Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 03:55:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can I start mining with just one Gpu?  (Read 1563 times)
stomachgrowls

Activity: 2856
Merit: 769

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 03:01:07 AM

I randomly bought a RX 470 4gb for gaming last year, and recently found out its been heavily used for mining.
I took an interest in altcoin trading and just all around learning about BTC/Cryptocurrencies a while back but never got into mining.
Was wondering if I can setup to start mining (even if for low profit) with just my normal PC/GPU and slowly work my way into more GPU's.
I might even be able to straight up buy another one with money I had saving for a better gaming pc anyways.
Its better to use that GPU solely on gaming because if you decide to mine using that then expect you wont able to run your gaming pc because it will surely hang up when you use it unless if you have a spare gpu and also its possible to start on just gpu but it would be a waste of time because the amount to gain isnt really worth on your gpu cost and together with electricity cost.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
viniciusxis (OP)

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 07:59:36 PM

At this point I just really wanna know if there's any way to improve my MH/s. I'm getting like 21.5~22.
Noone explained to me what that "bios thing" is, and if I need to overclock my gpu.
toptek
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 08:10:38 PM
Last edit: July 07, 2017, 10:17:40 PM by toptek

I randomly bought a RX 470 4gb for gaming last year, and recently found out its been heavily used for mining.
I took an interest in altcoin trading and just all around learning about BTC/Cryptocurrencies a while back but never got into mining.
Was wondering if I can setup to start mining (even if for low profit) with just my normal PC/GPU and slowly work my way into more GPU's.
I might even be able to straight up buy another one with money I had saving for a better gaming pc anyways.
Its better to use that GPU solely on gaming because if you decide to mine using that then expect you wont able to run your gaming pc because it will surely hang up when you use it unless if you have a spare gpu and also its possible to start on just gpu but it would be a waste of time because the amount to gain isnt really worth on your gpu cost and together with electricity cost.

one of my PC  is used both for mining and playing wow, no hang ups  ... i think I had some at first but i also don't mine and game at the same time.

I forget what i did to stop it,  I don't any more and use a Modded bios... that card is a RX 480 4gb ... i have total of 10 cards between four rigs now , working on getting a 1080 ti, i hope in a month I'll enough saved  for one ...

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
toptek
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 08:13:33 PM
Last edit: July 08, 2017, 12:19:56 AM by toptek

At this point I just really wanna know if there's any way to improve my MH/s. I'm getting like 21.5~22.
Noone explained to me what that "bios thing" is, and if I need to overclock my gpu.

yea there is but you have to re flash the card with modded bios that card can hit 27 MH or higher with a tweaked/modded bios....

This gives just about all you need to know about flashing AMD cards with software links and any needed links.

https://anorak.tech/t/how-to-flash-a-amd-graphic-card-vbios/15

once you find out what card that is then go here https://anorak.tech/c/downloads

you may need to start a account . once you know your card, you want the bios that matches your card with memshift in the bios name,  you can see what your cards memory is by using this https://www.techpowerup.com/download/techpowerup-gpu-z/ then flash it and patch the AMD driver with this https://www.monitortests.com/forum/Thread-AMD-ATI-Pixel-Clock-Patcher that's all you need after you install the driver, then your set . other thing unless it's set in the bios you have to set the memory clocked like 1900 MNZ and lower the core clock to 1100 to 1180 that should hit like 27 Mh for ETH mining .. with http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/msi-afterburner-beta-download.html .....  or what ever OC software you like to use .

last thought you can mine any alt coin GPU's can mine with any of those bios but will have to use after burner or some kind of over clock software and if you set up the bios just for eth Mining that coin might be all that card can do at a good speed ,I flashed mine with new memory settings and messed with some of the power setting but left the clocks alone in the bios, so i can use it with any coin, then overclock for ETH and ZEC as needed ,that way works fine for me ...

My AMD cards run at 27 to 29 MH depends which card and how much memory each card has for ETH and for ZEC they may hit 315 KH/Sol or a little lower for ZEC /Zcash mining . when you OC you have to find out the limits of that card the rest is fun ....

PS :< forgot i also use this software  it is really nice ... http://www.awesomeminer.com/ even the free version but after you use it while you will more then likely want more of the stuff unlocked ..but have to pay but it was worth it to me and so far that's a one time charge you get a lot and lots updates to keep it going with new stuff added for your unlock level at no charge, so far ....

Oyea I'm also mining ZENCASH but gonna try and hold on to them for a while, Ive made like 20 bucks mining them for over a week and a half ,with my little ten card farm sense, i can't find any more rx 400 or 500 at a good price why  not save for a 1080 ti that cost a little more then some of the RX 570 on sell now .

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
yerfei

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 01:23:02 PM

Sure you can try Winminer
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2004875.0
yerfei

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 01:41:43 PM

2.25$ is a good start now. But if you mine using nicehash with this rate, it may take you about two weeks to get paid  Wink You should try to mine ETH directly. Grin

You can try Winminer
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2004875.0
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: