Bitcoin Forum
May 18, 2024, 01:12:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: You guys gonna become paranoid about Ripple  (Read 18580 times)
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 09:43:27 PM

Understanding Bitcoin compared to this is a total doss. I've read plenty about Ripple and still don't have much of a clue.

Perhaps in the future people will use it without knowing but it's of zero interest to me and it would give the average person a stroke if they attempted to master it. May whoever does throw some money at it profit nicely.
railzand

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

Lux e tenebris

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 09:47:47 PM

tl;dr how do I mine nipples and is it worth it?

ElectricMucus (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2014, 09:56:19 PM

Hopefully you will only ever have two nipples! The wcg giveaway can be discussed  here
HairyMaclairy
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 2174

Degenerate bull hatter & Bitcoin monotheist

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 10:02:05 PM

What is with the Ripple fanboys and their relentless need to post about Ripple all over the bitcoin forums.  It's almost like they are trying to pump up the value of XRP. 

I remember this rhetoric before Litecoin became big, and those who used it are now too butthurt to even post on the forums....

I'm willing to gamble that any system that allows people's money to be taken away without their consent or knowledge will never become big. 
railzand

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

Lux e tenebris

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 10:11:14 PM

Hopefully you will only ever have two nipples! The wcg giveaway can be discussed  here

You could've just said 'you can't' and 'no' instead of sending me off to some forum full of people moaning about how shit their returns are

ElectricMucus (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2014, 11:29:20 PM

What is with the Ripple fanboys and their relentless need to post about Ripple all over the bitcoin forums.  It's almost like they are trying to pump up the value of XRP.  

I remember this rhetoric before Litecoin became big, and those who used it are now too butthurt to even post on the forums....

I'm willing to gamble that any system that allows people's money to be taken away without their consent or knowledge will never become big.  

Gladly that's not ripple.

You could've just said 'you can't' and 'no' instead of sending me off to some forum full of people moaning about how shit their returns are

once you are finished gloating get ready for the inevitable collapse of hubris
ElectricMucus (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2014, 11:35:29 PM

Understanding Bitcoin compared to this is a total doss. I've read plenty about Ripple and still don't have much of a clue.

Perhaps in the future people will use it without knowing but it's of zero interest to me and it would give the average person a stroke if they attempted to master it. May whoever does throw some money at it profit nicely.

It's not that complicated rally if you already understand how Bitcoin works. Some of the biggest ripple boons are Bitcoiners, at least the ones not into making a cult out of it.
afbitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1061

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2014, 11:42:58 PM

Why does ripple keep popping up here? is there not a ripple forum somewhere else on the internet? This is bitcoins. I've listened to the ripple arguments why its so good and I'm not interested.
ElectricMucus (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2014, 11:49:33 PM

Why does ripple keep popping up here? is there not a ripple forum somewhere else on the internet? This is bitcoins. I've listened to the ripple arguments why its so good and I'm not interested.

IDK, this is kind of the point of this thread, although it gets derailed constantly.
I don't mind, since that strengthens my point.
cAPSLOCK
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 5127

Whimsical Pants

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 11:56:26 PM

IDK, this is kind of the point of this thread, although it gets derailed constantly.
I don't mind, since that strengthens my point.

Not interested != Paranoid.
afbitcoins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2014, 12:05:32 AM

This is a bitcoins speculation forum. What the f*ck has ripples got to do with anything. Thats not paranoia it boredom if anything. I'd rather talk about other alt coins if I must divert from bitcoins. Peercoins are interesting
ElectricMucus (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2014, 12:19:03 AM

This is a bitcoins speculation forum. What the f*ck has ripples got to do with anything. Thats not paranoia it boredom if anything. I'd rather talk about other alt coins if I must divert from bitcoins. Peercoins are interesting

You're showing by far not the typical response, if all there would be to it I wouldn't have seen any reason to create this thread in the first place.
afbitcoins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2014, 12:27:50 AM

Do you know how many times i've heard ripples mentioned in mainstream media? zero.

Its just not interesting
ElectricMucus (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2014, 12:29:29 AM

me neither, but then why are you still posting? Cheesy
BittBurger

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 07:10:20 PM

Do you know how many times i've heard ripples mentioned in mainstream media? zero.

Its just not interesting

Believe me.  Its interesting.  Its just too difficult to grasp.  You think Bitcoin is hard?  Try getting a grip on Ripple.  Or rather .... try getting grandma to get a grip on Ripple.  If I am understanding it correctly, whereas Bitcoin can send bitcoin anywhere in the world, instantly, free of charge .... Ripple can send *any currency* anywhere in the world, free of charge - and convert from any currency to any other currency in the process, free of charge (or for the cost of an XRP, which is 2 cents right now).  Ripple can also do conversions between Bitcoin and all alt coins.  So one might say that Ripple is Bitcoin on a mega dose of steroids.  But grasping and using the system is currently too difficult for the average person. 

And I believe Ripple markets itself as ultimately being the invisible backbone to the banking system.   I don't believe its intended to be B2C but B2B and as such, you aren't going to see "Joes coffee shop now accepting Ripple".  The question is whether the Ripple people are going to pour the millions of dollars necessary into (1) simplifying the system and (2) selling it to the world economy.   Because believe me, what it does, is new, interesting, and extremely needed.

Owner: "The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
View it on the Blockchain | Genesis Block Newspaper Copies
nicolaennio

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 08:27:50 PM

http://ripplescam.org/

▶▶ UR TOKEN ◀◀
═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══
ⓄⓄ UNIVERSAL RECOGNITION TOKEN  ⓄⓄ

【 The first blockchain-based corporate rewards marketplace 】
══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━══
Ibian
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 12:11:29 AM

Its just not interesting

Believe me.  Its interesting.  Its just too difficult to grasp.  You think Bitcoin is hard?  Try getting a grip on Ripple.  Or rather .... try getting grandma to get a grip on Ripple.  If I am understanding it correctly, whereas Bitcoin can send bitcoin anywhere in the world, instantly, free of charge .... Ripple can send *any currency* anywhere in the world, free of charge - and convert from any currency to any other currency in the process, free of charge (or for the cost of an XRP, which is 2 cents right now).  Ripple can also do conversions between Bitcoin and all alt coins.  So one might say that Ripple is Bitcoin on a mega dose of steroids.  But grasping and using the system is currently too difficult for the average person. 

And I believe Ripple markets itself as ultimately being the invisible backbone to the banking system.   I don't believe its intended to be B2C but B2B and as such, you aren't going to see "Joes coffee shop now accepting Ripple".  The question is whether the Ripple people are going to pour the millions of dollars necessary into (1) simplifying the system and (2) selling it to the world economy.   Because believe me, what it does, is new, interesting, and extremely needed.
And yet you explain nothing of how it works.

Look inside yourself, and you will see that you are the bubble.
bitcoinBull
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1001

rippleFanatic

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 01:40:29 AM

TradeFortress's lies. And quite ironic, considering that he should know a thing or two about centralized vs decentralized, due to his first-hand experience losing/stealing 4,000+ BTC from users of his inputs.io wallet service.

Its just not interesting

And yet you explain nothing of how it works.

It has bid/ask offers and trade matching built into the protocol - so its "decentralized exchange". Instead of a new "block" every few minutes, there's a new "ledger" every few seconds. So whereas blocks in a blockchain only keep track of how much coin is at each address, the ripple ledger also keeps track of bid/ask trade offers.

Now, in order to trade on ripple, you still have to trust an "issuer" aka gateway. But that's no different than any other way you can currently trade bitcoins - by depositing bitcoin at an exchange, you implicitly trust that exchange (the exchange could disappear overnight and steal your deposited funds).

There's another thread where people are trying out ripple - someone created one quadrillion FUNcoins and is giving them out, just for learning purposes:
Start using Ripple, learn with no risk. The FunCoin Gateway

College of Bucking Bulls Knowledge
voyagr

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 08:55:02 AM

Another reason to become paranoid about Ripple Smiley: it debuted on “TV’s No. 1 New Show” – NBC’s The Blacklist.

Here is the video, Ripple is visible @1:23 and 1:30
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x19n27t_blacklist-mentions-ripple-and-bitcoin_lifestyle

And this is how it looks like:

https://ripple.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/Screen-Shot-2014-01-14-at-10.23.25-AM1.png
CooterCoin

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2014, 02:01:47 PM

I believe Ripple has some big boys behind it and more....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKIJ9ekfAZY

Watch and see.... Wink

CooterCoin
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: