Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 08:38:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Russia joins North Korea - blocks bitcoin exchanges  (Read 2008 times)
smartfriend

Activity: 143
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 23, 2016, 02:05:38 PM

may i help russian to get a money back

Bitcoin > IDR (Indonesian Rupiah) > Russian Rubbel/US Dollar

low fees ... pm me Cheesy
fuathan

Activity: 1092
Merit: 520

Aleph.im

View Profile
January 23, 2016, 02:08:42 PM

Most of the BTC trading systems based on Russia. Bad news for newbies...  Undecided
xdrpx

Activity: 616
Merit: 603

View Profile
January 23, 2016, 02:12:48 PM

According to a tweet I found on a news website it was a Russian ISP that was blocking access to BTC-E. The ISP's name is Roskomnadzor and has added BTC-E to the blacklist. I'm guessing people by now would have figured out how to bypass access and regain access to their accounts. It's a very silly move by the Russian Federation Government to deny access to exchanges online.
chennan
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 23, 2016, 02:21:01 PM

Such useless effort to block sites, can be bypassed easily thru vpn or proxy tho,different if they do arrest bitcoin user

Not useless, will make people be afraid that in the future they do arrest people or cut the fiat-BTC channel, so people will avoid invest in Bitcoins and the adoption will stop.

But still though, even though citizens of Russia won't be able to cash out so easily on their ISP's to bitstamp or something like that... they can still sell locally at at localbtc, as seen in the OP's pictures... Also they can easily get VPN's or maybe run through Tor to get on bitstamp.  It's really not (or shouldn't be seen as) that big of a deal.

While we're on the subject, I think we all knew that North Korea has blocked bitcoin exchanges lol... hell they've, in a way, blocked "food".  There are starving people in North Korea, I don't think they are too worried about exchanging some bitcoins.

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: