Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 08:18:27 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC4Amazon  (Read 1631 times)
thebaron

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 29, 2012, 04:21:33 AM

So many red flags that it would be a huge disservice to this community not to mark the OP a scammer right now.

Really No scam, I'm asking someone to try it, Anyone Just to prove to the rest of the world that this is not a scam.
The fees are currently waived so that 1BTC = 13.5 USD on Amazon

And nope no stolen credit cards Everything here is a completely legit service. I have bought at least 30 items on Amazon with the current linked card so if it was stolen I would presume somebody would have reported it by now.

OK, we'll see Aaron.
21after2

Activity: 112
Merit: 16

View Profile
December 29, 2012, 04:25:58 AM

I messed up with the sockpuppet routine I will give you that much ok?
I just new that I would get a reception just like the one I'm getting now if I didn't employ some "creative marketing"

All I need is one user with $.99 worth of bitcoins to buy something and let the rest of the world know how there service went so that others will get the idea that this is really not a scam.

One man's "creative marketing" is another man's "fraud." Taking your service at face value is a little risky, since you are asking people to give you money on the hope that you'll come through for them. You have to expect that some people will be wary of that until it is proven. All your "creative marketing" has shown is that you have some degree of ethical flexibility in trying to build a web of trust based on lies; that alone may have scared anyone who was willing to be the first customer off. Honesty may not have gotten you a warm reception of customers, but it would have been a good first step in showing that your service is on the level.

I'm not trying to be mean, so I apologize if it seems that way. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and say that you are sincerely trying to start up a legitimate business, so I'll repeat the advice of our fellow BitCoiners: try starting with a trusted escrow to build your consumer-base and web of trust, and one day you may not need one (an escrow, that is).

And this may be nitpicking on my part, but I would also suggest you proofread your posts for spelling errors. Presentation is a big part of business, and an extra minute taken to present a professional image can help make a big difference.

If you are on the level, then hopefully admitting to the sock-puppet routine will show that you're trying to do things right. Just remember that asking people to part with their money is no small thing Wink
BTC4Amazon (OP)

Activity: 252

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2012, 04:30:04 AM

I messed up with the sockpuppet routine I will give you that much ok?
I just new that I would get a reception just like the one I'm getting now if I didn't employ some "creative marketing"

All I need is one user with $.99 worth of bitcoins to buy something and let the rest of the world know how there service went so that others will get the idea that this is really not a scam.

One man's "creative marketing" is another man's "fraud." Taking your service at face value is a little risky, since you are asking people to give you money on the hope that you'll come through for them. You have to expect that some people will be wary of that until it is proven. All your "creative marketing" has shown is that you have some degree of ethical flexibility in trying to build a web of trust based on lies; that alone may have scared anyone who was willing to be the first customer off. Honesty may not have gotten you a warm reception of customers, but it would have been a good first step in showing that your service is on the level.

I'm not trying to be mean, so I apologize if it seems that way. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and say that you are sincerely trying to start up a legitimate business, so I'll repeat the advice of our fellow BitCoiners: try starting with a trusted escrow to build your consumer-base and web of trust, and one day you may not need one (an escrow, that is).

And this may be nitpicking on my part, but I would also suggest you proofread your posts for spelling errors. Presentation is a big part of business, and an extra minute taken to present a professional image can help make a big difference.

If you are on the level, then hopefully admitting to the sock-puppet routine will show that you're trying to do things right. Just remember that asking people to part with their money is no small thing Wink

Thanks for both the advice and the criticism. I understand what I did wasn't right but I did it and now I have to live with the consequences. I do thank you for taking the time to relay the helpful message you just sent and hope that maybe one day when the BTC universe realizes that this is not a scam you would be willing to try my service.

I bid you a good day, Sir
mjc

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Available on Kindle

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2012, 09:29:18 PM

And nope no stolen credit cards Everything here is a completely legit service. I have bought at least 30 items on Amazon with the current linked card so if it was stolen I would presume somebody would have reported it by now.

Maybe it's just the wording, but that scares me.  Specifically:

I would presume somebody would have reported it by now.

Kindle : Bitcoin Step by Step (2nd Ed) : http://www.amazon.com/Bitcoin-Step-by-ebook/dp/B00A1CUQQU
Kindle : Bitcoin Mining Step by Step : http://www.amazon.com/Bitcoin-Step-by-ebook/dp/B00A1CUQQU
Facebook :  https://www.facebook.com/BitcoinStepByStep     Twitter : @BitcoinSbS
edd
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2012, 10:40:22 PM

Maybe it's just the wording, but that scares me.  Specifically:

I would presume somebody would have reported it by now.

I agree, it is a very odd thing to say about your own credit card.

OP, don't joke around about things like this. Provide statements about your services and offer escrow on the first few purchases or present yourself as professionally as possible and let your reputation as an honest business grow organically.

Still around.
BTC4Amazon (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2012, 05:00:39 AM

OP, don't joke around about things like this. Provide statements about your services and offer escrow on the first few purchases or present yourself as professionally as possible and let your reputation as an honest business grow organically.

Hello, We now offer Escrow Check out the website for more details or the new official Forum for our site in the Services section.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=133900.0

~Thanks And have a Nice Day!
    BTC 4 Amazon Team
SouthernComfort

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 30, 2012, 09:29:38 AM

If legit I may order from in the future
BTC4Amazon (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2012, 03:08:20 PM
Last edit: December 30, 2012, 03:41:36 PM by BTC4Amazon

Bump....Competitive Prices BTC4Amazon.com
Offering escrow with John (johntheding) member on here. To all that are interested
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1227

Away on an extended break

View Profile
December 30, 2012, 05:58:34 PM

OP done a trade of $399 successfully with phantitox. +1 fast and easy.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: