Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 09:53:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: TPTB_Coin vs AmericanPegasusCoin: which next-gen currency to invest in for 2016?  (Read 2410 times)
americanpegasus (OP)

Activity: 770
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 08:30:34 PM

TPTB_need_war claims to be on the verge of releasing a new cryptocurrency so advanced it will render all others obsolete.  He claims to be a master of marketing and many other areas of human enterprise as well.  Many of us have been regaled by his economic analysis over the years.  Clearly then, this legendary currency of his will likely be special.  

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1219023.0

However, as we know, AmericanPegasus Is also about to unleash his incredible master-currency upon the world and has also been hard at work, first learning C++ fundamentals, then learning cryptography, and finally putting them together into the most advanced financial network that may even be possible using Euclidian geometry.  Now certainly he's seen his share of controversy too, but has a slight marketing edge and clearly superior technology.  

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=914517.0  

But which one should I trust with my time and value?  Inquiring minds want to know, and please: serious replies only.    

Account is back under control of the real AmericanPegasus.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
50cent_rapper
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 08:33:14 PM

Please add DOGE as a vote option  Cool
monsterer
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 08:35:28 PM

Heh heh, I needed a laugh, thanks Smiley
ArticMine
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1050

Monero Core Team

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 08:44:47 PM

TPTB_Coin was recently gored by a GNU.

Concerned that blockchain bloat will lead to centralization? Storing less than 4 GB of data once required the budget of a superpower and a warehouse full of punched cards. https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/87/IBM_card_storage.NARA.jpg https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punched_card
Fuserleer
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2016, 08:52:24 PM

In other news, popcorn stocks have doubled in 30 minutes!

TPTB_need_war

Activity: 420
Merit: 262

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 09:15:29 PM

I have no project for the readers to invest in, so the topic of the thread is nonsense.

If this is a forward looking question, assuming that I might produce a project, then I will not involve myself in discussions of the probabilities surrounding vaporware.

My intuition is that the purpose of this thread is to try to collect and manipulate public opinion, and this is apparently already well documented tactic of the Monero (and now apparently by association the Aeon) clan.

I would much prefer to discuss technological and marketing solutions for our goals in crypto currency. Thus I don't think I will be participating in this thread. Time waster.

LucyLovesCrypto

Activity: 414
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 09:29:10 PM

I would much prefer to discuss technological and marketing solutions for our goals in crypto currency. Thus I don't think I will be participating in this thread. Time waster.

My guess is that AmericanPegasus started this thread as an attempt at comedy and not for any other nefarious purpose.  I won't spend more time in this thread either but I do not assume ill intent. There are many people in the Monero and Aeon communities who value the contributions of TPTB.
igatcha

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 09:54:56 PM
Last edit: January 22, 2016, 12:51:18 AM by igatcha

Before I make any investment I would like to know if you have left the Monero Saturday Gentlemens-club?

Edits: After actually checking your announcement thread I have changed my mind. Im in.

Nevermind.
TPTB_need_war

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 10:15:37 PM

My guess is that AmericanPegasus started this thread as an attempt at comedy and not for any other nefarious purpose.  I won't spend more time in this thread either but I do not assume ill intent. There are many people in the Monero and Aeon communities who value the contributions of TPTB.

Okay my bad. Humor is most welcome at this juncture (and even if but not iff I am the butt of the joke).

tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3948
Merit: 1418

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
January 22, 2016, 01:13:05 AM

Is this Bob Surplus' new angle?  Grin

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
LucyLovesCrypto

Activity: 414
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 22, 2016, 02:15:12 AM

What are you talking about? Bob Surplus has no connection to TPTB or AmericanPegasus that I am aware of.
Fuserleer
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2016, 03:26:36 AM

What are you talking about? Bob Surplus has no connection to TPTB or AmericanPegasus that I am aware of.

* plot twist *

tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3948
Merit: 1418

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
January 22, 2016, 06:28:25 AM

* plot twist *

Lol yup.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
TPTB_need_war

View Profile
January 22, 2016, 07:37:55 AM

Who the hell is Bob Surplus. I used to watch Sanford & Son, does that apply?

illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 22, 2016, 07:53:02 AM

Who the hell is Bob Surplus.

A scammer who has conducted multiple pump and dump scams, the largest (afaik) being cheating BitBay investors and his own pump group out of 700 BTC by conspiring with an exchange (BTER) to pump the price using the ICO funds that were supposed to be frozen by the exchange until the coin is released. The deal was Bob and his partner Gekko were supposed to handle the marketing of the coin but they just took the BTC, dumped the BitBay coins, and ran.

Surprised he's still alive tbh.

http://cointelegraph.com/news/113238/chat-logs-allegedly-show-bter-creating-and-pumping-its-own-coin
rustynailer

Activity: 725
Merit: 501

Boycott Qatar 2022

View Profile
January 22, 2016, 07:54:18 AM

Who the hell is Bob Surplus. I used to watch Sanford & Son, does that apply?

The story of Bob Surplus
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=896480.0
altcoinUK

Activity: 784

View Profile
January 22, 2016, 11:50:31 AM

A scammer who has conducted multiple pump and dump scams, the largest (afaik) being cheating BitBay investors and his own pump group out of 700 BTC by conspiring with an exchange (BTER) to pump the price using the ICO funds that were supposed to be frozen by the exchange until the coin is released. The deal was Bob and his partner Gekko were supposed to handle the marketing of the coin but they just took the BTC, dumped the BitBay coins, and ran.

http://cointelegraph.com/news/113238/chat-logs-allegedly-show-bter-creating-and-pumping-its-own-coin

I am sure you remember that my unmoderated thread at https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=857457.0 crashed the Bitbay party. Bobsurplus admitted the scam as well as challenged David Zimbeck there. Since I know the the story quite well, let me point out an inaccuracy in your post.

To say that Bob was the scammer without mentioning David Zimbeck is a misinformation. Yes, Bob is a scammer (thought at least unlike others he admit that his business is P&D), but Bob wasn't the main figure behind that scam - it was David Zimbeck. Without the active input of David the Bitbay scam could never happen. Bob deployed the army of sockpuppets and shills to P&D the coin - which is a scam and that's what he does with all coins he is involved with - but not mentioning David Zimbeck is like you wouldn't mention Laurel in the analysis of the Laurel & Hardy act. On that note, it's actually hilarious as Laurel & Hardy was that many of us warn users, becuase the shit they sell is not a real projects, only a P&D that is suported by shills and sockpuppets, Bob admits himself that he is a P&D organiser, but idiots and wannabe rich greedy "investors" (most of the time with a no more than a high school lunch money size investment) still buy his shitcoins.

Anyway, I think Bob is already finished his operation.
altcoinUK

Activity: 784

View Profile
January 22, 2016, 12:03:03 PM
Last edit: January 22, 2016, 12:56:18 PM by altcoinUK

On the note of TPTB_need_war, I like him, he is a very smart fellow, bring up interesting points in technical discussions, but here is my warning and prediction: if he ever release his coin (which is doubtful as he is unable to work with anyone, e.g now he is having a fight with his former best friend smooth) then that coin will create nothing but tears and disappointment for the inevitable bagholders. It will be P&D like other coins with the army of disappointed bag holders at the and of the chain.  

TPTB_need_war's innovations such us the no PoW and his plan of pursuing the third world market are nothing but marketing gimmicks. There is zero chance for monetization (except that he and the early adopters will pocket some profit via the P&D) and his coin will never find way to real world businesses and won't be a factor in the real world's economy. It will exists in this pathetic no volume microcosms for a while, and then it will disappear like all other coins.
traumschiff
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1001

180 BPM

View Profile
January 22, 2016, 12:09:26 PM

I will not involve myself in discussions of the probabilities surrounding vaporware.

Hah, that's new.

illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 22, 2016, 12:10:11 PM

I am sure you remember that my unmoderated thread at https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=857457.0 crashed the Bitbay party. Bobsurplus admitted the scam as well as challenged David Zimbeck there. Since I know the the story quite well, let me point out an inaccuracy in your post.

To say that Bob was the scammer without mentioning David Zimbeck is a misinformation. Yes, Bob is a scammer (thought at least unlike others he admit that his business is P&D), but Bob wasn't the main figure behind that scam - it was David Zimbeck. Without the active input of David the Bitbay scam could never happen. Bob deployed the army of sockpuppets and shills to P&D the coin - which is a scam and that's what he does with all coins he is involved with - but not mentioning David Zimbeck is like you wouldn't mention Laurel in the analysis of the Laurel & Hardy act. On that note, it's actually hilarious as Laurel & Hardy was that many of us warn users, becuase the shit they sell is not a real projects, only a P&D that is suported by shills and sockpuppets, Bob admits himself that he is a P&D organiser, but idiots and wannabe rich greedy "investors" (most of the time with a no more than a high school lunch money size investment) still buy his shitcoins.

Anyway, I think Bob is already finished his operation.

This is how I remember it, please correct me if I'm wrong.

Zimbeck is still working on BitBay this day, Bob never did anything to help the project. Bob and the rest of the scam team hired Zimbeck to implement his smart contracts into the wallet (and that was supposed to be all he would do and be paid for), and started advertising the project using Zimbeck's name as the lead developer without his consent to give it more credibility.

Zimbeck's only fault imo was that he didn't quit and tell everyone after finding out Bob and his scam team were up to no good, but kept quiet instead hoping the project could deliver regardless.

After Bob left soon after the ICO and took all the project's money there were no funds left for development, and Zimbeck decided to stay and finish the project alone even though that wasn't his job, it should've been Bob's team's responsibility.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: