Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 12:38:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: China central bank going to release their own digital currency good for bitcoin?  (Read 1720 times)
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 08:40:36 AM

it's the same shit as citycoin, nothing will change those coin will be centralized, akin to a pos coins that is distributed by a single entity and the value will be given by this entity

so i can not see how this is will be a competitor of bitcoin really, any centralized thing will not be a competitor of bitcoin

Ahh yes.. centralized... can't have that... oh wait... bitcoin is centralized...

where is bitcoin centralized? mining, where, all pool are working alone and they ar enot mining 51%, farms? where? all farm are governed by their entity which has nothing to do with another farm, even between farm from the same country

Convince the operators of antpool and f2pool to change the system one way or another and there you have your 51%

yeah a 51%(still you need to convince them...i doubt) that will not hardm the network in any way, like with ghash in the past
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Karartma1
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1422

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 08:45:39 AM

We are talking about China, basically a dictatorship. What will happen when and if they will also be able to control the money supply thanks to any digital mean? I don't know but that does not look good to me.
As others said this coin will have nothing to do with BTC.
spazzdla
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 03:13:36 PM

We are talking about China, basically a dictatorship. What will happen when and if they will also be able to control the money supply thanks to any digital mean? I don't know but that does not look good to me.

I have been warning of the power blockchain gives to govs... it's a very dangerous tool... Those claims the NSA created are starting to get a bit of traction with me.. the prefect tool for enslavement of the entire human race hidden as the thing that will free us.. brilliantly evil
cellard
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1250

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 03:43:07 PM

This is fantastic for Bitcoin. It will turn out to be just yet another altcoin run by incompetent drones without a cypherpunk backwrong which are the people that always deliver the best software in the open source field. This will be a great way to make some extra Bitcoin tho.
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
January 22, 2016, 07:48:20 AM

We are talking about China, basically a dictatorship.

Oligarchy, actually - but it's still a SMALL circle of people that control the place, not even in the ballpark of a representative type government, and a government that seems inclined to start trying to push it's weight around in disreguard of the international community (though not as beligerant about it as North Korea, China seems more inclined to actually PUSH things the last couple years).

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
Karartma1
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1422

View Profile
January 22, 2016, 08:26:32 AM

We are talking about China, basically a dictatorship.

Oligarchy, actually - but it's still a SMALL circle of people that control the place, not even in the ballpark of a representative type government, and a government that seems inclined to start trying to push it's weight around in disreguard of the international community (though not as beligerant about it as North Korea, China seems more inclined to actually PUSH things the last couple years).

Yes sorry my bad. Anyway I'm afraid China does not have a good reputation so far even if it can't be seen as North Korea, or at least, not at the moment.

I have been warning of the power blockchain gives to govs... it's a very dangerous tool... Those claims the NSA created are starting to get a bit of traction with me.. the prefect tool for enslavement of the entire human race hidden as the thing that will free us.. brilliantly evil

Aldous Huxley predicted it as I see it in Brave New World: we will be put in chains by the things we liked more than those we don't.
Yes, brilliantly evil if it will happen.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
January 22, 2016, 08:33:40 AM

well they banned btc w/o having their 'own digital currency'

it would be 'my guess' that if they did have such a digital china govt backed currency

released it...and BTC or LTC or whatever  started to 'kick its butt'

they would turn around and 'ban' all crypto but their 'own'

not saying it is the 'brightest' strategy..but how they run and manipulate their own

stock market....seems frigging likely imho

my 2 Satoshi's worth

(the ways of the Chinese gov't are mysterious to me...now if their coin was sha-256 based....no pre-mine starts at say midnight x/x/xxxx
well I'd crank the old KNC 550 gh Jupiter up...and paint me a 'pinko china red' Smiley

heh...talk about getting 'adoption' every frigging usb stick/old asic and gpu piece of crap would be a 'blazing' off the mark lol Smiley

alas my knc 550 gh Jupiter miner now acts as a 'gravity assist device' to keep my miner workbench on the earth Sad

lostgonzo.imgur.com

my setup (see album with exhaust fan pic..which I can't seem to change) soon they will all be 'doorstops'

likely the China coin should it exist would be 'POS' anyway imho Smiley

anyway ..my 'guess' is if their govt coin got some kinda 'traction' (prob by tossing $$$ at it ..its what china gov't does)

then suddenly 'btc' would be 'evil' again Sad

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: