Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 09:09:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Theymos you have 48 hours  (Read 6055 times)
alesx.onfire

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

It's Not Enough

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 07:49:58 AM

Theymos isn't the big boss here?... I say, i'm sure he can "track" the IP of that newbie account, and find his alt in the forum.
*Cough* VPNs
*Cough* Proxies
*Cough* Tor
Do you want me to have asthma?

I forget that, lol.

There's a script to find "similar-style-writting", i mean, the software/script used with QS and other members, the last year.

mexxer-2

Activity: 924
Merit: 1005

4 Mana 7/7

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 07:53:42 AM

There's a script to find "similar-style-writting", i mean, the software/script used with QS and other members, the last year.
According to what I know, the QS alts reveal was not based on similarity between posts, he's like a different persona with a different writing style on every account. It was pre-determined by tsp due to some other stuff QS forgot hiding that lead to finding out of his alts.
Anyway, pretty sure the "script" would need at least 100s of post input to determine anything useful, if it does work that is.
Makingsure

Activity: 140
Merit: 10

Judge a Man not by his postcount,but by activity

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 09:32:21 AM

question. is Papritan the guy who got arrested by the sec or something?
maybe that's why he "died"?   ;p
http://www.bloombergview.com/articles/2013-08-08/did-the-sec-just-validate-bitcoin-no-
sorry for ignorance if incorrect
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 11:52:26 AM

question. is Papritan the guy who got arrested by the sec or something?
maybe that's why he "died"?   ;p
http://www.bloombergview.com/articles/2013-08-08/did-the-sec-just-validate-bitcoin-no-
sorry for ignorance if incorrect

no, is this guy https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=583286.0 he was not healthy enough
justspare

Activity: 1022
Merit: 538

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 01:05:11 PM

You're a newbie with 3 activity and you expect Theymos to believe you. You must be really retarded to thing anyone is going to believe you.
Astargath

Activity: 1624
Merit: 645

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 03:32:13 PM

According to what I know, the QS alts reveal was not based on similarity between posts, he's like a different persona with a different writing style on every account. It was pre-determined by tsp due to some other stuff QS forgot hiding that lead to finding out of his alts.
Anyway, pretty sure the "script" would need at least 100s of post input to determine anything useful, if it does work that is.

The script won't even work with 50% of people here since most of them have a really bad english and I'm sure that script would identify a lot of people as being the same when in reality they are just other people.

By the way I saw a post on reddit asking theymos to leave the reddit bitcoin administration and it had quite a lot of upvotes.

\\\\\...COIN.....
...CURB...
         ▄▄▄████████████▄▄▄
      ▄██████████████████████▄
    ▄█████▀▀▀          ▀▀▀█████▄
   ████▀      █████▄▄       ▀████
  ████        ██   ▀██        ████
 ████         ██    ██         ████
▐███▌         ██▄▄▄██▀         ▐███▌
▐███▌         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▐███▌
▐███▌         ████████         ▐███▌
 ████            ██            ████
  ████           ██           ████
   ████▄         ██         ▄████
    ▀█████▄▄▄          ▄▄▄█████▀
      ▀██████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀
........NEWS, UPDATES, & ICO'S........
...FROM ALL THE PROJECTS YOU LOVE...
▄▄█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████▀     ██  ██  ██     ▀██▀     ██      ██     ▀██  ██     ▀██     █████████████
█████████████  ██████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██████  ██████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ████████████████
█████████████▄    ▀██  ██  ██  ▀▀  ██▄    ▀██  ██████  ▀▀  ██  ██  ▀▀  ██     █████████████
█████████████████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██████  ██  ██████  ▄  ▀██  ██  ██  ██  ████████████████
█████████████     ▄██▄    ▄██  ▀▀ ▄██     ▄██      ██  ██  ██  ██  ▀▀ ▄██     █████████████
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███               ███
▐██   ▐█▄   ▄███▄   ██▌
██▌    ███▄██████▀  ▐██
██▌    ▐████████    ▐██
▐██     ▐██████     ██▌
 ███   ▀█████▀     ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███   ▄██████▀▄   ███
▐██   ████▀▀▀████   ██▌
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
▐██   ████▄▄▄████   ██▌
 ███   ▀███████▀   ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀
/////
sase007

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 05:42:51 PM

Theymos isn't the big boss here?... I say, i'm sure he can "track" the IP of that newbie account, and find his alt in the forum.
*Cough* VPNs
*Cough* Proxies
*Cough* Tor

While the program of this forum may not be able to penetrate VPNs, Proxies and Tor for personal data. It may be saved on the session of that VPN/Proxy. Unsure of how Tor operates, but, I believe it may work in a similar way.
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1520

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2016, 06:33:27 PM

*Cough* VPNs
*Cough* Proxies
*Cough* Tor

While the program of this forum may not be able to penetrate VPNs, Proxies and Tor for personal data. It may be saved on the session of that VPN/Proxy. Unsure of how Tor operates, but, I believe it may work in a similar way.

Are you suggesting what I think you are suggesting? Because it sounds like theymos should get a court order for everyone that connects via VPN or Proxy to get the IP from their log files (if they log files). With Tor its next to impossible due to the way it works, contact the exit node does not help you. You need to control the entry point and the exit point

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
sase007

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 07:36:11 PM

*Cough* VPNs
*Cough* Proxies
*Cough* Tor

Are you suggesting what I think you are suggesting? Because it sounds like theymos should get a court order for everyone that connects via VPN or Proxy to get the IP from their log files (if they log files). With Tor its next to impossible due to the way it works, contact the exit node does not help you. You need to control the entry point and the exit point

No! I am merely suggesting that you can track session times and responses.
Court orders may not be required (he could pay companies to get this information as he will not get a court order for this without evidence. The government don't run off a "get warrent now, court proceedings about it later")
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2016, 07:42:04 PM

*Cough* VPNs
*Cough* Proxies
*Cough* Tor

Court orders may not be required (he could pay companies to get this information as he will not get a court order for this without evidence. The government don't run off a "get warrent now, court proceedings about it later")

Well, you say that but....

erikalui
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2016, 07:56:13 PM

So 1 lac USD (250BTC) of the forum has been lost and for the past 2 years nobody has been able to recover it? The treasurers have not given their ID proof or anything to verify them? In such cases there should be a successor who can return the funds.

shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2016, 08:13:45 PM

*Cough* VPNs
*Cough* Proxies
*Cough* Tor

I also heard different stories, but lets put that aside.

@sase007 How do "session times" and "responses" get your personal data? and what exactly are they.

mexxer-2

4 Mana 7/7

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 08:18:35 PM

So 1 lac USD (250BTC) of the forum has been lost and for the past 2 years nobody has been able to recover it? The treasurers have not given their ID proof or anything to verify them? In such cases there should be a successor who can return the funds.

Efforts have been made, theymos even put a 25 BTC bounty on whoever can successfully allow him to contact his family members(or something similar) . And no , paraipan didn't have a "death switch"
As for ID proof, none was given to theymos(IIRC) , the treasurers simply were people who had proven their trustworthiness.
sase007

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 08:23:00 PM

*Cough* VPNs
*Cough* Proxies
*Cough* Tor

I also heard different stories, but lets put that aside.

@sase007 How do "session times" and "responses" get your personal data? and what exactly are they.

OK. Mainly, when logging onto computers or servers, it stores your session time. The session time is the time that you logged onto the system (or the time that you made a request to another system or a part of that system). A response, is the response that you get from the request you have made.

If you log onto most sites, like, bitmain sites or google, they log your IP. No matter what you are doing.

Most service providers that provide Proxy services or VPN will show what the user's request was, and an address that the information will be forwarded to.

It will usually go:
Computer (user requests) → VPN/Proxy → Server (under the VPN/Proxy IP address) → VPN/Proxy → Computer (the response).

The arrows suggest the data transfer. The server is sent packages from the Proxy or VPN server. The packages with the IP address of the VPN/Proxy are then relayed back the the user's computer, in different packages (as they are forwarded but have diffferent IP addresses attached).
mexxer-2

4 Mana 7/7

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 08:25:36 PM

-snip-
Good thing some people are starting to get curious about their privacy and taking steps, but isn't this a bit too off-topic?
sase007

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 08:26:45 PM

-snip-
Good thing some people are starting to get curious about their privacy and taking steps, but isn't this a bit too off-topic?
Mexxer-2, If I am asked for information, I will give it. It is still linking back to the topic at hand. For legal reasons, servers store user's information (so they are not liable).

I would argue that your post following is more off topic than mine?

Efforts have been made, theymos even put a 25 BTC bounty on whoever can successfully allow him to contact his family members(or something similar) . And no , paraipan didn't have a "death switch"
As for ID proof, none was given to theymos(IIRC) , the treasurers simply were people who had proven their trustworthiness.

OK... So instead of being empathetic for the death of a treasurer and his family, we are now wondering what happened to his 250BTC?

Also, this is not much to lose for the forum (It has over 5500 BTC according to Theymos). Not sure it is really worth going to this effort for 1/22 of this).
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2016, 08:29:03 PM

-snip-
OK. Mainly, when logging onto computers or servers, it stores your session time. The session time is the time that you logged onto the system (or the time that you made a request to another system or a part of that system). A response, is the response that you get from the request you have made.

If you log onto most sites, like, bitmain sites or google, they log your IP. No matter what you are doing.

Most service providers that provide Proxy services or VPN will show what the user's request was, and an address that the information will be forwarded to.

It will usually go:
Computer (user requests) → VPN/Proxy → Server (under the VPN/Proxy IP address) → VPN/Proxy → Computer (the response).

The arrows suggest the data transfer. The server is sent packages from the Proxy or VPN server. The packages with the IP address of the VPN/Proxy are then relayed back the the user's computer, in different packages (as they are forwarded but have diffferent IP addresses attached).

I still dont see how this could help to identify an alt account.

mexxer-2

4 Mana 7/7

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 08:36:10 PM

I still dont see how this could help to identify an alt account.
Possibly, figuring what the real IP behind a VPN is and checking against other account's IPs similarly .
Mexxer-2, If I am asked for information, I will give it. It is still linking back to the topic at hand. For legal reasons, servers store user's information (so they are not liable).
Oh the wonders you can do with a PM.
I would argue that your post following is more off topic than mine?
Nope it was related.
OP's argument-> Others calling him a troll and having an alt-> Someone says why not look for his IP-> I give answers
Yours goes farther in the "chain"
OK... So instead of being empathetic for the death of a treasurer and his family, we are now wondering what happened to his 250BTC?

Also, this is not much to lose for the forum (It has over 5500 BTC according to Theymos). Not sure it is really worth going to this effort for 1/22 of this).
Having doubts is fine by me, especially if its about a significant amount of money(BTC in this case). You'd have no problem if I after being a trustworthy person, take 1/22 of what you've earned so far by your job(if you have one) never to be seen again?

Edit: ~100 grands is a significant amount of money.
erikalui
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2016, 08:41:39 PM

@mexxer-2: Death Switch? I dint mean that. I do feel sad for the person as he is no more.

@sase007: Like I said, I do feel sorry for that the person is no more but it's already been 2 years for this incident. Since theymos himself has mentioned that he has not received the funds, I just asked the same. It's the forum's money and not the treasure's and this money was collected from the donations sent to help the forum (I hope I'm not wrong here).

I don't know why but you two are talking as if I am heartless and mocking a person's death. Sorry but I'm not and I pray for his soul. I wish that the forum does get its money back though.

If this topic is an off one, it can be moved to the said section.

sase007

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 08:47:23 PM

@mexxer-2: Death Switch? I dint mean that. I do feel sad for the person as he is no more.

@sase007: Like I said, I do feel sorry for that the person is no more but it's already been 2 years for this incident. Since theymos himself has mentioned that he has not received the funds, I just asked the same. It's the forum's money and not the treasure's and this money was collected from the donations sent to help the forum (I hope I'm not wrong here).

I don't know why but you two are talking as if I am heartless and mocking a person's death. Sorry but I'm not and I pray for his soul. I wish that the forum does get its money back though.

If this topic is an off one, it can be moved to the said section.

I was thinking that it may look to others that people on this thread were not unhappy about this person's passing. I was just trying to remove other's inerpretations of this quickly.

No need to takeoffence from what I said and likewise.

As we have no idea of this person's decendents or IP address tracing. This subject now seems pretty mute (We are not going to get anywhere quickly without even a name!)

Death switches would be a terrible Idea based on the amount of Bitcoin that was at stake, measns that the money could be stolen prematurely.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: