Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 01:48:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Make your old bitcoin hardware profitable again  (Read 765 times)
quinsolfa (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 19, 2016, 04:59:18 PM

I have ~200KW available in my new 144 S7 farm located in an hydro power facility in the north Catalonia(Spain). As I have a very cheap flat rate for a continuous 1MW power, I think it should be interesting to offer the possibility to host old gear which you have just unplugged or you are going to turn them off because of the last huge difficulty increases. Specially EU members who usually pay very high KWh for industrial and domestic rates.

I would host your old miners with the following conditions:
  • No fixed hosting fee.
  • But we share the 50% of the miner hashrate. Each day the first 12 hours it will be mining with your credentials and the other 12h with my ones.
  • I promise to keep them plugged until they are not able to pay for 0.015 EUR/KWh electric rate. Lets suppose 100% PPS earnings per day converted to EUR at the exchange rate of the moment.
  • After this I will just shut it down and remove it from my farm. If you want it back to keep it as a souvenir then you pay the shipping expenses.
  • Miners power efficiency should be < 1.2 w/gh. It doesn't matter the model. Antminers, Dragons, SPs...
  • I will pay 0.0001BTC/Ghs(of the miner hashrate) to cover the shipping costs if and only if you include the PSU. If you do not include a PSU then you pay all the shipping expenses.
  • The miner will be up the following day after the reception.

I can demonstrate I am administrating the mining farm in several ways:

• Photos
  • Bitcoin wallet address(with digital signature) where do I receive the daily earnings from the mining pool, equivalent to 600THs
  • The hashrate of my username in the mining pool by api key.

So do not hesitate to ask for any information if you have any doubt.

If you are interested, answer this post or sent me a PM with the information below so we can arrange everything.

Miner Model:
    Quantity:
    Do you include PSU/s?
    Post Code and Country where the miner is located(for shipping quote).

cryptotore

Activity: 324
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 19, 2016, 07:34:44 PM

Very interesting. Could you post photos?
Do you accept visitors to check out the place before hosting hardware?

mark coins

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 20, 2016, 05:52:41 AM

so basically, if we have miners that we stopped using we should send it to you so you will run it and will be shared to you? what proof can you provide that after recieving the miners you will actually use it for mining and will not sell it to others? what is the guarantee you will send it back just in case the real owner want the miner back again?
Snorek
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 20, 2016, 10:35:41 AM

Op, if your service is 100% legit and everything you said is true, then it is great idea. But you know what that sound - send me your miners I will mine for you.
And you don't give anything as collateral... No one will gonna use your service on your current terms. You need to create escrow for every user and send there BTC.
In case something go wrong, users will got their money back for their hardware. It is the only way.
quinsolfa (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
January 20, 2016, 11:16:48 AM

Very interesting. Could you post photos?
Do you accept visitors to check out the place before hosting hardware?

Here you can find some photos with the S7s. I could arrange visits for the people who are really interested in hosting several miners.

quinsolfa (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
January 20, 2016, 11:33:12 AM

Op, if your service is 100% legit and everything you said is true, then it is great idea. But you know what that sound - send me your miners I will mine for you.
And you don't give anything as collateral... No one will gonna use your service on your current terms. You need to create escrow for every user and send there BTC.
In case something go wrong, users will got their money back for their hardware. It is the only way.

This is not a service for hosting new valuable hardware. It is a service offered to people having old gear disconnected due to electricity rates. Here they have the opportunity to earn a little bit more BTCs. Much better than having them unplugged. Of course I am not going to give any means of collateral for old unused hardware. As I stated before, I can demonstrate I am running a legit mining farm in several ways.
ikydesu

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

fb.com/Bitky.shop | Bitcoin Merch!Premium Quality!

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2016, 01:03:36 PM

Why not to proofing your demonstrate administration here? Like what you said above.
Anyway, the escrow service is necessary for service like this.
VirosaGITS
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068

View Profile
January 20, 2016, 01:39:35 PM

Why not to proofing your demonstrate administration here? Like what you said above.

Escrow what exactly? OP is asking for miners for free and hashrate would allegedly be shared equally, so he is asking 50%. If OP wanted to or could put a collateral on the miners, then he would not need people to send him miners for free.

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█
              ▀▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   █▄   ▄

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄ ▄▀▀▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
███████▄ ███▒▒███      ██▒▒█████       ▀█▄
 ███████ ▀█▒▒████     ▄█▒▒█████▀         ▀█ ▄  ▄▄
  ██████  ▌▀▀█████▄▄▄███████▀▀            ███▄███▌
 █████████  █████▀▀█▀▀██████▌             ██████▀
 ▀█████████ ███▄  ███   ▐███▌ ▄██       ▄█████▀
     ▀▀    ▀▀███████████████▄▄████▄▄▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

▄█████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████
█████████▀▀█████████▀▀█████████
███████ ▄▀▀         ▀▀▄ ███████
██████                   ██████
█████▌     ▄▄     ▄▄     ▐█████
█████     ████   ████     █████
█████      ▀▀     ▀▀      █████
█████▄   ▀▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▀   ▄█████
████████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄████████
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
quinsolfa (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 01:09:46 PM

I have signed the following message with the wallet where I receive the daily payments from the pool. You can check the daily earnings approximates the declared hashrate. Of course if you trace the daily transactions you will find they came from a very well known pool.

Wallet: 1H8JhN6Br5JAvw3e8PCNVjZzqZWvPNrKV1

Message: "I am quinsolfa, and this is the address to demonstrate I am administrating a farm of 600TH."
(Remove " when checking)

Signature:

H41kskOj0abLaKbtY+Hm9TYjqCVexoYKxCx9wkut9OQZa21HpySHHgsbbGbYUIAFn4ZLjibXDgaoyJg3TQ7ebFE=
quinsolfa (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 02:38:10 PM

Escrow what exactly? OP is asking for miners for free and hashrate would allegedly be shared equally, so he is asking 50%. If OP wanted to or could put a collateral on the miners, then he would not need people to send him miners for free.

Exactly Wink
BTCBinary

Activity: 504

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 04:20:48 PM

Seems like a tempting proposal for people on the EU. However, I would not send my hardware to some guy that I dont know (your newbie account doesn't help you at all). So I guess you should post some more information and partners comments about your service, at leastit would help people understand if you are legit and trusted!
maokoto

Activity: 770

✪ NEXCHANGE | BTC, LTC, ETH & DOGE ✪

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2016, 05:17:11 PM

Yes, he is asking for it and you have no guarantee that he will hold his word but... Are those miners serving any purpose for you know? I do not own that kind of miners, but I would risk that if I were not using them and OP would pay for the costs of sending the equipment.

Perhaps would negotiate some payment for my miners before sending them to act as a guarante... but I would consider it at least.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: