Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 07:08:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 199 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [VAL] Validity - Decentralized Identities, Custom Assets, Elections, and More!  (Read 579105 times)
igatcha

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 20, 2016, 02:28:00 AM

My sync is taking literally forever. Like a 1000 blocks every 24 hours... Any ideas  Huh
23 active connections and I have a fast ISP. My computer is a fairly slow laptop, bottleneck?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
idolacchacked

Activity: 598
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 20, 2016, 02:30:40 AM
Last edit: January 20, 2016, 03:11:54 AM by idolacchacked

My sync is taking literally forever. Like a 1000 blocks every 24 hours... Any ideas?  Huh

bootstrap link is on op
tm2013

Activity: 644

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2016, 03:17:26 AM

My sync is taking literally forever. Like a 1000 blocks every 24 hours... Any ideas  Huh
23 active connections and I have a fast ISP. My computer is a fairly slow laptop, bottleneck?
Use the bootstrap link in the OP, and yes, the speed of your laptop is most likely a bottleneck. I recommend  restarting your laptop, then trying again with the bootstrap.

Radium.Bringing Advanced Utility to the Blockchain with the Radium SmartChain!
Website | BTCT Thread
idolacchacked

View Profile
January 20, 2016, 07:42:00 AM

pos block is now 4.5 coin Smiley
ryanb
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 20, 2016, 12:05:36 PM

is there a recommended block size to stake?

https://bitcoinfundingteam.com/ref/SatoshiTeam
turn 0.1 BTC to 80BTC week after week!!!
tm2013

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2016, 12:26:21 PM

is there a recommended block size to stake?
The coins split automatically. Splitting won't yield any more or any less coins.

Website | BTCT Thread
igatcha

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 20, 2016, 12:43:03 PM

Use the bootstrap link in the OP, and yes, the speed of your laptop is most likely a bottleneck. I recommend  restarting your laptop, then trying again with the bootstrap.
Yep that does the trick. Perhaps its time for the crypto-community to start contemplating whether or not we should standardize this method. Shouldn't be impossible automate this process in the install. Good thing also that the PoS coins have a much smaller blockchain size. For example:
Peercoin 0.51GB, launched 2012 - Dogecoin 15GB launched 2014. Thats some serious technological advantage.
tm2013

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2016, 02:11:31 PM

Use the bootstrap link in the OP, and yes, the speed of your laptop is most likely a bottleneck. I recommend  restarting your laptop, then trying again with the bootstrap.
Yep that does the trick. Perhaps its time for the crypto-community to start contemplating whether or not we should standardize this method. Shouldn't be impossible automate this process in the install. Good thing also that the PoS coins have a much smaller blockchain size. For example:
Peercoin 0.51GB, launched 2012 - Dogecoin 15GB launched 2014. Thats some serious technological advantage.
This should be commonplace, and it should not be incredibly hard to automate. The only issue comes when centralization interferes with the blockchain. At what point does it simply become a distributed database? As to your point about the difference in bloat between PoW and PoS chains: PoS chains do offer limited advantage, but I think the main factor attributing to the larger chain of Doge is the much greater number of blocks and transaction volume.

Website | BTCT Thread
BanzaiBTC
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002

Chipcoin Developer

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2016, 07:06:23 PM

I had some issues with the resync in the end, but it all worked out over night. I need a fresh sync instead of a bootstrap for the explorer.

Transaction and richlist database is still indexing though.

http://chain.blockpioneers.info/radium/

ozboy2014

Activity: 658

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 04:21:59 AM

what's the Staking payout now?
JJ12880

Activity: 671
Merit: 501

Blockchain and stuff

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 04:32:40 AM

Currently 4.5 Radium/Block. Decreasing by .5 per day until the target of 1 Radium/Block

Radium  Bringing Advanced Utility to the Blockchain!
BTC Thread | Telegram
ozboy2014

Activity: 658

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 05:38:06 AM

Currently 4.5 Radium/Block. Decreasing by .5 per day until the target of 1 Radium/Block

Oh ok.. thanks
layer1gfx
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1109

Graphic Design & Translation - BTC accepted here!

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2016, 05:58:44 AM

thanks for the bootstrap.dat update, now syncing 33 weeks...
idolacchacked

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 08:46:27 AM

we are now at 4 coins stage Smiley
KJMZNine

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 09:55:47 AM

{
"blocks" : 192,
"currentblocksize" : 0,
"currentblocktx" : 0,
"difficulty" : {
"proof-of-work" : 266.33054466,
"proof-of-stake" : 0.00024414,
"search-interval" : 0
},
"blockvalue" : 5000000000,
"netmhashps" : 7728.92553552,
"netstakeweight" : 0.00000000,
"errors" : "",
"pooledtx" : 0,
"stakeweight" : {
"minimum" : 0,
"maximum" : 0,
"combined" : 0
},
"stakeinterest" : 0,
"testnet" : false
}
leigh2k14
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 04:56:14 PM

I see we are on coinmarketcap: http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/xradon/

But it doesn't display the coin supply or market cap.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄▄                   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄      ▄▄▄
████████████▄       ███                ▄███████████▄            ▄██████████      ███     ███▀
███     ▀▀███▌      ███               ████▀     ▀████         ▄███▀▀     ▀▀      ███    ███▀
███       ███▌      ███              ███▀         ▀███       ▄███                ███   ███
███     ▄███▀       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███  ███
██████████▀         ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███ ███
███▀▀▀▀▀████▄       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███  ███     ███           ███
███      ▀███▌      ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███   ███     ███         ███
███       ███▌      ███              ███▄         ▄███        ███                ███    ███     ███       ███
███     ▄▄███▌      ███               ████▄     ▄████         ▀███▄▄     ▄▄      ███     ███▄    ███▄   ▄███
████████████▀       ███████████        ▀███████████▀            ▀██████████      ███      ███▄    ███▄ ▄███
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀          ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                  ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀       ▀▀▀     ███▄███
                                                                                                    ▀███▀
                                                                                                     ▀█▀

Token Sale Starts on [ 12 October ]
[ PRESALE IS OPEN ] ●●●

tm2013

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2016, 08:06:48 PM

{
"blocks" : 192,
"currentblocksize" : 0,
"currentblocktx" : 0,
"difficulty" : {
"proof-of-work" : 266.33054466,
"proof-of-stake" : 0.00024414,
"search-interval" : 0
},
"blockvalue" : 5000000000,
"netmhashps" : 7728.92553552,
"netstakeweight" : 0.00000000,
"errors" : "",
"pooledtx" : 0,
"stakeweight" : {
"minimum" : 0,
"maximum" : 0,
"combined" : 0
},
"stakeinterest" : 0,
"testnet" : false
}

Is that the printout of getinfo while the wallet is syncing? That is not the correct data for the current network.

I see we are on coinmarketcap: http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/xradon/

But it doesn't display the coin supply or market cap.

I am working to resolve that now.

Website | BTCT Thread
butragenjo

Activity: 616

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 08:21:11 PM

Hoho,very nice price for radium in c-cex,I buy some  Wink Good luck for all  radium members:)
idolacchacked

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 08:24:33 PM

[ANN] RADON SmartChain 100% Decentralized Username-Address Linkage
January 11, 2016, 02:27:33 AM
Reply with quote  #1

Website | Slack | @ProjectRadon | @JJ12880
| Radium Coin Thread |

⚯ Radon Asset ⚯ Aliases ⚯ Proof-Of-Existence ⚯ Proof of Network Contribution ⚯ Anti-Bloat ⚯
⚯ 100% Decentralized ⚯
What it is
The Radium SmartChain is both a software client and a data-layer that combines several new protocols into a framework for the development of advanced blockchain functions. The software client has been designed with the average user in mind, and includes a full Graphical User Interface with automated setup and sync. The data-layer supports the new 'Proof of Network Contribution' protocol, a custom implementation of 'Smart Transactions', and the 'Radon' asset that is generated through 'Radium Decay'. The software client interacts with the SmartChain data-layer via a standard RPC connection to the existing Radium wallet. The first beta was released in the Slack channel on January 6th. Phase 1 download link provided below.

What it isn't
The Radium SmartChain is NOT reliant on servers, or any other kind of centralization. It is NOT a commercial product, it is NOT a PnD scam, and it is most certainly NOT a clone. Using the SmartChain does not require any fancy setup, command line skill, nor any specific programming knowledge. This project is NOT a commercial endeavor and it is NOT affiliated with any company or investors beyond those who hold Radium coins. I do NOT promise to make you rich, I do NOT promise that the software is perfect, nor do I promise that you will find it useful.

Project Background
The Radium SmartChain began almost a year ago as an experiment with blockchains and data encoding known as xRadon. It originally served only to satisfy my own curiosity, but over the summer and fall of 2015, it has matured into a working and fully functional set of decentralized block chain based tools. I will continue to develop it and provide support as my time and interest allows. I am always interested in feedback, and suggestions for additional functions, GUI improvements, etc etc.

Smart Transactions
Smart Transactions are blockchain transactions that contains specially encoded data that becomes immortalized in the blockchain.  Each Smart-transaction sends a very small amount of Radium to specially generated data addresses which contain hexadecimal data. There are no known private keys to the data addresses, so the dust Radium used in the transaction is effectively burned. The data can then be read by anyone running the SmartChain client.

Proof of Network Contribution
Proof of Network Contribution is a new protocol where a user is rewarded with an asset for sending high-fee asset generation transactions. In the case of the Radium "Radon" asset, the standard transaction fee is 1 Radium per generation transaction. The transactions are structured in such a way that that they use one input, and generate one output to reduce blockchain bloat. In most cases, the asset that is generated is awarded to the sending address. Transactions with other structures are ignored and are not recognized as a Proof of Network Contribution transaction. The fees are recovered by the those staking Radium coins, and are designed to supplement the block reward.
Radium Decay
Radium decay is the process of generating Radon through Proof of Network Contribution. Radium decay is rate limited, meaning each user can only generate Radon at a set range of speeds. The slowest speed of Radon generation is 3 Radon per hour, at a cost of 1 Radium per Radon. The fastest rate of Radon generation is 30 Radon per hour, at a cost of 2.8 Radium per Radon. The Radium that is contributed to the network becomes incorporated in the next block's stake reward.

Radon Asset
Radon is a blockchain asset that is required to utilize the SmartChain. Different functions on the SmartChain require the burning of Radon, the amount determined by the impact each corresponding smart-transaction will have on the blockchain. Requiring Radon for SmartChain operations prevents blockchain bloat and spam by requiring an investment in both time and Radium coins. When Radon is spent to perform a function on the SmartChain, it is burned and disappears forever. Unlike most other coins and assets, there is no cap on the amount of Radon that can be generated. Every user can generate as much Radon as they wish, so long as they have the Radium required to do so (see Radium Decay). The base code allows Radon to be divisible, however the current protocol layer does not support sending Radon in values other than whole numbers. This will be updated in the near future so Radon will function as a fully divisible asset.
Updates and Releases
I plan to release new versions of the client in phases, with each phase incorporating new or expanded functions. There is no firm release schedule, primarily because I do not want to provide false expectations. I am working on this project due to curiosity and passion for coding, however my family and livelihood must always come first. I can provide no promises or guarantees about future updates or features, but I will get them out once I am conformable that they have been fully tested and are stable.

Fees
Each smart transaction includes a .1 Radium fee to help support future development. This also adds an element of uniqueness to the SmartChain transactions to speed up the syncing process.

⚯ Phase 1 Functions ⚯
(current)
Username - Address linking
User accounts are created when an Radium address is paired with a Radon username and an optional memo line, and the pairing is recorded in the blockchain. Usernames and memos can consist of any combination of English upper and lower case letters and numbers. Once a username is recorded in the blockchain, the username can be used in the SmartChain client instead of the difficult to remember address.
Identity Verification
Users can request that their accounts be verified by a third party who holds a verification key. Currently, only JJ12880 holds a verification key, however keys will be issued to senior community members as the system expands. Verification is designed to provide confidence in user accounts, and prevent scamming from accounts with misleading usernames. In order to become verified, a user must prove their identity through an outside medium, such as through Slack or Bitcointalk.
Radon Asset Transfer
Once Radon is generated, it can be sent to users or addresses just like regular coins. Authority to transfer or spend Radon lies with the private key of the address which generated or received the Radon.

⚯ Phase 2 Functions: ⚯
(updated 1/14/16)
Proof of Existence
Text Notes. Users who have created user accounts will be able to record text notes in the blockchain to serve as proof of existence. All notes recorded in the blockchain will be available to anyone who wishes to read or verify them. (Complete)
File Hashes. In client hashing of a file, and recording hash in blockchain with title/memo. (Complete)
File Verification. In client file verification, that hashes the document, and reports if it has been previously recorded, and if so by who and when. (Complete)
Abuse Prevention. In order to deter abuse of Proof-Of-Existence, Radon must be burned to complete the transaction. Larger text notes become cost prohibitive due to the high cost in Radon. To further reduce bloat, a new custom text encoding algorithm is used, reliant on the assumption that the majority of the letters in the document are lowercase English letters and numbers. This algorithm uses base-32 binary encoding to achieve up to 30% reduction in data size, over standard ASCII. This algorithm may be revisited for further refinement in the future. (complete)
Blockchain announcements for leisure/major/critical updates (Progress 40%)
Send coins to username(Progress 80%)
Mostly a GUI based feature, I just have not yet had the time to implement it. A user selects a recipients username, and the client automatically handles receiver address lookup and transaction transmission.

⚯ Functions Under Development: ⚯
Adding or removing multiple secondary addresses to an account.
Marking an address compromised in event of a hack.
Deleting user accounts and releasing the username.
Designated payment addresses for merchant accounts.

⚯ LINKS⚯

RADON SmartChain Phase 1.1 Client Download Link - Google Docs https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByvEPJa3lRq8R1NVemtENWdMVkE/view?usp=sharing
RADON SmartChain Phase 1.1 Client Download Link - Mega.nz https://mega.nz/#!rccRATyA!nlWMRDkdBL20aA5Rm-dIJzyFHGgBpe4btFhUwlVJbgE

RADON SmartChain Project Wiki https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/XRADON_Supernet

Coin Windows  Wallet https://mega.nz/#!nshQUbCC!fnXk210dqkQs-KzNpRpMjHhZd88wzWQW3dYIgQY8f1s
Coin MAC wallet https://mega.nz/#!ktRAABaD!Vo381H7nHsZCOAM_s7kal3sWJANj9ZKlocM2aZm0LuE
Coin github https://github.com/tm2013/xRadon
Coin Block Explorer http://chain.blockpioneers.info/xradon/

Coin BCT Thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1063875.0
Slack Signup Link https://projectradon-slack.herokuapp.com/

CCEX Exchange https://c-cex.com/?p=rads-btc
YoBit Exchange https://yobit.net/en/trade/RAD/BTC

from https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1322856.0
idolacchacked

View Profile
January 22, 2016, 02:23:41 AM

ANN updated with new look!

Also, just finished testing the new multi-threaded sync engine for the SmartChain. It wasn't on the To-Do list for Phase 2, but it became necessary.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 199 »
  Print  

Jump to: