Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 08:08:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Things not against forum rules but frowned upon by community! (Beta!)  (Read 2233 times)
Decoded
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1029

give me your cryptos

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 11:38:16 AM

Sorry, im not on DT so I can't test it out.

You potentially could give a positive rating to everyone you successfully trade with. You just have to remember to put their name (starting with a tildi) in your trust box. This excludes from your trust list, therefore not adding then to DT.

looking for a signature campaign, dm me for that
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1499

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2016, 11:48:37 AM

You potentially could give a positive rating to everyone you successfully trade with. You just have to remember to put their name (starting with a tildi) in your trust box. This excludes from your trust list, therefore not adding then to DT.

Giving someone a positive rating does not add them to the trust list.

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
Decoded
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1029

give me your cryptos

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 12:02:49 PM

So you can +trust them without a moment's hesitation, right? Why is it frowned upon? Is it because your +rep can still affect other people's decisions to trade with the guy, who might in fact be a scammer, or am I missing something?

looking for a signature campaign, dm me for that
minifrij
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1267

In Memory of Zepher

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2016, 12:18:04 PM

So you can +trust them without a moment's hesitation, right? Why is it frowned upon? Is it because your +rep can still affect other people's decisions to trade with the guy, who might in fact be a scammer, or am I missing something?
Someone with 100 trust score will look trustworthy to send large amounts to, right? However, if all of the trust comes from trades worth 0.01BTC or less, they could get that trust for 0.1BTC and run off with any larger amounts they are sent.
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1499

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2016, 12:24:04 PM

So you can +trust them without a moment's hesitation, right?

Yes.

Why is it frowned upon? Is it because your +rep can still affect other people's decisions to trade with the guy, who might in fact be a scammer, or am I missing something?

I think DT members are more sparse with giving out positive ratings, because they directly influence the fancy numbers everyone loses their shit about. Giving someone a green paintjob for a 5000 satoshi deal might look like Im selling trust.

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
twister (OP)

Activity: 672
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2016, 01:42:14 PM

1. Be civil. Insulting other members because of personal differences, race, gender or for any other reason is considered ill-mannered.

That is just dumb and doesn't really make any sense at all.
Be civil ?
What YOU may consider civil others may not.. it is a bit subjective and depends on the situation etc.
When it's not subjective it would fall under "personal" Insults, fighting trolling, flaming etc (ACTUAL RULES)
Some of these need to be thought out better.
You're right, for someone it might be okay to swear, call someone by their race (ni####)(muslim $#$%) but for others it might not and even if you disagree with someone and you're making an argument it doesn't justifies to use these terms in a civil society. That is all I meant by "be civil" and abusing or using degrading words is considered ill mannered to everyone, not just me.

Now you disagreed with me on this point and you expressed your opinion in a nice manner, but it could also have been like, "listen ass brain, "be civil" this rule doesn't makes and fucking sense you MORON" Cheesy, now this wouldn't have looked too good, would it? And if many people started doing this then it would become a problem. I personally don't have any problems people swearing or calling each other names, but I just think this being THE bitcoin forum, visited by the people from all over the world would not look professional if this becomes a norm.

Anyways..

And how about Noob accounts showing up with 4 posts lipping off veteran crypto guys
and dishing out trade advice ?
Seen any new accounts here posting retarded "buy ethereum" comments lately ?
it's and i quote.. "being used by Microsoft & IBM" so.. buy buy buy it will go to $100 a coin later  Roll Eyes

This I do consider to be wrong, there's another thread on this subject "Paid to Post: is it acceptable?" is the title of it and I was thinking of adding about it in the OP but I am lost as to what should it be? There's no way to know whether someone saying something about a coin or a service is actually giving their opinion or being paid to post someone else's opinion.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████