do such a deal in person? With so much money, and anything could go wrong I wouldn't be trusting anyone to handle it. I would reconsider handling this online, and just not do it period. Face to face is the only way this make sense to me. Good luck to you, whatever you do.
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2016, 10:47:08 AM

Edit: some replies miss the fact that the notional value of a deal (here, $1mm) does not always inform its profitability (here, a grand or two perhaps). For instance, when you buy $1mm worth of EUR/USD on the interbank market, the seller makes less than $100.

Though, as far as i understand it, the risk there would be practically zero, that is why the profit is so low. Everyone would do it. Dealing with a random company on the internet in fact involves risk. You never know what kind of money you deal with. Doing such a deal as the trader and only earning 1000USD does not look like it's worth the risk since even when you have this amount of money, earning 1000$ means that your risk are 1 Million USD. You give your legit money and you maybe receive stolen money or otherwise money that can be taken away from you by the law. Then you might be not able to recover it because of the legal status of the money or because the trading partner can not pay.

Really, if i would have 1 Million USD then i would be very cautious. Take this from someone who had to learn it the hard way (Lost ALOT) that investing, which such a trade is too, always means losing everything you invest for the chance to receive your investment back plus a profit. But there is the chance that you either not even get your investment back or that you receive what you should receive but have it taken away afterwards.

Please check really carefully if your deal is legit and safe for you.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
yopb2c2 (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 03, 2016, 08:31:02 AM

Hi,

I want to reassure everyone as to the good standing of the two companies. It's all legit. The problem is that even legit companies don't always have strong financials. Now regarding buying on exchanges instead, some companies are unable to do so for various reasons. In addition, they need to pay fees to the exchanges whereas they pay no fees with us.

I appreciate all the good referrals. Now if I may ask - how does one go about setting up a multi-sig transaction? I've read about Armory Lockboxes online. Is that the best? Any alternatives? I'm a bit concerned about the potential loss of keys with Armory.

Thanks

starsoccer9
Legendary

Activity: 1630
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 03:22:38 PM

Hi,

I want to reassure everyone as to the good standing of the two companies. It's all legit. The problem is that even legit companies don't always have strong financials. Now regarding buying on exchanges instead, some companies are unable to do so for various reasons. In addition, they need to pay fees to the exchanges whereas they pay no fees with us.

I appreciate all the good referrals. Now if I may ask - how does one go about setting up a multi-sig transaction? I've read about Armory Lockboxes online. Is that the best? Any alternatives? I'm a bit concerned about the potential loss of keys with Armory.

Thanks

If you do not trust armory, you could always use paper wallets where you have the private keys physically written down somewhere.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: