Bitcoin Forum
July 05, 2024, 02:05:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Just started solo mining Ether, need info  (Read 4138 times)
calkob (OP)

Activity: 1092
Merit: 520

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 11:11:53 PM

Hi, i just started solo mining Ether with my GPU.  Is there like a command to see if i have found a block and also how do i send any ether from the coinbase where are the privkeys kept?

many thanks
XERES

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 17, 2016, 10:46:37 AM

surely you would see the ether in your account when you hit a block. Also i dont think there are many ether fans here. so try out their forum Cheesy
https://forum.ethereum.org/

MTJ151

Activity: 221
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 17, 2016, 01:38:17 PM

If you are using geth you can use  'geth console' in the command line.

The commands you want once you have opened geth console are:

web3.eth.coinbase     - to find what address you are mining to... then copy your address and use:

web3.eth.getBalance("addressGoesHere") to see whats in it.

You should always make sure that the coinbase address is not 0x0 as if it is you will be mining into a black hole with no chance of getting your coins!!

calkob (OP)

Activity: 1092
Merit: 520

View Profile
January 17, 2016, 07:46:05 PM

Cheers for that  Grin

so can i asked once i mine a block how do i send the coins?  i dont have a gui wallet say like bitcoin core, what command sends the coin from my coinbase and where are the privkey kept?
Jasmint

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 12:01:51 PM

Cheers for that  Grin

so can i asked once i mine a block how do i send the coins?  i dont have a gui wallet say like bitcoin core, what command sends the coin from my coinbase and where are the privkey kept?

You can find the information in cyptoming blog.

AS requested here comes a simple guide on how to solo mine Ethereum Ether coins on a local system or within a network with multiple mining rigs. Note that at this point it is already pointless to try local solo mining with CPU only, and if you do not have enough GPU power available and you end up with some bad luck you may not be able to solve a block in a long time. Also our experience shows that geth may lockup at times when solo mining not sending new work from the current block, so do monitor your mining rigs carefully should you decide to try it. If you want to mine in a pool, then you might want to check out our other Quick Guide on How to Mine Ethereum on Windows. Before you get started you need to download the geth and ethminer Windows binaries from the link below, then just follow the instructions below:
Generating wallet address:
– Open the geth folder and run geth-console.bat to start Ethereum in console mode
– The software will need to download the blockchain data, it can take some time
– In the console type: personal.newAccount("password")
– Instead of password in the quotes above write your own password and remember it well
– In the console type: eth.accounts
– This will list your Ethereum wallet address
– To check your account balance you can type:web3.fromWei(eth.getBalance(eth.coinbase), "ether")
Sending Ether to another wallet:
– First you need to unlock your account by typing in the console the following (replace password with your password): personal.unlockAccount(eth.accounts[0], "password")
– In the console type: eth.sendTransaction({from: 'your_address', to: 'recipient_address', value: web3.toWei(1, "ether")})
– In the above code replace your_address and recipient_address with the respective addresses, the example is for sending 1 Ether, but you can change the value depending on your needs
Starting geth for solo mining:
– To lisen for connections only on the local system type: geth --rpc --rpcaddr "localhost" --rpcport 8545
– To be accessible on the local network type: geth --rpc --rpcaddr "192.168.0.123" --rpcport 8545
– Make sure that for local LAN accessibility you replace the rpcaddr IP address to the one that of the machine geth is running on, the 192.168.0.123 is just an example
– To be accessible on the Internet type: geth --rpc --rpcaddr "x.x.x.x" --rpcport 8545
– Make sure that for Internet accessibility you replace the rpcaddr IP address to the one that of the machine geth is running on, the x.x.x.x in the example will not work, also make sure that the 8545 port (or another one you decide to use) is forwarded
Starting ethminer for solo mining:
– For local system mining with ethminer on the same PC that geth is running on use:ethminer -G
– For mining on a system in the Local LAN where geth is installed and running use:ethminer -G -F http://192.168.0.123:8545
– Make sure that for local LAN mining the IP address of the system geth is running on is set correctly on the miner, the 192.168.0.123 is just an example, also make sure that there is no Firewall blocking connections
– For using mining rig to mine over the Internet on a PC with geth running in your local LAN use: ethminer -G -F http://x.x.x.x:8545
– For Internet access make sure that instead of the x.x.x.x in the example you set your external IP address and that the 8545 port is properly forwarded between the external IP and the system running geth

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: