Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 04:08:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: "Bitcoin Classic" is a classic attempt at a hostile takeover  (Read 8044 times)
CuntChocula

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 19, 2016, 05:17:46 PM

Please read this first: https://medium.com/@Cryptonight/bitcoin-doesn-t-make-remittances-cheaper-eb5f437849fe#.uizq282l7
Offers some insight into the costs of remittance.
Again, what you're doing has nothing to do with that.

Seriously?
<snip>

Have you read the link I gave? Or do you prefer to rage first, and read later?
CIYAM (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1078

Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2016, 05:19:36 PM

Rage?

I am not angry - please enlighten me if you think I've got something fundamentally wrong.

Perhaps what you are referring to is the costs of doing things according to how they need to be done legally if you are running a business.

As I was never running a business those things don't apply to me but sure I do understand that Bitcoin is not succeeding as well as it should in the remittance business.

With CIYAM anyone can create 100% generated C++ web applications in literally minutes.

GPG Public Key | 1ciyam3htJit1feGa26p2wQ4aw6KFTejU
CuntChocula

View Profile
January 19, 2016, 05:22:18 PM

^
Have you read the linked article? Yes/No
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4270
Merit: 4534

View Profile
January 19, 2016, 05:22:26 PM

Please read this first: https://medium.com/@Cryptonight/bitcoin-doesn-t-make-remittances-cheaper-eb5f437849fe#.uizq282l7

Seriously?

I have done remittance for several years (from Australia to China) and made a profit out of nearly every tx (due to rising BTC prices).

If you know what you are doing then it should cost very little (or even nothing).

The few times that I used TT to move money it cost me at least 30 AUD per tx (more expensive than every single Bitcoin transfer I had done).

wow .. the other week CIYAM admitted he was lucky that profited due to bitcoin price movements.. now he insinuates that it should be expected every time..
well yea,, lucky once.. when BTC rose.. but thats not an every day event. bitcoin can drop and be stagnant for months too

Okay - I do agree that I was "lucky" at that stage (it wasn't just the one tx but that isn't important). One should not be relying upon luck when moving money around, however, even today if I was wanting to move say 5K AUD to China Bitcoin would most likely be cheaper than a TT (and for huge amounts the savings would be greater).

My point is that I have actually used Bitcoin to do remittance and found it cheaper and faster than the banking methods.

Why you hate on this I don't really get (I am not trying to sell anything to anyone).

yet.. here is the reality for the rest of the world that is not as lucky as ciyam

WU: $5000=23263.52 CNY
BTC: $5000=21115.08 CNY

atleast 9% difference..

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
pawel7777
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1588

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2016, 05:22:44 PM

Seriously?

I have done remittance for several years (from Australia to China) and made a profit out of nearly every tx (due to rising BTC prices).

Serious question. If you're so confident you can do remittance with profit on every tx, then why don't you start remittance service with negative fees? You'll be a hero + filthy rich. What's stopping you? Too busy with other things I guess?

Alternatively, could you show us all how do you do it. Simple simulation of you sending $1000 to someone in India. Where do you exchange fiat/btc, btc/fiat - what are the rates/fees and how long does it take.

▄██▄▄                          ▄████
             ▄█▀   ▀▀▄▄                    ▄█▀▀   ▀█▄
            █▀         ▀▄                ▄█▀        █▄
           █▀   ▄█▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀      ▀▄   █▄
          ▄█   ▄█▀███▄▄                          █   ▀█
          █    ▀   ▀████▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        █   █▄
          █         ▀████████████████████████▄▄▄      ██
         ██        ▄██████████████████████████████▄    ▀█▄
        ▄█▀     ▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████████▄▄   ▀█▄
      ▄█▀     █████████████              ▀▀████████████▄   █▄
    ▄█▀        ▄██████████████▀▀█▄    ▄▄     █  ▀██ ▀███▄   ██
   ███▄▄     ▄███████████▀▀           ▀██▄        ▀  ▀▀     █▀
     █▀     ███████████▀                               ▄▀   ██
    █▀    ▄██████████▀                       ▄▄▄       ▀   ▄█
   █▀    ▄██████████▀           ▄▄      ▀▀████████▄         ▀██▄
  █▀    ▄███████████          ▄██▀   ▀▀█▄   ▀███████▄▄▄██▄▄   ▀██▄
 █▀     ▀▀▀▀▀▀██████         ████      ▀██▄  ▀████████   ▀▀▀    ▀█▄
▄█              ▀▀█           ████  ▄▄█▄▄███▄  ▀██████           ▀█▄
██▄▄▄▄▄                       █████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀████▄           ██
       ▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄                █████▄▄▄            ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▄██
               ▀▀▀▄▄           ▀█████████████████▄▄          ▄▀▀▀
                    ▀▀▄▄         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▀
                        ▀
.BETFURY..
|
         ▄▄▄▄▄████▀▄▄▄
      ▄███▀▀▀█▀▀  ▄████▄
    ▄██     ▀       ▀▀███▄
  ▄██   ▄██▄    ▄█▄   ▀████▄
 ██▀    ████▀▀▀▀▀▀█     ▀███
██▀   ▄███   ███▄▄▄█▄    ▀███
██    ███  ▄█▀▀█▀▀███     ███
██    ███▄▄██ █▄█▄ ███    ██▀
██        ▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀     ██
██▄   ▄  ▄▄▄ ▄▄▄  ▄▄     ▄█▀
 ██▄█▀  █▄▄█ █▄  █ ▄▄   ▄██
  ███   █▄▄█ █   █▄▄█  ▄█▀
   ████▄             ▄██▀
    ▀█▀█▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
       ▀▀▀████▀▀▀▀
WIN REAL CRYPTO IN THE REAL DROP
JOIN $20,000,000 CRYPTODROP
|Join Fury Game
Get Free Crypto
BFG, USDT, BTC, ETH
|▄████████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
████▀▀▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀████
████▄ ▀█▄ ▀██████▀  ▄█████
██████▄ ▀█▄ ▀██▀  ▄███████
████████▄ ▀█▄   ▄█████████
██████████▄ ██ ▀██████████
█████████▀   ▀█▄ ▀████████
███████▀  ▄██▄ ▀█▄ ▀██████
█████▀  ▄██████▄ ▀█▄ ▀████
████▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄▄▄████
 ████████████████████████
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
...PLAY...
CIYAM (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2016, 05:25:07 PM

Serious question. If you're so confident you can do remittance with profit on every tx, then why don't you start remittance service with negative fees? You'll be a hero + filthy rich. What's stopping you? Too busy with other things I guess?

I don't claim to have any magic thing to make a profit out of every trade (I only did such trades when the price was rising - when it was falling I didn't move any money).

Is it that hard to understand?

If I was interested in trying to convince people to send me money for some kind of business I think you'd expect me to have started some sort of stupid "ad sig" campaign wouldn't you?

With CIYAM anyone can create 100% generated C++ web applications in literally minutes.

CIYAM (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2016, 05:27:50 PM

Such posts just show what the average people on this forum are about.

"Getting rich quick!"

They don't actually care about Bitcoin and they don't care about other people.

It is rather disappointing but not really surprising.

So - for those who are keen to "get rich quick" - don't listen to me - because I will make sure you never do!

Cheesy

CuntChocula

View Profile
January 19, 2016, 05:30:02 PM

I don't claim to have any magic thing to make a profit out of every trade (I only did such trades when the price was rising - when it was falling I didn't move any money).<>

In other words, "I was walking to the bodega one day, and found a $20 on the sidewalk. I bought a pack of Camels & got change back. From this I conclude that cigarettes are free, and those who claim otherwise ain't doing it right."
watashi-kokoto

Activity: 682
Merit: 269

View Profile
January 19, 2016, 05:31:22 PM

This is pretty much exactly the point that I have been trying to make (thanks for elucidating it better than I did).

To me it is clear that this "pressure" to "fix block size now" is being applied simply in order to take control over the project and is not going to be of any benefit to anyone other than some large corporations who are wanting to profit by taking control of Bitcoin.

Let me warn you my friend. There are large teams of posters on the project: Their goal is simple. Spread fear and convince everybody that hard fork of Bitcoin is needed. I know this because I know where their office is located.

Answering to them is a waste of time.

I hope you now understand dear friend what I am trying to say.

Good luck.
franky1
Legendary

View Profile
January 19, 2016, 05:31:40 PM

ok with respect and courtesy. without you meandering off topic to beg for people for code or talk about remittance..

why do you call bitcoin classic and other implementations that can happily work along side bitcoin-core and still function as full nodes... a "take over"

why insinuate that the only way bitcoin will continue is if only blockstream employee's and volunteers are in charge of 100% of all code related to bitcoin.

why dismiss anyone who does not want to sheep follow just one church.
why dismiss anyone who actually wants choice and freedom of choice.

Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
CIYAM (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2016, 05:31:47 PM

In other words, "I was walking to the bodega one day, and found a $20 on the sidewalk. I bought a pack of Camels & got change back. From this I conclude that cigarettes are free, and those who claim otherwise ain't doing it right."

Seriously?

If you want to actually talk about remittance then maybe start with some actual figures rather than just attacking me.

CIYAM (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2016, 05:33:38 PM

Why lie that you have implemented Bitcoin in another language and go as far as to try and deceive with images (that wouldn't convince anyone more than an idiot)?

How about you actually show us your source code or admit that you just "made that up"?

To be fair I won't ask you to reveal all of your source code - so just show me the source code that signs a raw tx.

franky1
Legendary

View Profile
January 19, 2016, 05:35:10 PM

Why lie that you have implemented Bitcoin in another language and go as far as to try and deceive with images (that wouldn't convince anyone more than an idiot)?

How about you actually show us your source code or admit that you just "made that up"?

To be fair I won't ask you to reveal all of your source code - so just show me the source code that signs a raw tx.

ok with respect and courtesy. without you meandering off topic to beg for people for code or talk about remittance..

why do you call bitcoin classic and other implementations that can happily work along side bitcoin-core and still function as full nodes... a "take over"

why insinuate that the only way bitcoin will continue is if only blockstream employee's and volunteers are in charge of 100% of all code related to bitcoin.

CIYAM (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2016, 05:36:45 PM

So to be clear - @franky1 has attempted to deceive everyone here that he can program and that he has a working version of Bitcoin written in some other language and I have shown that he doesn't.

I think that pretty much destroys his credibility when it comes to anything now (oops - you fucked up - didn't you).

Please feel free to link to this discussion for anything further that @franky1 posts.

Smiley

CuntChocula

View Profile
January 19, 2016, 05:40:14 PM

Seriously?

If you want to actually talk about remittance then maybe start with some actual figures rather than just attacking me.
Yes, seriously.
I gave a link to the article outlining the costs involved.
<>

I have asked you if you read it.
Here:
...and again here:
^
Have you read the linked article? Yes/No

Still waiting for an answer Sad

CIYAM (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2016, 05:42:55 PM

Still waiting for an answer Sad

I gave you an answer (read back a few posts).

Do I have to answer you multiple times?

I do not do remittance as a business so I am not commenting about whether or not it would be wise or profitable to do remittance with BTC as a business.

Again when I used BTC to transfer funds from Australia to China I profited from it.

That is not a lie but simply a statement of fact (it would not always be profitable to do so and I have never stated it would be).

CuntChocula

View Profile
January 19, 2016, 05:44:53 PM

<>
I think that pretty much destroys his credibility when it comes to anything now (oops - you fucked up - didn't you).

Please feel free to link to this discussion for anything further that @franky1 posts.

Smiley

As credibility goes, should I find the time you claimed your wife holding the forum funds hostage? Cheesy

>I gave you an answer (read back a few posts).

What was it? Did you read the article or not? You're asking for costs breakdown, so I can only assume "no."
CIYAM (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2016, 05:46:18 PM

As credibility goes, should I find the time you claimed your wife holding the forum funds hostage? Cheesy

Seems your forum name is aptly picked - doesn't it?

I am not attacking @franky1 over anything other than the source code he claimed to have but failed to show (because it doesn't exist).

CuntChocula

View Profile
January 19, 2016, 05:48:19 PM

Seems your forum name is aptly picked - doesn't it?

http://s13.postimg.org/6atcg41mf/Capture.png

Folks in glass houses should be extra careful. Meant to type "CountChocula," typoed, hence the name.
CIYAM (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2016, 05:49:07 PM

Folks in glass houses should be extra careful. Meant to type "CountChocula," typoed, hence the name.

Well - maybe stop throwing stones then Cunt (oops - I meant Count of course).

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: