Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 10:43:40 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin is dead, time for altcoins to rise up and take its place  (Read 2565 times)
bugsywugsy

Activity: 176
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 15, 2016, 05:32:11 PM

The sky is falling :grin:

Erkallys
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 15, 2016, 05:32:47 PM

Isn't Mike Hearns a guy from Cryptsy ? If such a man says this kind of things, this is the contrary ! Bitcoin's health don't depend on the price. If it fall by 200$, it will be healthier than before because a lot of people will rush to buy it. That's this, the strengh of Bitcoin, it's users, not some random scammers Wink !
maokoto

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

✪ NEXCHANGE | BTC, LTC, ETH & DOGE ✪

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2016, 05:35:55 PM

So this major fall is due to Mike Hearn opinion on Bitcoin? It is really sad that the coin is so heavily influenced by those things. I do not think it is dead at all, neither are altcoins. Still will hold them and wait for them to recover after this.

Yakamoto
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
January 15, 2016, 05:39:38 PM

So this major fall is due to Mike Hearn opinion on Bitcoin? It is really sad that the coin is so heavily influenced by those things. I do not think it is dead at all, neither are altcoins. Still will hold them and wait for them to recover after this.
I highly doubt this drop is influenced by Mike's opinion.

The cryptsy exchange failed at approximately the same time Hearn made his announcements, and so it is more likely just compounding factors.

The cryptsy exchange is likely liquidating right now, and thus we just have to wait for the sell off to pass.

We just have to wait for these events to pass, it'll only be something like a week at most, I hope.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
January 15, 2016, 05:39:51 PM

Yeah, altcoins are the future. Look at Cryptsy Smiley
Are you assuming that with altcoins there will not be scams? There are the same problems everything

that was a sarcasm, and anyway what's the deal it, mike is concerned primarily because of the block limit, which will be adressed in april, with an increase to 2mb limit

all fud as usual, the people that are feeding these fud are even worse than those that create them
defaultking

Activity: 140

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2016, 05:40:51 PM

I read someone somewhere and they made a good point. Altcoins shouldn't hope for Bitcoin to die anywhere in the near future. There point was with all the developers that have been working on bitcoin and bitcoin related stuff ("tools and products") it would take any other altcoin a few years to get back to the point that bitcoin is now. Maybe one day an altcoin will come closer to bitcoin as far as content, then this may be a likely case, but for now I say bitcoin is fine where it's at.

With that said I think most other altcoins have a niche that they fill anyways without having to be head guy. (Dogecoin TO THE MOON!)
virtualdn
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1093

View Profile
January 15, 2016, 05:43:10 PM

Bitcoin is dead according to Mike Hearns, could this be the turning point in which bitcoin becomes just another altcoin and the altcoins will rise up and take away the market cap that belonged to bitcoin?  Smiley

Bitcoin is not dead. If it would be all alt coins will be.

1 BTC = 1 BTC
WENGER

Activity: 274
Merit: 250

Negative rating was requested by me (SFR10)

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2016, 05:46:53 PM

Bitcoin never dies, it just get's manipulated at times and base on the past, if you google, you could find many articles (hundreds of them) claiming Bitcoin is dead , blah blah blah and yet until now, it's here and were here because of it so I can't really see any other altcoin to take Bitcoins place, even for a seconds (no offense to altcoin owners).
Boosterious

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

The mind is everything. What you think you become.

View Profile
January 15, 2016, 05:47:21 PM

Bitcoin is dead according to Mike Hearns, could this be the turning point in which bitcoin becomes just another altcoin and the altcoins will rise up and take away the market cap that belonged to bitcoin?  Smiley
who is mike hearns?is he bitcoin expert or another guy?i dont think this is will happen,bitcoin will not dead just because the price really going down,and i am sure bitcoin will rise up soon,as usually,raise and down is not matter for bitcoin and bitcoin adopter.

fortunecrypto
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1047

thecryptocurrency.directory

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2016, 05:48:58 PM

the original will always stand up bitcoin will not just become another alt coin they are the front runner of the crypto-currency

this is only a trying time but definitely bitcoin will pass this and still emerge as the number one crypto-currency I don't see litecoin and doge coin

Or any other coin replacing bitcoin as the leader in the coinmarketcap ranking

Erkallys
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 15, 2016, 05:49:30 PM

who is mike hearns?is he bitcoin expert or another guy?i dont think this is will happen,bitcoin will not dead just because the price really going down,and i am sure bitcoin will rise up soon,as usually,raise and down is not matter for bitcoin and bitcoin adopter.

Mike Hearns is a scammer that performed the recent Cryptsy scam. At least that's what I know. If I'm wrong, correct me Wink !
hazenyc

Activity: 668
Merit: 257

View Profile
January 15, 2016, 05:53:07 PM

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/bitcoin-dead-long-live-adam-hayes-cfa
b1007 (OP)

Activity: 404
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 15, 2016, 05:57:25 PM
Last edit: June 11, 2019, 12:09:42 AM by b1007

For the record, even as an altcoin owner, I personally would like bitcoin to prosper and not die because I think it will be good for crypto currencies in general.

I like to speculate
Curious8

Activity: 215

View Profile
January 15, 2016, 06:06:35 PM

Altcoin ? what is that ?
capcher

Activity: 224

This user is currently ignored.

View Profile
January 15, 2016, 06:07:55 PM

Huh, what does Mike Hearn have to do with Cryptsy???

All I know is that he was until recently a Bitcoin core developer.

If you haven't read it, here's his Medium post where he says Bitcoin is dead: https://medium.com/@octskyward/the-resolution-of-the-bitcoin-experiment-dabb30201f7#.o3k2dwp2r

He describes the current Bitcoin as

... a payments network that:
  • Couldn’t move your existing money
  • Had wildly unpredictable fees that were high and rising fast
  • Allowed buyers to take back payments they’d made after walking out of shops, by simply pressing a button (if you aren’t aware of this “feature” that’s because Bitcoin was only just changed to allow it)
  • Is suffering large backlogs and flaky payments
  • … which is controlled by China
  • … and in which the companies and people building it were in open civil war?
crazyivan
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!

View Profile
January 15, 2016, 06:09:56 PM

Mike Hearn is a piece of shit.

Now when he sold all of his BTC, now he comes back to us and says BTC s a lost cause.

Well, I dont think so and I can bet most of the community does not think so. People often have ulterior motives and I would be surprised Mike s got one as well.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
pedrog
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031

View Profile
January 15, 2016, 06:10:02 PM

Just a small correction to the article, Gavin Andresen is not a XT opponent.

Gavin Andresen and Jeff Garzik, both outspoken opponents of XT

https://bitcoin.consider.it/

hazenyc

Activity: 668
Merit: 257

View Profile
January 15, 2016, 06:28:53 PM

ahh, good catch. Fixed it Smiley
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
January 15, 2016, 06:35:43 PM

ahh, good catch. Fixed it Smiley
Hey, as a side note I met with the developer of consider.it and saw what a cool thing he has created. if your not familiar with this site it is worth checking out.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
xdrpx

Activity: 616
Merit: 603

View Profile
January 15, 2016, 06:40:25 PM

Bitcoins definitely not dead, I mean reporters have reported Bitcoin's obituaries several times, I honestly hope and feel this isn't it for Bitcoin xD. I'm just hoping there will be a consensus among the developers soon and they can engineer a better way to solve the blocksize debate, and probably everyone can unite once again for the betterment of bitcoin.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: