Bitcoin Forum
June 06, 2024, 10:45:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Blockstream/Core: Support of DDOS Attacks on Classic  (Read 2492 times)
MicroGuy
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1030

Twitter @realmicroguy

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2016, 02:37:24 AM

I'm one of those Gavinista-types. Make sure to pin every stupid thing I say on Mr. Andresen going forward.
Well that's just plain silly nonsense!  Gavinista types don't say stupid things!  You've hit your head I fear.  Confused the parties!

Take 2 aspirin and get a good nights rest.  You'll be a total ass again by morning - good as new!

Lol. Seriously, core should just increase the blocksize to 2MB in a regular maintenance update. They could even roll this into release candidate v0.12.0. It was never intended to be a consensus rule - only a temporary measure.

~~

"Satoshi is a missed benevolent dictator. Leaderless core must now find a way to tame their egos & reject conflicting temptations." ~ MicroGuy
BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1115

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 02:38:51 AM

I'm one of those Gavinista-types. Make sure to pin every stupid thing I say on Mr. Andresen going forward.
Well that's just plain silly nonsense!  Gavinista types don't say stupid things!  You've hit your head I fear.  Confused the parties!

Take 2 aspirin and get a good nights rest.  You'll be a total ass again by morning - good as new!

Just don't rage-quit. I'm sure we can all work this out as a team. Non-consensual soft-fork or contentious hard-fork. Either way, it will only hurt for a moment.

Would you care for a Soma?  Smiley

Forgive my petulance and oft-times, I fear, ill-founded criticisms, and forgive me that I have, by this time, made your eyes and head ache with my long letter. But I cannot forgo hastily the pleasure and pride of thus conversing with you.
BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1115

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 02:40:39 AM

This is the best question nobody has answered yet:

Seriously, core should just increase the blocksize to 2MB in a regular maintenance update. They could even roll this into release candidate v0.12.0. It was never intended to be a consensus rule - only a temporary measure.

Forgive my petulance and oft-times, I fear, ill-founded criticisms, and forgive me that I have, by this time, made your eyes and head ache with my long letter. But I cannot forgo hastily the pleasure and pride of thus conversing with you.
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 02:49:54 AM

This is the best question nobody has answered yet:

Seriously, core should just increase the blocksize to 2MB in a regular maintenance update. They could even roll this into release candidate v0.12.0. It was never intended to be a consensus rule - only a temporary measure.

Ask Greg Maxwell, he was in this thread for a second.
Is he still part of "core"?

Certainly if he was for it, it would happen.
Ask him why's he's not.

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2016, 04:23:11 AM

Cry  Blockstream/Core supporters seem to be encouraging DDOS attacks on Classic Nodes  Cry

Aaaawwwe, are you inconsolably despondent over the fact _Classic is not and never will be antifragile like Bitcoin?

Cry  DDOS Attacks!  FUD!  Lying!  Threatening!  Intimidation!   Cry

*nipple rubbing intensifies*

Isn't it reeeeeally not faaaaaair that nobody can DDOS Bitcoin, but _Classic is going to be nuked with state-backed (La Serenissima) agency levels of IP fury?

How terrrrrrible that anyone stupid enough to attack Bitcoin and risk $5 billion of other people's money in catastrophic consensus failure will be obliterated.  UDP is permissionless?  Aaaaawwwee, tough luck little fellah.

Coinbase is built to withstand 100Gb/s DDOS?  That's cute.  MP is probably building a Starkiller Base capable of hitting all attacking nodes, Coinbase, and the rest of the Blockchain Alliance with 500Gb/s for weeks.

When Coinbase's ISP/CDN/COLO get turned into smoking, glowing craters and Brian is told to find other providers to paint a giant target on, that's going to entail a lot of downtime.

If you understand Bitcoin at all, you understand it necessarily confers all possible advantages to its defenders, and all possible disadvantages to attackers.  EG:

How many dollars and customers does Coinbase lose every minute it's down?  How much reputation and potential business does it lose with every "Coinbase blasted off the internet!" story in the press and electronic media?

I don't know, but I'm sure it's much more than Coinbase's investors want to lose in a futile, aggressive war of choice.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2016, 04:37:14 AM

Cry  Blockstream/Core Supporters have chosen a scorched earth policy   Cry

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2016, 05:57:31 AM

Cry  So sad...I think so many people had hoped   Cry

Cry  I'm sick of these forum idiots and conspiracy theories   Cry

Cry  I really don't understand   Cry

Cry  I see dirty tricks, bad morals, untrustworthiness, scattered mini-centralization in chains, and total loss of privacy.   Cry

Cry  I care, and I think it is important for everyone to see   Cry

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
btcusury

Activity: 433
Merit: 260

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 02:21:37 PM

When you're telling outrageous lies like this, you might also want to make up some fake evidence to support them-- no one would would believe the unsubstantiated tripe would bother to fact check, and a few people who wouldn't would also not bother to fact check.  Just a tip.  Cheers!
My Man G!  It IS sad isn't it.  Blockstream/Core has absolutely no shame it seems  Sad

But I'm preaching to the choir with you I guess.  You obviously know all this.  Guess that's why you got out Huh?  Hows the vacation treating you?  You musta needed a break after dealing with those nuts!

Good Luck G!  
I have one simple request of you. Show rock solid, indisputable proof to back up your claims that Core is backed by big banks, that there is a massive conspiracy to attack Classic nodes by core (this does not include the comments of a single person), and that there really is a surge in Classic nodes and its popularity. Your behavior is definitely not the behavior of someone on the winning side. Because thus far, all you have done is filled threads you've made against Core with projection, ad-hominem attacks, lies, personal incredulity fallacies and strawman attacks against everybody who doesn't support Classic. So show me proof of your claims, and I might just support Classic.

It's unreasonable to expect "rock solid, indisputable proof". However, he has presented exactly zero evidence of anything... yet is presenting it as if obvious...

It's also interesting that, now that Hearn is out of the game, these apparent shills (or, alternatively, cheerleading fanboy followers), have no problem throwing him under the bus!

Like this master of projection ("keepdoing") said: "No more wasting time with even pretending that we are dealing with rational people."

FACT: There were hundreds of thousands of unnecessary deaths by December 2020 due to the censorship of all effective treatments (most notably ivermectin) in order to obtain EUA for experimental GT spike protein injections despite spike bioweaponization patents going back about a decade, and the manufacturers have 100% legal immunity despite long criminal histories.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: