Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 09:34:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Public Notice: Bitcoincentral.com  (Read 5861 times)
Monster Tent

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 28, 2012, 10:55:43 AM

What kind of unprofessional idiot would pass up the opportunity to get their domain name so cheaply when its a premium one ?

bitcoin-central.net must be a shitty business if it cant afford that.

davout
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1007

1davout

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2012, 11:47:48 AM

I'm extremely amused at this thread, did anyone actually check what happens if you type "bitcoin-central.com" in a browser?
Yep, that's what I thought.

And ashley, sorry for being rude, but when the thread started I still thought it was all about cyber-squatting, which is provably not, looking at the WHOIS. But you probably got that from my posts on page 1, unlike most of the haters in this thread for which actually reading a thread to get an educated opinion is probably asking too much.

franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4256
Merit: 4521

View Profile
December 28, 2012, 12:25:36 PM

davout. seriously. put your professional hat on and refrain from profanities.

you are no longer another armchair activist, or a personal investor.

you are now a financial services provider. you need to adjust your professionalism accordingly.

continue to post proof of your defence or statements of facts. but do so in a professional way. replying 'on the whim' without restraint need to be limited.

the other method, which inaba(BFL) has adopted is to create another username for official announcements where restaint and professionalism is mandatory.

the key point is:
you do not want mainstream media quoting the only customer contact of bitcoin central to be from someone shouting obscenities.

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
ab8989

Activity: 209
Merit: 101

FUTURE OF CRYPTO IS HERE!

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2012, 02:24:36 PM
Last edit: December 28, 2012, 02:43:01 PM by ab8989

the other method, which inaba(BFL) has adopted is to create another username for official announcements where restaint and professionalism is mandatory.

Everything you say and what you do tells something about your character. It does not matter in what context I learn about the typical behaviour, honesty and moral of a person and whether that person can be trusted or not. Especially the last posts of Inaba I believe truly show the character in a deep way and it affects the picture of BFL_Josh and also the picture whole company as the character behaviour happens to explain a lot of the things that have happened to the company. True or false, I don't know. But that is life and realities of public communication and its pitfalls.

It is actually worse to have two completely different personalities. In that case can you really trust anything at all? I would be far more willing to do business with a total arsehole, rather than someone with a split personality syndrome.

Splitting official company announcements from personal writings if of course okay and expected. In this case there is no split personality problem as the other is account for the company and another is for a person. But everything you do on the personal account still affects of the picture of your character and how you can be expected to behave when working for the company.
Bimmerhead
Legendary

Activity: 1291
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 28, 2012, 04:03:43 PM

I'm extremely amused at this thread, did anyone actually check what happens if you type "bitcoin-central.com" in a browser?
Yep, that's what I thought.

And ashley, sorry for being rude, but when the thread started I still thought it was all about cyber-squatting, which is provably not, looking at the WHOIS. But you probably got that from my posts on page 1, unlike most of the haters in this thread for which actually reading a thread to get an educated opinion is probably asking too much.

Why does it always seem that the first person to denounce 'haters' in an online argument is usually the one making hateful comments?  Is it some variant of Godwin's law at play?
davout
Legendary

1davout

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2012, 04:50:30 PM

For the record I got offered to "rent" the domains, because apparently the .net and .com versions belong to the same person.

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2012, 05:13:02 PM

davout. seriously. put your professional hat on and refrain from profanities.

you are no longer another armchair activist, or a personal investor.

you are now a financial services provider. you need to adjust your professionalism accordingly.

the key point is:
you do not want mainstream media quoting the only customer contact of bitcoin central to be from someone shouting obscenities.

I don't think Davout can help himself; he's pretty much a professional asshat.   Tongue

That's what happens when parents don't discipline, they unleash impulsive bratty pseudo-adults with no self-control into the world.   Undecided

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
GernMiester

Activity: 285
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 28, 2012, 05:34:26 PM

Only an moron trusts BTC to a website PERIOD.  Move them in and out or leave them to guys like Pirateat40 to steal.
LOL, still get a laugh that morons gave coins to a guy named Pirate
ashleyconnor (OP)

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 28, 2012, 05:43:33 PM

For the record I got offered to "rent" the domains, because apparently the .net and .com versions belong to the same person.

Looks like it.

Was this offer made to you recently?
Vitalik Buterin

Activity: 330
Merit: 397

View Profile
December 30, 2012, 11:32:37 PM

Not to take any sides, but I personally agree that Ashley has done nothing wrong here at all. Bitcoincentral.com is a valuable domain name, and even more so than the bitcoin-central.net site. I doubt the person who paid $1000 for the domain wants to use it to scam - $1k is too much to pay for that considering that only inexperienced users (with less $) on their hands would have got scammed by a phishing site like that. On the long term, I sincerely believe that the domain name would be worth loads more than the paltry $1k paid now.

PS; The 'go fuck yourself' statement is really impolite and unprofessional, especially when it was said to someone polite enough to offer you the domain in the first place. Most people would have demanded a bigger sum instead.

"Not to take sides, but I agree with Ashley's side absolutely"

Argumentum ad lunam: the fallacy that because Bitcoin's price is rising really fast the currency must be a speculative bubble and/or Ponzi scheme.
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1227

Away on an extended break

View Profile
December 31, 2012, 03:58:49 AM

Not to take any sides, but I personally agree that Ashley has done nothing wrong here at all. Bitcoincentral.com is a valuable domain name, and even more so than the bitcoin-central.net site. I doubt the person who paid $1000 for the domain wants to use it to scam - $1k is too much to pay for that considering that only inexperienced users (with less $) on their hands would have got scammed by a phishing site like that. On the long term, I sincerely believe that the domain name would be worth loads more than the paltry $1k paid now.

PS; The 'go fuck yourself' statement is really impolite and unprofessional, especially when it was said to someone polite enough to offer you the domain in the first place. Most people would have demanded a bigger sum instead.

"Not to take sides, but I agree with Ashley's side absolutely"
Agreeing with facts and taking sides blatantly is a different matter altogether. I am agreeing to the statement that he has done no wrong here.
adleras

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 09:23:47 PM

After all this talk I see now bitcoincentral.com points to localbitcoins.com

Just for the record.

And davout seems to have changed in his way of answering to people in this reddit topic
http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/29q2mp/with_paymium_european_merchants_can_now_accept/
davout
Legendary

1davout

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2014, 05:32:33 PM

After all this talk I see now bitcoincentral.com points to localbitcoins.com

Yup, that's how Jeremias Kangas does business, guess he can go fuck himself.
I don't think he'll ever recoup his investment though since this domain isn't used anymore.

And davout seems to have changed in his way of answering to people in this reddit topic

Sometimes I have patience for derps, sometimes not.

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: