Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 04:21:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: mt.gox - how long does it take to add my funds to acc?  (Read 884 times)
zxyzxy (OP)

Activity: 133
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 23, 2012, 08:42:49 AM

what kind of shit operation is this? no kind of confirmation they received my money, no kind of feedback from them.. i have sent them question throught that amazing "contact us" formular, because i couldnt find anything else and they did not even bother to reply.. this is that famous site that manages 80% of worldwide btc transfers? i have sent them money 3 days ago (to their bank account) and to this day nothing on my account (note: my money is not pending, they received them). how long does this process usually take? is this just because it was the weeks end? thanks in advance for any info..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Blazr

Activity: 882
Merit: 1005

View Profile
December 23, 2012, 08:44:19 AM

1. Its Christmas
2. Wire transfers are really slow and can take up to 3 weeks. Blame the banks for this.
3. Monday is a bank holiday in Japan which has slowed things down.
4. Depositing direct to MtGox is one of the slowest ways to get BTC, depending on your country.

zebedee
Donator

Activity: 668
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 23, 2012, 11:13:06 AM

1. Its Christmas
2. Wire transfers are really slow and can take up to 3 weeks. Blame the banks for this.
3. Monday is a bank holiday in Japan which has slowed things down.
4. Depositing direct to MtGox is one of the slowest ways to get BTC, depending on your country.
I deposited JPY, from Japan, where transfers happen same day.  It took 2 weeks to be credited - no holidays or anything else in-between.  No reason given other than something vague like "bank configuration not setup".

Please don't excuse Gox's tardiness; they love to blame it on the banks.  For some reason they just choose to delay deposits and withdrawals, which is what someone running without full reserves would do.  Coincidence?  Who knows.
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
December 23, 2012, 11:43:38 AM

i have sent them question throught that amazing "contact us" formular, because i couldnt find anything else

Contact Us is for like press inquiries or busines development.

You want support (it was to the left of the "Contact Us" link)

- https://support.mtgox.com/home  <---- Click "Submit a request" at the top.

File a ticket there.

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 23, 2012, 12:13:01 PM

Yeah, the weekend's just about to end in Japan but tomorrow is the Emperor's Birthday Holiday.

Mt Gox has already advised that they'll be working in a limited capacity from 24 December to 7 January.  It's a 5 day weekend in Japan next weekend, too so it's not the ideal time of year for doing stuff involving banks.

Dear customers and friends! It is, once again, the period of the year where most of you will spend time with relatives, loved ones and friends for some well earned holidays and for some fun!  While Bitcoin never seems to stop, we at Mt.Gox like you are just merely mortal humans that sometimes also need some rest and fun!  This is why, from December 24th to January 7th, Mt.Gox will work in limited capacity while still being able to help you whenever a question arises or regarding your account.

https://mtgox.com/press_release_20121214.html

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
justusranvier
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009

View Profile
December 29, 2012, 09:15:13 PM

It would be nice if they wouldn't say things like this on their website:

NOTE: Your deposit may be delayed to up to 24 hours after your Dwolla transaction clears until Dwolla allows us to make this automated and due to more stringent AML requirements, all deposits are subject to a verification process.

Most people interpret "up to" as a limit not to be exceeded, even on weekends and holidays. If they really mean "we attempt to clear all deposits within an average of 24 hours" they should say so.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: