Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 06:57:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Blockstream/Core: Support of DDOS Attacks on Classic  (Read 2492 times)
keepdoing (OP)

Activity: 140
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 17, 2016, 02:19:22 PM
Last edit: January 18, 2016, 04:50:21 PM by grue

I've seen several posts where Blockstream/Core supporters seem to be encouraging DDOS attacks on Classic Nodes.  I do not think it will work for a simple reason... because I see support for Classic growing very fast.  Who you going to attack when there will be So Many Classic Nodes popping up!  

But this is a REMINDER TO ALL...... be prepared to launch Classic Hard & Fast!  This is going to be a battle, albeit a short one.  A Clear Message needs to be sent that Bitcoin Classic IS Bitcoin.  That the Bitcoin Community is in Concensus.  Its going to be ALL HANDS ON DECK when that Bitcoin Classic Download button goes active.  Everybody upgrade.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

And I want to make perfectly clear how the Supporters of Blockstream/Core are acting as they publically admit support of DDOSing Classic Nodes.

They are admitting they will do anything it takes to get their way..... EXCEPT THAT THEY WILL.......

1) NOT Vote in a Fair Concensus Fashion.  
2) NOT Submit BIPs for fair consideration to the broader Bitcoin Community .  
3) NOT Dialogue (in non-censored fashion) with other Developers in an attempt to get the best bitcoin possible.  

They Resort to.......

DDOS Attacks!  FUD!  Lying!  Threatening!  Intimidation!

JUST TO BE CLEAR...... THIS is what Blockstream/Core is all about.

inline signature removed

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
keepdoing (OP)

View Profile
January 17, 2016, 04:35:05 PM

You need to add (After classic gets Ddosed back to the stone age people will rejoice........ )

and....

If DDoSing nodes is te only way to prevent Bitcoin Classic is to do this............wouldn't be something bad.

So sad.  It is clear that Classic is going to prevail, and all Blockstream/Core Supporters can resort to is illegal actions.

I think so many people had hoped that Blockstream/Core would professionally and responsibly accept that the overwhelming majority of the Bitcoin Community simply disagrees with their roadmap, and they would sigh deeply, but graciously accept defeat and join the greater effort to improve and strengthen Bitcoin.....  continuing to work on Sidechain/Lightening.

But Blockstream/Core Supporters have chosen a scorched earth policy.  Burn everything Bitcoin if they can't have it.  This is how everyone associated with Blocksteam/Core will be remembered.  Including all the investors, who will soon start being listed. 
keepdoing (OP)

View Profile
January 17, 2016, 05:50:29 PM
Last edit: January 18, 2016, 04:49:56 PM by grue

So sad.  It is clear that Classic is going to prevail, and all Blockstream/Core Supporters can resort to is illegal actions.

I think so many people had hoped that Blockstream/Core would professionally and responsibly accept that the overwhelming majority of the Bitcoin Community simply disagrees with their roadmap, and they would sigh deeply, but graciously accept defeat and join the greater effort to improve and strengthen Bitcoin.....  continuing to work on Sidechain/Lightening.

But Blockstream/Core Supporters have chosen a scorched earth policy.  Burn everything Bitcoin if they can't have it.  This is how everyone associated with Blocksteam/Core will be remembered.  Including all the investors, who will soon start being listed.  

And who are the people behind Blockstream?

Reid Hoffman / Co-Founder of LinkedIn
Vinod Khosla / Founder of Sun Microsystems
Eric Schmidt / Google
Jerry Yang / Yahoo Founder

also.. Nicolas Berggruen, Crypto Currency Partners, Future\Perfect Ventures, Danny Hillis, Max Levchin, Mosaic Ventures, Ray Ozzie, Ribbit Capital... and others.

These are some of the biggest investors.  So here is my question....

What do these individuals / investor groups think of how this is being handled?  Are they happy that Blockstream/Core Governance team doesn't seem to be able to play well with the rest of the community, and is slowly destroying their reputation at the Bitcoin Table?  Are they happy with the lack of professionalism being shown?

I mean.... Bitcoin could be argued to be the biggest thing since the Internet itself.  I wonder if these investment entities are happy with the way their investment is being handled.  I wonder if they approve of the way decisions are being made, and of this incredibly toxic war that is being waged by those associated with their investment?

Or are they actually THE puppet masters pulling the strings?

Regardless, I cannot imagine that these reputations will escape unsmeared as well - once the Blockstream/Core rebellion has been crushed.  Plenty of distaste and ridicule and boycotting to go around I suppose.

inline signature removed
keepdoing (OP)

View Profile
January 17, 2016, 05:57:52 PM

Classic threads belong in the Altcoin section: >>> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=67.0
I forgot to add one....

They Resort to.......

DDOS Attacks!  FUD!  Lying!  Threatening!  Intimidation! AND CENSORSHIP!

JUST TO BE CLEAR...... THIS is what Blockstream/Core is all about.

ALSO TO BE CLEAR.... this is a discussion about the Current Governance of the Current Bitcoin-Core.
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
January 17, 2016, 06:00:58 PM

Eric Schmidt / Google

also.. Nicolas Berggruen, Crypto Currency Partners, Future\Perfect Ventures, Danny Hillis, Max Levchin, Mosaic Ventures, Ray Ozzie, Ribbit Capital... and others.

There are big corporate interests behind both Blockstream and some of the companies that support Classic.

WHO CARES PEOPLE.

I'm sick of these forum idiots and conspiracy theories that
think there's some grand plan to "infiltrate Bitcoin by the banksters" etc...

Yes conspiracies are sometimes real but not everything
is a conspiracy.  

The world is usually much simpler than that.  Everyone is out for
themselves to make a buck.  That's how business works.  
In fact, pretty much everyone in the world is concerned
with their own agenda.  

Blockstream is NO DIFFERENT in that regard.  They
want to "scale" Bitcoin THEIR WAY that suits their
interests.  

I really don't understand why some people can't
get that through their head.

nicked

Activity: 175
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 17, 2016, 06:14:23 PM

Eric Schmidt / Google

There are big corporate interests behind both Blockstream and some of the companies that support Classic.

WHO CARES PEOPLE.

I'm sick of these forum idiots and conspiracy theories that
think there's some grand plan to "infiltrate Bitcoin by the banksters" etc...

Yes conspiracies are sometimes real but not everything
is a conspiracy.  

The world is usually much simpler than that.  Everyone is out for
themselves to make a buck.  That's how business works.  
In fact, pretty much everyone in the world is concerned
with their own agenda.  

Blockstream is NO DIFFERENT in that regard.  They
want to "scale" Bitcoin THEIR WAY that suits their
interests.  

I really don't understand why some people can't
get that through their head.

In Africa, when a flock of ostriches sees a pride of lions coming to eat them, they just stick their heads down in the sand and POOF!
The lions just magically disappear.
keepdoing (OP)

View Profile
January 17, 2016, 06:22:32 PM

WHO CARES PEOPLE.

I care. I care what the governance team of Bitcoin is.  I care about who is standing behind it.  

With Blockstream/Core I see Big Name Tech Insiders.  I see dirty tricks, bad morals, untrustworthiness, scattered mini-centralization in chains, and total loss of privacy.

With Classic I see Big Name Tech Insiders, Small Banks, Large Banks, Independent Companies, and Mainstream Users in General.  I see sound decision making, unselfish and flexible paths, widespread de-centralization, and increased individual privacy protections.

So yes, I care, and I think it is important for everyone to see the facts of what is going on beyond the smoke and mirrors lying FUD illusion that Blockstream/Core is trying to paint.
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
January 17, 2016, 07:53:42 PM

WHO CARES PEOPLE.

I care. I care what the governance team of Bitcoin is.  I care about who is standing behind it.  

With Blockstream/Core I see Big Name Tech Insiders.  I see dirty tricks, bad morals, untrustworthiness, scattered mini-centralization in chains, and total loss of privacy.

With Classic I see Big Name Tech Insiders, Small Banks, Large Banks, Independent Companies, and Mainstream Users in General.  I see sound decision making, unselfish and flexible paths, widespread de-centralization, and increased individual privacy protections.

So yes, I care, and I think it is important for everyone to see the facts of what is going on beyond the smoke and mirrors lying FUD illusion that Blockstream/Core is trying to paint.

You bring up a good point... there are many banks and all competing with each other.

But some people here seem to have listened to one too many Alex Jones shows
(nothing against AJ, he's great)...and somehow think that the illuminati or
the bilderbergs or the bohemian club or whatever is in complete control
of all the "banksters" and the banks as a collective are conspiring to
take over bitcoin by pushing for bigger blocks so that it
becomes more 'centralized'... its the most ridiculous idea.

But yes, people are really saying stuff like "Hearn is a Bankster Shill"
... so deluded.

If the elite/deepstate/powers-that-be really do have as
much power as some people think, and if they were really
out to stop bitcion, there would be much
more effective things they would be doing.

keepdoing (OP)

View Profile
January 17, 2016, 08:43:37 PM

... so deluded.

OK... Admittedly occassionally guilty.  I DO think that XT was an idiotic and uncontrolled mess, and I do think that the only group that would have stood to gain the most off of it were the huge banks.  All this talk of stuffing the blocks with Ledger info etc...  But I am NOT necessarily against that.... I am just against extremes.  Mike represented the extreme to me.  Blockstream/Core represents the opposite extreme.   Interestingly, I see BOTH of those paths as leading to Centralization and Loss of Privacy.  Hearns path I saw giving it to the existing Fiat (even if unintentionally).  Blockstream/Core I see giving it to a "New Breed of Fiat" - the tech giants.  I can see Google, Apple, Facebook and handful of other companies running everything through App based Private Chains - and slowly but surely squeezing out the smaller chains.

I like Classic because it allows a slow, methodical growth curve.  I just feel like allowing everyone to fight it out equally and fairly will result in a better long term system of checks and balances.  Do I still think Fiat Banks or Fiat Fintech will abuse.  Yes.  It will always be there.

But my biggest beef is that Mike is associated with Classic at all by name/reputation in this current scenario.   I think he is a genius, blah blah blah, but I DO think he is a bit biased towards the wishes of his current paycheck providers, just like Blockstream/Core is with their paymasters/funders.

And yes, I think Mike went a bit unnecessarily whiny at the end, and my guess is that once he's cooled off he may (at least privately) be embarrassed by his behavior.  I actually WISH he'd just quietly backed Classic and been done with it.

But honestly he is irrelevant to Bitcoin at present in my opinion.  Deesn't mean he (or members of Blockstream/Core) can't/won't be enormous contributors down the road..... but damnit we need to get this Fork underway and done.
orpington

Activity: 784
Merit: 512

View Profile
January 17, 2016, 09:34:28 PM

... so deluded.

OK... Admittedly occassionally guilty.  I DO think that XT was an idiotic and uncontrolled mess, and I do think that the only group that would have stood to gain the most off of it were the huge banks.  All this talk of stuffing the blocks with Ledger info etc...  But I am NOT necessarily against that.... I am just against extremes.  Mike represented the extreme to me.  Blockstream/Core represents the opposite extreme.   Interestingly, I see BOTH of those paths as leading to Centralization and Loss of Privacy.  Hearns path I saw giving it to the existing Fiat (even if unintentionally).  Blockstream/Core I see giving it to a "New Breed of Fiat" - the tech giants.  I can see Google, Apple, Facebook and handful of other companies running everything through App based Private Chains - and slowly but surely squeezing out the smaller chains.

I like Classic because it allows a slow, methodical growth curve.  I just feel like allowing everyone to fight it out equally and fairly will result in a better long term system of checks and balances.  Do I still think Fiat Banks or Fiat Fintech will abuse.  Yes.  It will always be there.

But my biggest beef is that Mike is associated with Classic at all by name/reputation in this current scenario.   I think he is a genius, blah blah blah, but I DO think he is a bit biased towards the wishes of his current paycheck providers, just like Blockstream/Core is with their paymasters/funders.

And yes, I think Mike went a bit unnecessarily whiny at the end, and my guess is that once he's cooled off he may (at least privately) be embarrassed by his behavior.  I actually WISH he'd just quietly backed Classic and been done with it.

But honestly he is irrelevant to Bitcoin at present in my opinion.  Deesn't mean he (or members of Blockstream/Core) can't/won't be enormous contributors down the road..... but damnit we need to get this Fork underway and done.

Wow. Is this still you? This post actually looks and sounds sane.

I almost don't recognize it without the caps/bold/large font,etc...
keepdoing (OP)

View Profile
January 17, 2016, 09:54:12 PM

... so deluded.

Guess it depends on who is clocked in  Grin
orpington

Activity: 784
Merit: 512

View Profile
January 17, 2016, 10:00:29 PM

... so deluded.

Guess it depends on who is clocked in  Grin

Good one!  Cool
Racey
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000

Soon, I have to go away.

View Profile
January 17, 2016, 10:08:38 PM

WHO CARES PEOPLE.

This^
I would hate to see the big corruptions get leverage in bitcoin

And its gone.
Alley
Legendary

Activity: 910

View Profile
January 17, 2016, 11:34:15 PM

When can you download and run classic?
gmaxwell
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 4158
Merit: 8382

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2016, 11:41:58 PM

When you're telling outrageous lies like this, you might also want to make up some fake evidence to support them-- no one would would believe the unsubstantiated tripe would bother to fact check, and a few people who wouldn't would also not bother to fact check.  Just a tip.  Cheers!
MicroGuy
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1030

Twitter @realmicroguy

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2016, 11:51:55 PM

https://twitter.com/realmicroguy/status/688871162848366596
keepdoing (OP)

View Profile
January 17, 2016, 11:54:05 PM

When you're telling outrageous lies like this, you might also want to make up some fake evidence to support them-- no one would would believe the unsubstantiated tripe would bother to fact check, and a few people who wouldn't would also not bother to fact check.  Just a tip.  Cheers!
My Man G!  It IS sad isn't it.  Blockstream/Core has absolutely no shame it seems  Sad

But I'm preaching to the choir with you I guess.  You obviously know all this.  Guess that's why you got out Huh?  Hows the vacation treating you?  You musta needed a break after dealing with those nuts!

Good Luck G!  
keepdoing (OP)

View Profile
January 17, 2016, 11:57:25 PM

Alley, I'd say just keep an eye on the front page of the www.BitcoinClassic.com website.  When that front page "download link" goes hot - then its Game On Baby! 

I'm told maybe 2 weeks?  +/-  Working out tweeks doing due diligence. 
Racey
Legendary

Activity: 1134

Soon, I have to go away.

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 12:00:59 AM

Alley, I'd say just keep an eye on the front page of the www.BitcoinClassic.com website.  When that front page "download link" goes hot - then its Game On Baby! 

I'm told maybe 2 weeks?  +/-  Working out tweeks doing due diligence. 

I see crappo xapo on the list of supported.. ya know them corporation mother fkrs.

And its gone.
keepdoing (OP)

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 12:38:11 AM

Alley, I'd say just keep an eye on the front page of the www.BitcoinClassic.com website.  

I see crappo xapo on the list of supported.. ya know them corporation mother fkrs.
I tried Xapo, and they pissed me off.  I went through all this work to get an account, and then in tiny fine print somewhere I get notified that I can't actually get their debit card because it isn't offered in USA.  And I've used Coinbase & Circle, and I don't totally trust them either.  JP Morgan Chase holds my Mortgage - I really don't want to get into all the trickery involved there.  My local bank is a big regional - BB&T.  Overall OK, but if I am late on a personal line of credit payment they wouldn't hesitate to go evil on me.  And then there is Bob down the street.  He borrowed my RotoTiller and fucked it up.  My brother-n-law borrowed some money from me a while back, and I guess I have seen the last of that.

My point is this.... All of these institutions and individuals have proven to be untrustworthy to me at some point.  And I am quite sure I have probably screwed some people in my lifetime as well.

And soon, every entity, including you and I will be able to own and operate in Bitcoin.  And some of us will do honorably, and some will Suck.  But the market forces will work it out.  Kind of like Bob.  No way does that asshole get to borrow my shit anymore!

But it is a big world, and the more open and widely used Bitcoin is.... the more choices I have to either interact with, or not interact with.  Blockstream/Core wants to limit my choices severely, and I don't like that.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: