Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 07:44:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Paypal is NOT Reversible!!!!  (Read 1581 times)
morantis (OP)

Activity: 868
Merit: 503

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 04:10:35 PM
Last edit: February 06, 2016, 03:20:12 PM by morantis

I keep seeing people say that Paypal is reversible.  If it is done right, it is not reversible.  We have used Paypal for some of our business for a long time and many people have tried to reverse charges on us.  First, make the transaction clearly for a service, not for an item.  Paypal states clearly in their terms that refunds cannot be done on intangible objects.  For example, we used to do website promotion.  Every once in a while a customer would try to snatch their funds back and this is how it would go.  The dispute would start and it does take the funds back, that is because that part is automated and it then throws the case into a queue for review by Paypal.  If you leave that alone, you may lose your funds.  As soon as the case is opened, call Paypal and tell them that your client has attempted a refund on an intangible product.  They may ask a few questions for details, but the end result of that call will be the same, they put the funds right back into your account.  What happens to the other guy is none of your concern,  most of the time they take their funds back, but whatever, you still got paid for the service you provided.

Key to Non-reversible Paypal transactions is to do the transaction for a service and follow up if their is a case started.  One two minute phone call and it is done.  And, BTW, if you feel like Paypal is going to only do this for you a few times, you are wrong, it is their policy and they do it every time.  
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
jacee
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1024

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 04:18:18 PM

Yes you can cancel the dispute but then saying that paypal is not reversible is not true. You yourself has stated that indeed it has a chargeback. What you are trying to say here is that you can prevent the chargeback from happening.
morantis (OP)

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 04:22:09 PM

Yes you can cancel the dispute but ten saying that paypal is not reversible is not true. You yourself ha state tha indeed it has a hargeback. What you are trying to say here is that you can prevent the chargeback from happening.

Point taken, I will rephrase.  Yes, someone can reverse the charges, but, with the right actions, you can always get your funds back.  And I will add that this only takes as long as it takes you to get to the phone.
Mickeyb

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 04:25:31 PM

You can reverse payments by :
1) Charging your accounts through credit cards, and then reversing that transaction
2) Claiming your account was hacked
3) Using an actually hacked account, is relatable to point 2

So yes, there are plenty of ways to reverse a transaction, even if you send as "Gift".
ShakinHandz

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 04:27:54 PM

OP what you told in context is very right but what your point is wrong.
Paypal is reversible : Right
Case In your Favor : Yes, if dealing with Tangible Goods.

what overhead is here , is un-necessary tension of phone calls to Paypal , and rude life.
morantis (OP)

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 04:27:59 PM

You can reverse payments by :
1) Charging your accounts through credit cards, and then reversing that transaction
2) Claiming your account was hacked
3) Using an actually hacked account, is relatable to point 2

So yes, there are plenty of ways to reverse a transaction, even if you send as "Gift".

Yes, but the end result is the same.  Some of our clients did use the credit card company to reverse the charges, but that phone call to Paypal put the money back into our account and then Paypal chased them, or maybe they did not, it does not matter.  The point is that we got paid for our services no matter what and the same is true if you use Paypal for something on here.
morantis (OP)

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 04:30:09 PM

OP what you told in context is very right but what your point is wrong.
Paypal is reversible : Right
Case In your Favor : Yes, if dealing with Tangible Goods.

what overhead is here , is un-necessary tension of phone calls to Paypal , and rude life.

True, we dealt with a large number of clients and made at least three calls per week.  What is here on the forum is a little different.  Most of the cases where someone does not want to use Paypal on here is for a one-time transaction that will result in a large profit for someone.  I would have no problem at all making a single phone call to finish up the process if I did something like that on here and the call takes less than five minutes if there is no one holding.
erikalui
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2016, 04:59:27 PM

If we do say that we were dealing with intangible objects, PayPal will put the funds back in the account? I always thought that PayPal does not support the sellers of digital goods and many users had their transactions reversed even while dealing on Ebay. That's the reason ebay does not allow such transactions.

morantis (OP)

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 05:07:14 PM

If we do say that we were dealing with intangible objects, PayPal will put the funds back in the account? I always thought that PayPal does not support the sellers of digital goods and many users had their transactions reversed even while dealing on Ebay. That's the reason ebay does not allow such transactions.

I cannot speak about eBay, but with Paypal it is just the opposite.  They support the use of their service for all things, but do not support intangible items through the dispute system, that is why they simply put the funds back and move on.  In their opinion, there is no way to determine with any alacrity which party is at fault on a intangible item and automatically support the seller.
morantis (OP)

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 05:10:53 PM

I want everyone to know that i have no current deals going on through this site or Paypal.  I am not trying to promote Paypal in any way, although they have served their purpose for us for years.  I just want people to know that if someone wants to give you 5 BTC for $5 and you need to use Paypal, you are fine.  If they reverse the charges, just call Paypal and it will be fixed on your end.  I cannot say what happens to the other party.  They may or may not get the money back and in the event of a sale, you should not care.  I know that eBay often sides with the seller and still gives a refund to the buyer, it is the cost of doing business and keeping both parties for future business.
BTTrader

Activity: 156
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 08:52:09 PM

I always steer clear from paypal unless I absolutely have to! Been burned a few times from them.
btc-mike

Activity: 938
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 22, 2016, 03:41:43 AM

As soon as the case is opened, call Paypal and tell them that your client has attempted a refund on an intangible product.  They may ask a few questions for details, but the end result of that call will be the same, they put the funds right back into your account. 

What are you telling them? You sold Bitcoin?
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
January 22, 2016, 07:39:50 AM

paypal is like an escrow, i will never stress to repeat this, they just act as an escrow party between two private, the same as an escrow of bitcoin

so if thre is an issue you talk to the escrow and try to solve it, it's the same in case of bitcoin
Jistlad

Activity: 422
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 22, 2016, 09:47:06 AM

Is bitcoin treated as intangible goods? If so, you cannot reverse your payment after you pay for the bitcoin?

imusify    Award-Winning Blockchain Music Platform    Presale starts March 1
Discord Product Demo O3 Wallet  ::  Get Whitelisted 
Whitepaper    ANNFacebookTwitterTelegramRedditMediumGitHubYouTubeLinkedIN    Explainer Video
steveds
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 22, 2016, 12:49:08 PM

Is bitcoin treated as intangible goods? If so, you cannot reverse your payment after you pay for the bitcoin?
of course it is, but you simply cannot stop the chage backs.They have a simple protocol for reversing the payments and due to abundant scammers in bitcoin and the whole crypto world you wont be given any special consideration.I m not talking bout rare cases but nothing could be said when the user's account was hacked ..lol
deepceleron
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1032

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2016, 09:21:26 AM

From the PayPal noob sticky, just as valid now:

What about gift paypal paments? Quick easy no seller commision and unreversible
When these payments are sent to you from an account that has been hacked into and the original owner complains, or the payment is funded with a stolen or disputed credit card, you'll find out quickly how reversible PayPal is. PayPal isn't going to be left holding the bag, they pass their fraud losses on to you.
Erkallys
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 23, 2016, 08:19:34 PM

You says that you have to call PayPal to explain what you sold. If you tell them that you sold bitcoins, you will regret what you did and you would have preferred to don't call them Cheesy. They will ban your account and thus you won't get a refund.
khalized

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 23, 2016, 09:53:26 PM

I keep seeing people say that Paypal is reversible.  If it is done right, it is not reversible.  We have used Paypal for some of our business for a long time and many people have tried to reverse charges on us.  First, make the transaction clearly for a service, not for an item.  Paypal states clearly in their terms that refunds cannot be done on intangible objects.  For example, we used to do website promotion.  Every once in a while a customer would try to snatch their funds back and this is how it would go.  The dispute would start and it does take the funds back, that is because that part is automated and it then throws the case into a queue for review by Paypal.  If you leave that alone, you may lose your funds.  As soon as the case is opened, call Paypal and tell them that your client has attempted a refund on an intangible product.  They may ask a few questions for details, but the end result of that call will be the same, they put the funds right back into your account.  What happens to the other guy is none of your concern,  most of the time they take their funds back, but whatever, you still got paid for the service you provided.

Key to Non-reversible Paypal transactions is to do the transaction for a service and follow up if their is a case started.  One two minute phone call and it is done.  And, BTW, if you feel like Paypal is going to only do this for you a few times, you are wrong, it is their policy and they do it every time. 

you spread a terrific lying.
why? you not find a good scammer?
You says that you have to call PayPal to explain what you sold. If you tell them that you sold bitcoins, you will regret what you did and you would have preferred to don't call them Cheesy. They will ban your account and thus you won't get a refund.

there are also other cases like cex.io code!
shirackjs

Activity: 812
Merit: 256

View Profile
January 23, 2016, 09:59:08 PM

I keep seeing people say that Paypal is reversible.  If it is done right, it is not reversible.  We have used Paypal for some of our business for a long time and many people have tried to reverse charges on us.  First, make the transaction clearly for a service, not for an item.  Paypal states clearly in their terms that refunds cannot be done on intangible objects.  For example, we used to do website promotion.  Every once in a while a customer would try to snatch their funds back and this is how it would go.  The dispute would start and it does take the funds back, that is because that part is automated and it then throws the case into a queue for review by Paypal.  If you leave that alone, you may lose your funds.  As soon as the case is opened, call Paypal and tell them that your client has attempted a refund on an intangible product.  They may ask a few questions for details, but the end result of that call will be the same, they put the funds right back into your account.  What happens to the other guy is none of your concern,  most of the time they take their funds back, but whatever, you still got paid for the service you provided.

Key to Non-reversible Paypal transactions is to do the transaction for a service and follow up if their is a case started.  One two minute phone call and it is done.  And, BTW, if you feel like Paypal is going to only do this for you a few times, you are wrong, it is their policy and they do it every time. 

it's full of user ready to pay with paypal here...only to scam your btc.
a post like this one is really bad... hundreds dollars are scammed every day with this type of transactions....
saturn643

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 24, 2016, 02:35:27 AM

What is defined as an intangible product? What if you are actually trying to sell a good and not a service? Do you just lie to them? What if the scammer talks to them and says that it was a physical good?

With Bitcoin, you don't need to worry about those and it is completely irreversible. PayPal here can reverse it, and it takes time and effort to get the money back. With Bitcoin, it is completely stress free, the scammers can't reverse on you.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: