Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 03:25:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What will happen with the Bitcoin price after the halving on 07-17-2016?  (Read 2273 times)
ifightformerkel (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 14, 2016, 07:16:24 PM

What do you thing will happen with the price,
after the halving of the Bitcoin Block Reward in 185 days from 3,600 BTC per day to 1,800 BTC per day?

The price must increase massively or not?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 6131

View Profile
January 14, 2016, 07:22:42 PM

after the halving of the Bitcoin Block Reward in 185 days from 3,600 BTC per day to 1,800 BTC per day?

Increasing is the logical thing to happen , now ... massively or not ? no one really knows exactly . Everything can happen actually , miners can even stop mining if the price doesn't fit them or don't make much earnings for them .

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Watercooler

Activity: 334
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 14, 2016, 07:26:12 PM

Most probably the price will go up, just like it did on previous block halving event. Although I don't expect a such a huge jump
as the last time, hope to be wrong  Grin

███████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
DECENT
FOUNDATION

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[D]ecentralized application
[E]liminated third parties
[C]ontent distribution

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[E]ncrypted & secure
[N]o borders
[T]imeless reputation

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

▓▓▓ BITMIXER.IO ▓▓▓▓▓▓ High Volume Bitcoin MIXER ▓▓▓
krunox123

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

I don't bite.

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2016, 07:30:31 PM

IMO, the price will either drastically go up or drastically go down after the halving. But personally, I think that the Bitcoin price will slightly go up after the halving.

Life sucks.
ifightformerkel (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1386

View Profile
January 14, 2016, 07:33:57 PM

Increasing is the logical thing to happen , now ... massively or not ? no one really knows exactly . Everything can happen actually , miners can even stop mining if the price doesn't fit them or don't make much earnings for them .

That i mean, the miners will not sell the bitcoins directly when the price is so low.
So when nobody sell it low nobody can buy bitcoins and the pirce must rise fast.

But i dont think that the miner will stop mining.
Boelens

Activity: 672

View Profile
January 14, 2016, 07:36:55 PM

Too volatile to tell honestly. It's hard to just say that it's massively going up, demand still has to be equally high for the price to go up after the supply goes down, but that might not be the case. I expect a small nudge upwards but probably nothing huge.
Gloober

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 14, 2016, 07:42:17 PM

It's hard to say whether it will go either up or down after halving.

Nobody can say for sure until it's actually happening.
Steve_Tou

Activity: 350

View Profile
January 14, 2016, 08:06:29 PM

No1 can tell for sure.
Back then the price was like stable from 1 btc 200+ to 250+ usd range
And then shot up to recently 400+.
At the rate.. I think the price may 'struggle' up and down here and there at 400+ to probably 500+ in 2016.
Just my 2 cents view though.

A scam will be a scam.
It won't sustain in long run, cause they can't make $ for you at all, they don't have any business model or investment plans to make money grows.
All they did is use other people's $ to pay other users, so those who earned $ is just from other victims... in short a vicious cycle.
People KNEW, but they just dump their $ in hoping for a miracle.

Maybe I have to give another example for people who can't understand.
It's like- Going down to dirty sewers looking for fresh air.
smith coins

Activity: 504

View Profile
January 14, 2016, 08:07:54 PM

Saying the truth I'm a bit afraid that the price will go down like the litecoin at theirs last halving period  but it should grow after few weeks or months.
Steve_Tou

Activity: 350

View Profile
January 14, 2016, 08:18:07 PM

Saying the truth I'm a bit afraid that the price will go down like the litecoin at theirs last halving period  but it should grow after few weeks or months.

Can't really compare with other alternate coin.. as bitcoin is the best and more commonly used... just by look at their value and price.. is a different already.

A scam will be a scam.
It won't sustain in long run, cause they can't make $ for you at all, they don't have any business model or investment plans to make money grows.
All they did is use other people's $ to pay other users, so those who earned $ is just from other victims... in short a vicious cycle.
People KNEW, but they just dump their $ in hoping for a miracle.

Maybe I have to give another example for people who can't understand.
It's like- Going down to dirty sewers looking for fresh air.
Meuh6879
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011

View Profile
January 14, 2016, 08:27:06 PM

2012 halving : 10 USD --------> 120 USD
2016 halving : 600 USD -------> .... USD (yes, 4 dots Grin ).

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1207909.msg13510718#msg13510718
davinchi
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1058

View Profile
January 14, 2016, 08:27:44 PM

IMO, the price will either drastically go up or drastically go down after the halving. But personally, I think that the Bitcoin price will slightly go up after the halving.

I too fear the same but I hope it's not that drastic as if the price shoots up beyond our expectations, we may not get buyers and if it goes down as well, we many not get sellers. The price should be such that people believe that if they buy/sell, they are still making a wise decision. $700-$800 would be a good rise or $350-$400 would be a good fall.
smith coins

Activity: 504

View Profile
January 14, 2016, 08:31:05 PM

Can't really compare with other alternate coin.. as bitcoin is the best and more commonly used... just by look at their value and price.. is a different already.
You will see how many people will be interested to buy bitcoin a week or a month before the halving, at that time i expect an increase of bitcoin value then a crash at halving and probably an increase again after it.
Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1014

View Profile
January 14, 2016, 08:32:46 PM

No one knows what will happen to be honest.
For sure we all would like to see a nice new ATH or at least a price around the $1000.
The only thing we can do is wait and see how things will develop the next months.
In worst case I believe we would stay were we are, what whould mean that halving is already priced in, what I can't believe.
ShrykeZ

Activity: 630

View Profile
January 14, 2016, 08:37:54 PM

I do expect a movement, up or down however I am not sure of, probably a mix of both leading up to it.
WENGER

Activity: 274

Negative rating was requested by me (SFR10)

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2016, 09:05:00 PM

All the facts point to it having positive effect over it's price as that's how it should normally be as just imagine each blocks find reward gets divided by two therefor each effort taken to do so has been increased so it should result in better and higher outcome than it is before the halving.
MatTheCat

Activity: 840

View Profile
January 14, 2016, 10:04:52 PM

What happens to price after any big ramp based upon over enthiusastic expectations over some fundamental event?

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
January 14, 2016, 10:17:49 PM

The effect will be minimal at the time of the halving. Any effect will be prices in already and most likely price will even drop once people realize the price isnt moving and they start selling their stack again.

Halving is not some magical moment, supply remains exactly the same, only the inflation slows down a bit.
MatTheCat

Activity: 840

View Profile
January 14, 2016, 10:26:22 PM

The effect will be minimal at the time of the halving. Any effect will be prices in already and most likely price will even drop once people realize the price isnt moving and they start selling their stack again.

Halving is not some magical moment, supply remains exactly the same, only the inflation slows down a bit.

It shouldn't be some magical moment......but this is trading you are talking about.

Traders are generally chomping at the bit for some good story to justify piling into, or out of, a particular asset. I think an impending 'halving' of supply rate is a pretty good excuse for traders to jump into Bitcoin, setting the thing on a powerful upward trend, which then justfify yet more traders trying to catch momentum, thus sending the fucker parabolic.

Be a nightmare when it comes around....won't be able to enjoy, be too busy focussing on when to cash out....and will invariably end up kicking myself at some point....I think $1000 would be a pretty good 'Blind Sell' target come June/July 2016.

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
boopy265420
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1005

View Profile
January 14, 2016, 10:33:01 PM

I really don't expect any dramatic increase in price after this date of halving.Price are already reached the level where it should be after halving if we calculate earning/cost of mining.I don't say there will be no increase at all but will not be as many of us are expecting.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: