Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 02:13:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [VIDEO] Me melting Silver and casting an ingot  (Read 6604 times)
MKEGuy

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 29, 2012, 02:20:08 AM

As I listen to you hopefully beat this bar in another tab of my browser...

Do yourself a favor.  Get these videos off of the internet as soon as humanly possible.  If you haven't realized yet, reputation is everything in this community.  This isn't doing you any favors if you haven't already figured it out.

Your best bet at this point is going to be selling to people on Ebay who are clueless.  Keep to calling them 92.5 and get yourself some freaking testing acids.  Just because its stamped or hallmarked doesn't mean its really 925.  STOP relying on that.  Put a DEEP gouge in it.  A drop of acid, that will cost you about $5 for a bottle of it, and then you KNOW.

If you feel the need to video your ingot then keep it simple.  Use your sander to put a dent in all the scrap first, then video each of the drops you put on the stuff.  All the stuff going in the crucible... etc.  Stop the commentary, its not helping.

All of this sanding, hammering, etc.  Seriously dude.  So much time, your not making money.  You could buy and sell and not touch the stuff and make more money!!!

I'm not trying to hurt ya dude - Its great you wanna have a little thing going, but think about this stuff from how it looks from our end.  If you have a tough time with evaluating that, ask a friend or family member!!!

If you have >100 posts play the Circle of Trust Game  If I have helped you in any way, or you are just feeling generous... please feel free to donate! Smiley LNarfMNLyymkS9WYQFLcmr46AeMYNP8Qj2

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
johnniewalker (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 29, 2012, 02:59:30 AM

look how stupid are you ppl. I understand he advertised some5thing as .99 and it didnt turn out to be .99 but he sent an extra 50 cent peice which would cover any discrepency he also offered up another quarter. i mean come on he mad a mistake and he fully went above and beond by providing way more silver then what the customer payed for. the customer is just bitching bc he cant make mad money off the ignos bc there home made its was his choice to buy such a good /wsome deal.

i could see if the seller was trying to cheat the guy and say you got what you got but he didnt he gave more then enought to cover any problems that might of occured.
God, thank you so much.
If you people are arguing on the basis of "its not about the amount of silver, it is about the purity of the silver marked on the bar" then you can go to the hardware store and stamp a 2 over the 9 and add a 5.
Because thats how I did it-with at home equipment. The stamp isn't even deep. If you are so concerned, sand off the extra 9. In addition to everything else I offered, I told the customer that I would be happy to melt all of the ingots and ensure purity of .925 and create a larger, single ingot for him-with the appropriate marks.
If you really think the stamping of the bar means anything you're wrong. This was a "made at home" ingot. Someone could melt just coins and put a .999 on the bar and you would never know.
Long story short: I'm not a mint, so it doesn't matter.
johnniewalker (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 29, 2012, 03:09:36 AM

As I listen to you hopefully beat this bar in another tab of my browser...

Do yourself a favor.  Get these videos off of the internet as soon as humanly possible.  If you haven't realized yet, reputation is everything in this community.  This isn't doing you any favors if you haven't already figured it out.

Your best bet at this point is going to be selling to people on Ebay who are clueless.  Keep to calling them 92.5 and get yourself some freaking testing acids.  Just because its stamped or hallmarked doesn't mean its really 925.  STOP relying on that.  Put a DEEP gouge in it.  A drop of acid, that will cost you about $5 for a bottle of it, and then you KNOW.

If you feel the need to video your ingot then keep it simple.  Use your sander to put a dent in all the scrap first, then video each of the drops you put on the stuff.  All the stuff going in the crucible... etc.  Stop the commentary, its not helping.

All of this sanding, hammering, etc.  Seriously dude.  So much time, your not making money.  You could buy and sell and not touch the stuff and make more money!!!

I'm not trying to hurt ya dude - Its great you wanna have a little thing going, but think about this stuff from how it looks from our end.  If you have a tough time with evaluating that, ask a friend or family member!!!

Who are you? Some Silver God? I'm keeping that video on YouTube for its instructional value-if one person can learn one thing from that video, its worth leaving it up. There are some people I have established a relationship with on here, and they buy my silver. But I have realized that largly this is NOT the market for homemade ingots. I'll continue to offer silver for sale, but not in the form of hand-poured ingots on this board. A combination of trolls (Mr. Jizz in his pants), vengeful customers, and people who know nothing about melting silver is a bad combination. Do you really think I don't have the "acid" you're talking about? And what do you mean "don't stamp it, put a DEEP gouge in it"-uhh thats what stamping is. You want to help me with the next one I make, Hercules?
For one thing, I enjoy the process of melting down silver and making ingots. And you know what's even better? I make money doing it! Who are you and how the hell would you know what kind of money I'm making? No lie, I have sold a 1oz 925 ingot for $40.
Thanks A TON for all of your incredible insight. Oh, and PM me your number so I can call you next time I need to stamp an ingot.
Snipes777

Activity: 132

View Profile
December 30, 2012, 02:59:51 PM

look how stupid are you ppl. I understand he advertised some5thing as .99 and it didnt turn out to be .99 but he sent an extra 50 cent peice which would cover any discrepency he also offered up another quarter. i mean come on he mad a mistake and he fully went above and beond by providing way more silver then what the customer payed for. the customer is just bitching bc he cant make mad money off the ignos bc there home made its was his choice to buy such a good /wsome deal.

i could see if the seller was trying to cheat the guy and say you got what you got but he didnt he gave more then enought to cover any problems that might of occured.
God, thank you so much.
If you people are arguing on the basis of "its not about the amount of silver, it is about the purity of the silver marked on the bar" then you can go to the hardware store and stamp a 2 over the 9 and add a 5.
Because thats how I did it-with at home equipment. The stamp isn't even deep. If you are so concerned, sand off the extra 9. In addition to everything else I offered, I told the customer that I would be happy to melt all of the ingots and ensure purity of .925 and create a larger, single ingot for him-with the appropriate marks.
If you really think the stamping of the bar means anything you're wrong. This was a "made at home" ingot. Someone could melt just coins and put a .999 on the bar and you would never know.
Long story short: I'm not a mint, so it doesn't matter.

It does matter, because thats what you claimed. So what does one do with the bars that doesn't reach .925 as no one would buy those even if properly marked? So now the customer has to pay to correct an improper marking. So awesome. Definitely a swell business model.

Voluntaryism- The belief that ALL human interactions should be free of force, fraud and coercion.
Taxation is Theft; War is Murder; Incarceration is Kidnapping; Spanking is Assault; Federal Reserve Notes are Counterfeiting
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voluntaryism
dmcurser

Activity: 502
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 30, 2012, 04:15:46 PM

in theory tho he has still giving more silver then the guy bought so he did remedy it i know in the real world there are store that do not accept return point blank. even if you buy something walk out to our car try to use it and its broke still you cant return it. the seller even tho he mis marked bars he still provided enough silver plus some to account for any mistakes so the buyer is still making out in this situation isnt taking care of the customer what matters just because the customer didnt get exactly what he wanted he was more then compensated for any mistakes.

example of this i just got comcast at my new house started service on the 23 of nov. i had 3 problems right away
1st problem was they didnt send all the equipment nesscery for service
2nd was wrong internet speeds provide then what i was paying for
3rd was no phone

problems 2 and 3 took about 3 weeks and 2 days to fix
and do you know what i got for all my troubles a 5 dollar credit thats it for not having half my service and the other half being fucked up i got 5 dollars thats it.

so i dont see why you flaming this seller who was and is more then happy to make right but the seller is sticking to his guns on no returns. also after 1 month i wouldn't accept a return either

1Q7TPBHHVmGCvqffYHpXCCBgbcBQ4NwXdW
evanesce

Activity: 164

Look ARROUND!

View Profile
December 31, 2012, 02:30:07 AM

I absolutely love this thread and am considering buying an ingot off him purely as a souvenir of his entertainment value especially with the videos. I was laughing out loud so hard it pissed off my gf while she was sleeping which made this whole experience even more enjoyable. 

Interested in a 1oz 925 shipped. Thanks!

johnniewalker (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 31, 2012, 09:00:12 AM

I absolutely love this thread and am considering buying an ingot off him purely as a souvenir of his entertainment value especially with the videos. I was laughing out loud so hard it pissed off my gf while she was sleeping which made this whole experience even more enjoyable. 

Interested in a 1oz 925 shipped. Thanks!
lol I hope you're serious. PM me.
evanesce

Activity: 164

Look ARROUND!

View Profile
December 31, 2012, 05:43:12 PM

Serious. PM incoming

kibblesnbits

Activity: 557
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 01, 2013, 12:14:09 AM

You'd be making more BTC by cooking up meth in your bedroom with laundry detergent.
Of course, big Breaking Bad fan. I'll stick to legal activities/trade though. But thanks for the advice lol.

Better call Saul!

ASICMINERTUBE

The Best $/Gh Bitcoin Miner So Far
   ►►►   DISCOVER NOW !!!   ◄◄◄
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: