Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 11:43:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BitBay | Decentralized Marketplace | Unmoderated Thread  (Read 52718 times)
altcoinUK (OP)

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 03:07:39 PM
Last edit: December 07, 2014, 01:56:45 PM by altcoinUK

Since legitimate discussions about the identity of organizers of the 3000 BTC BitBay ICO are deleted in the official BitBay thread

This is an UNMODERATED thread where all opinions are welcomed and no posts will be deleted

to discuss who is the organizer of the BitBay US$ 1.2 million ICO, how that money will be distributed as well as any topics users wish to discuss. The Bit Bay team stated that they are long term users in BCT, however they refuse to reveal their identities. So who they are? Is it the Blackhand group or someone else who already caused financial losses for investors or are they just honest individuals with immaculate integrity?

Having so many scams this summer in the alcoin market, the investors' questions about the identity of organizers of the ICO and asking about at least a basic business plan that outlines the spending of the 3000 BTC are perfectly reasonable.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
altcoinUK (OP)

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 03:11:17 PM

That was my latest post that was deleted by the BitBay team at the official thread.

I was kinda on your side AltcoinUK until you showed me you have an agenda and an axe to grind.  Now you just look like a sad little man full of shit trying to under-mind this project because you don't like Dave.

That I dislike David is absurd. I said here from the beginning that David is a very knowledgeable professional and he answered here with civility and he was really professional. He seems a great guy. I have nothing but respect for that young man who create a wonderful technology. As you know very well, the discussion is about who is running the show here? That's why the Blackhand group was mentioned, not because anyone is questioning David's integrity. We understand David is not collectiong the money here, he is a developer, and we would just  like to know who is then the collector of the 3000 BTC?
qawzsx

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

NOT FUD! FACTS!

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 03:24:47 PM

You leak frustration...
You asked some legit questions at first, but you started to look like a jealous and frustrated person.

I hope this useless thread gets deleted asap
altcoinUK (OP)

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 03:40:36 PM

You leak frustration...
You asked some legit questions at first, but you started to look like a jealous and frustrated person.

I see. So because I look jealous and frustrated then the legit and valid questions of

1) Who they are, who will get the 3000 BTC

2) How the 3000 BTC will be redistributed

are "useless".

I fully understand people invested already in BitBay, there is people hard earned cash involved already, however there are many of us who hasn't decided yet, and I thought it is useful to submit that questions. BitBay Team's attitude is: we are not telling you who we are and what we do with the money, and that sounds me not quite right.

I am sorry for disappointing you, but in a market where 95% of the coins is scam and causes financial losses to investors, we must ask these questions. 
Crypto King

Activity: 252

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 03:44:16 PM

You leak frustration...

I see. So because I look jealous and frustrated then the legit and valid questions of

1) Who they are, who will get the 3000 BTC

2) How the 3000 BTC will be redistributed

are "useless".

I fully understand people invested already in BitBay, there is people hard earned cash involved already, however there are many of us who hasn't decided yet, and I thought it is useful to submit that questions. BitBay Team's attitude is: we are not telling you who we are and what we do with the money, and that sounds me not quite right.

I am sorry for disappointing you, but in a market where 95% of the coins is scam and causes financial losses to investors, we must ask these questions. 

You are right and i completely agree, but i dont think any of your questions will be answered. Its just another way to raise btc for someone to eventually run away with.
unusualfacts30

Activity: 1540
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 03:45:41 PM

First I would like to say I'm invested in Bitbay because I liked the idea itself and David in the team gave me enough confidence to invest my BTC.

Now, I think OP is asking legit questions and we would like to know what would be next step after ICO. 3000 BTC = $1230062.99

that's lot of money.

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
qawzsx

Activity: 280

NOT FUD! FACTS!

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 03:56:05 PM

First I would like to say I'm invested in Bitbay because I liked the idea itself and David in the team gave me enough confidence to invest my BTC.

Now, I think OP is asking legit questions and we would like to know what would be next step after ICO. 3000 BTC = $1230062.99

that's lot of money.

Well, depends...
Good marketing for a strong projects costs a lot more than that.

I see a lot of good projects out there in the wild (not crypto related), which are not going anywhere. They lack marketing.
Marketing is very expensive those days.

If they are raising those money for developing alone, then yes 3000 BTC is a lot of money for developing alone.
altcoinUK (OP)

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 03:58:34 PM

I fully agree with @Crypto King and @unusualfacts30.

I respect very much David, that young clever man has created a wonderful solution. However, Dave is not running the show there, he is just the face of the operation, the money goes to someone else. The attitude of BitBay team that refuses to answer legit question that request transparency is completely unacceptable.

It is about our market. We built this market and we need to protect this market from scams. The scammers, ICO, IPO, ITO and other frauds had their good run, enough is enough. These scammers would press the last cent out from investors and finally the altcoin market disappears, and our current investment will be gone then. So it's not about that I don't like Dave as some said in that moderated thread, I just don't like the secrecy and lack of transparency of those who uses Dave in their ICO.
unusualfacts30

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 04:00:28 PM

that's lot of money.

Well, depends...

I see a lot of good projects out there in the wild (not crypto related), which are not going anywhere. They lack marketing.

If they are raising those money for developing alone, then yes 3000 BTC is a lot of money for developing alone.

I hope it's for marketing and if it is then this coin can be amazing. BTC gets lot of investors because of marketing and altcoins lack in that factor and if that money gets used for marketing this coin has lot of value.

I'm trying to see what's the next step after ICO and I haven't heard anything regarding where would money go.

I have invested 2 BTC but would I invest further? Probably not until I hear regarding what would happen to the money right after ICO has ended.

Would they start marketing right away?

Would they wait for 6 months before they start marketing?

or more importantly would they drive Ferrari and buy a nice house in Florida with that money?  Grin J/K

As an investors those are very legit questions.

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
altcoinUK (OP)

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 04:04:07 PM

that's lot of money.

Well, depends...

You are absolutely right, but how can we have a rational conversation about expenditures if the BitBay team refuse to discuss the expenditures? I am sorry to use these strong words, but scammers raise fund like that: give me your money but not telling who we are and what we do with the money, because we have a young chess master (David), you know him, he work for us, and that should be enough to take on Ebay, it doesn't matter who we are. Is that a joke? Haven't we heard many times such explanations from scammers who contracted good developers and pulled out a scam?
altcoinUK (OP)

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 04:12:52 PM

or more importantly would they drive Ferrari and buy a nice house in Florida with that money?  Grin J/K

Based on what I heard from them about how they will take on Ebay, I think exactly that's what they will do :-)))
altcoinUK (OP)

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 04:22:30 PM

Since my posts are deleted on that official thread, and no point to post there for me :-)) here is a part of a posts from @digicidal user that indicates how people supposed to make money:

"The bottom line is this... even if this were a scam, and the BTC was simply used to pump the coin and then dump it... with that much BTC for manipulation... it's gonna be one hell of a pump... and you should be able to capitalize on it.  On the other hand, if the parties are driven by greed (which we can assume as aren't all of us?) and even if they were initially planning on running with the funds - wouldn't it make more sense to get 10K BTC rather than ~2500 BTC?  It's clear that the amount of work required to deliver at least the first phases of this project (wallet/contracts/marketplace) is relatively simple to do... it's also obvious that if there's this much demand without those things being in place - then demand will only increase (along with price) - when it rolls out! "

Really? So we are trying to build a new market and digital currency ecosystem, get average Joes into crypto, trying to make digital currencies popular or are we doing a P&D? Isn't a the altcoin market in a very bad shape because such P&D mentality is the standard? Are we talking about taking on Ebay, but the mater plan is to ride the P&D and left the many naive, wannabe rich investors with financial loss?
unusualfacts30

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 04:23:09 PM

I just called Ebay up and asked them to discuss their expenditures.  I am interested in investing in Ebay I told them I would if only they would give me a detailed accounting of where every dime of the money generated by Ebay goes.  I told them there were being assholes for not giving me the information I was asking for.  They hung up on me can you believe that shit?

It gets better I just called them back and demanded to speak to the CEO.  I told them if they refuse to give me the information I want about their expenditures I would be forced to expose them to the world as scammers.  They hung up on me again.   I can't stand Ebay I will never us it again.

Here is my $50,000

I'll just shut my mouth and close my eye...take my money please. Roll Eyes

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
altcoinUK (OP)

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 04:27:01 PM

I just called Ebay up and asked them to discuss their expenditures.  I am interested in investing in Ebay I told them I would if only they would give me a detailed accounting of where every dime of the money generated by Ebay goes.  I told them there were being assholes for not giving me the information I was asking for.  They hung up on me can you believe that shit?

It gets better I just called them back and demanded to speak to the CEO.  I told them if they refuse to give me the information I want about their expenditures I would be forced to expose them to the world as scammers.  They hung up on me again.   I can't stand Ebay I will never us it again.

Very well done you called Ebay, good man. Did you called the BitBay team as well? What's their phone number? Who they are? Since you worried about Ebay expenditures I thought you would be worry about BitBay's identity in the first place.
unusualfacts30

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 04:35:55 PM

My point is I think some random guy demanding information about expenditures for Ebay, Bitbay, amazom or whoever is absurd.  Frankly if they had discussed expenditures with you I would have been worried they were telling people what they want to hear so they could scam them.  The fact that they won't cave in to some 2 bit clowns demands is a good sign.

Any new company that wants investors should have no reason to NOT answer questions that are being asked.

Comparing Bitbay to amazon or  ebay is ridiculous...those companies have billion dollars turnover..they don't need investors and if they did they wouldn't mind answering questions.

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
altcoinUK (OP)

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 04:37:15 PM

My point is I think some random guy demanding information about expenditures for Ebay, Bitbay, amazom or whoever is absurd.  Frankly if they had discussed expenditures with you I would have been worried they were telling people what they want to hear so they could scam them.  The fact that they won't cave in to some 2 bit clowns demands to know about their planned expenditures is a good sign.

As you know very well, no one was asking from the BitBay team detailed expenditure schedule. The issue is, the BitBay team has not provided investors with even a very high level, let say 300BTC breakdown spending schedule, never mind 100 BTC, which would be very reasonable as 100 BTC is 40k today. Have you ever seen a business plan where the raised fund is $ 1.2 million and they would say sorry, talking about figures like 40k is too much detail for us? Of course not.

But of course, since you aren't interested who are these guys, why you would be interested in how the 3000 BTC will be spent.
altcoinUK (OP)

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 04:44:16 PM

Lol I am not comparing them to any existing markets.  When new projects are coming out of the ground most of the time the people running those projects play it pretty close to the vest.  They don't tell everyone their plans because then it would be easy for others with larger bankrolls to beat them to the punch and create what they are working on before they can.  

I assume you never invested in a real world business in your life. Have you heard about angel investment, which kind of what we do here by funding projects? Show me an angel investor that would give you a cent if you say, sorry, I don't tell you how I spend the money, I want to keep that info "pretty close to the vest". That investor just don't exists.
Booth

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 04:45:32 PM

3000 BTC is a huge price
No way market could support current ICO price. It will go down as soon as trading is available

seing how fast first coins were bought I am almost 100% sure dev bought his coins by himself and will be glad to dump em on you for any price since he got em for free
altcoinUK (OP)

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 04:49:48 PM

because he jumped off topic and started accusing them and david of being part of a group that took down vericoin

Which I did not, but that besides the point, as you are pushing that 3000 BTC ICO very-very hard, but the important we are back to topic here even if were off-topic there :-)))

Who are the BitBay guys?

How the money will be spent?

sucksyd

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 04:51:59 PM

Lol I am not comparing them to any existing markets.  When new projects are coming out of the ground most of the time the people running those projects play it pretty close to the vest.  They don't tell everyone their plans because then it would be easy for others with larger bankrolls to beat them to the punch and create what they are working on before they can.  

I assume you never invested in a real world business in your life. Have you heard about angel investment, which kind of what we do here by funding projects? Show me an angel investor that would give you a cent if you say, sorry, I don't tell you how I spend the money, I want to keep that info "pretty close to the vest". That investor just don't exists.
i get your point.trust makes money and investments.so many noobs are here to be slaughtered finacially and in return they thank the slaughters ..lollll
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  

Jump to: