Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 06:16:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is paxful legit?  (Read 42464 times)
RoughLyfe (OP)

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 23, 2016, 02:30:33 AM

A friend of mine told me about paxful,it seems like a locabitcoin reskin.I haven't been able to find any vouches that it works,does anyone have any experience with paxful?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Your Point Is Invalid

Activity: 756
Merit: 510

Dear me, I think I'm becoming a god

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2016, 02:50:06 AM

there are about 26 reviews, read first and then make your own opinion, although i must say, scam is the firt thing that comes to mind http://bittrust.org/paxful

tips: 156dych5YUcEd1DHZ5TueAtcgtSymEVhkG

bitbaby

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2016, 03:52:15 AM

Never used it, don't know anyone personally who uses it and haven't heard anything good/bad about it so far, at-least not on this forum, so can't say. Its hard to tell these days about bitcoin exchanges as to which one is legit, which one isn't and which one decides to get hacked all of sudden.

Try it with small amounts, is all I can suggest.

paxful_bitcoin

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 25, 2016, 05:15:04 AM

Hello, Paxful admin here!

We launched Paxful in summer 2015 and have now grown into 2nd biggest p2p marketplace with over 1k bitcoins weekly volume.
If you have any questions or concerns, I'm happy to answer!

We have also active forum, great customer support and listen to our userbase and every feature request.
max2000irc

Activity: 527
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 25, 2016, 08:19:54 PM

I have used it and it seems to be legit, but the only thing that the payment methods can be charged back but I believe this is a problem on LCB also and all major exchangers like this .

Thanks
morantis

Activity: 868
Merit: 503

View Profile
January 25, 2016, 09:40:34 PM

We launched Paxful in summer 2015 and have now grown into 2nd biggest p2p marketplace with over 1k bitcoins weekly volume.

We have also active forum, great customer support and listen to our userbase and every feature request.

Where do your stats come from that you claim to be the second biggest?
noel57

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 26, 2016, 07:50:31 AM

There is nothing wrong with the website because it is just a platform for buyer and seller to meet but i must advise that you should deal with people that have good reputations or you make use of their escrow.

Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 26, 2016, 09:13:10 AM

Never use this service, but AFAIK, website reskin is risk to use, better to use localbitcoin itself and choose a trusted person to make a deal.
paxful_bitcoin

View Profile
February 10, 2016, 09:34:00 PM

Where do your stats come from that you claim to be the second biggest?
We are asking already months bitcoinity and bitcoincharts.com to include us. Our public trades API is here
https://paxful.com/developers#trades
You can get from there all past successful trades and also payment methods for each trade, so you know always which payment methods are now the hottest and most active.

I have used it and it seems to be legit, but the only thing that the payment methods can be charged back but I believe this is a problem on LCB also and all major exchangers like this .

Thanks

This is the art of selling bitcoin online with premium which has it's risks if you sell for payment methods which can be charged back. Please look my previous posts where I have mentioned about chargebacks and what payments methods to use for the start that are not easily reversible.

there are about 26 reviews, read first and then make your own opinion, although i must say, scam is the firt thing that comes to mind http://bittrust.org/paxful

We have a story where lady for backpage bought bitcoins from Coinbase and she found out that she eventually has to wait 4 days for her coins. She thought bitcoin is 1 big company and left us alot of 1 stars on bittrust because she thought we are the ones who make her wait for her coins 4 days. Also most reviews are left by haters, people who get scammed by sellers or who gets confused. If you check LBC bittrust rating, it's even worse =) Since there are frauds on both sides - sellers and buyers we are constantly improving our system and warning users of potential scams thus making bitcoin p2p trading safer.

Never use this service, but AFAIK, website reskin is risk to use, better to use localbitcoin itself and choose a trusted person to make a deal.
We did choose a ready HTML canvas but it's heavily modified, I don't see anything bad if it does it's job. Also we are now focusing on new features such as widget/affiliate program (1 month away) and Paxful Checkout (3 months away).
chokesir

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

fastdice.com The Worlds Fastest Bitcoin Dice

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2016, 10:48:44 PM
Last edit: February 10, 2016, 11:44:17 PM by chokesir

I'm not trusting paxful so soon. Really looks like a scam, but I hope someone can prove me wrong.
I'd recommend depositing somewhere else, scams are so often nowadays, you can't trust everyone.

RoughLyfe (OP)

View Profile
February 10, 2016, 11:26:24 PM

I can officially say my things about paxful

DO NOT DEPOSIT THERE,while you can easily buy bitcoin,deposit and withdraw it.They take a fee that they will not refund.As I tried to sell bitcoin on there,only to get locked into a trade for 1 and a half hours and was not refunded the fee.So I lost money and time.And everybody who you try to sell bitcoin to,even at a 1:1 rate will most likely lock you in a trade,which happened to me several times.Its better to use other websites.
paxful_bitcoin

View Profile
February 11, 2016, 12:10:07 AM

I'm not trusting paxful so soon. Really looks like a scam, but I hope someone can prove me wrong.
I'd recommend depositing somewhere else, scams are so often nowadays, you can't trust everyone.
What is scam exactly on Paxful? I am happy to clear all doubts.
We have been featured on NPR and Marketwatch and with our Pay with Paxful button to backpage.com was already paid over $5million in bitcoins so far.
Weekly over 1500 bitcoins is exchanged on Paxful between buyers and sellers. Proof here: https://paxful.com/developers#trades

DO NOT DEPOSIT THERE,while you can easily buy bitcoin,deposit and withdraw it.They take a fee that they will not refund.As I tried to sell bitcoin on there,only to get locked into a trade for 1 and a half hours and was not refunded the fee.So I lost money and time.And everybody who you try to sell bitcoin to,even at a 1:1 rate will most likely lock you in a trade,which happened to me several times.Its better to use other websites.
I am not sure whether you are competitor trying to ditch us or honestly don't know how p2p bitcoin trading works, but let me try anyway.
What is the fee you are talking exactly about? When you are selling bitcoin, as a seller for a successful sale you pay to Paxful 1% trade fee. Say a buyer is buying from you 1 bitcoin, so into escrow goes 1.01 bitcoin from your wallet. On successful trade 1 bitcoin is moved to buyer's wallet and 0.01 is kept by Paxful. In case of trade cancelling you get back whole amount - 1.01 bitcoin. Indeed may be some cases when you are locked in a trade for an hour when buyer starts a trade with you and doesn't know what is going on since buyer is buying first time and is trying to figure out the system. But trade payment window times out and you get back all your coins. With time figuring out the platform and reducing number of stuck trades (coinlockers) you will gradually build your customer base of returning buyers and you could have a very profitable online bitcoin selling venture.
RoughLyfe (OP)

View Profile
February 11, 2016, 12:13:55 AM

We have been featured on NPR and Marketwatch and with our Pay with Paxful button to backpage.com was already paid over $5million in bitcoins so far.
Weekly over 1500 bitcoins is exchanged on Paxful between buyers and sellers. Proof here: https://paxful.com/developers#trades

I am not sure whether you are competitor trying to ditch us or honestly don't know how p2p bitcoin trading works, but let me try anyway.
What is the fee you are talking exactly about? When you are selling bitcoin, as a seller for a successful sale you pay to Paxful 1% trade fee. Say a buyer is buying from you 1 bitcoin, so into escrow goes 1.01 bitcoin from your wallet. On successful trade 1 bitcoin is moved to buyer's wallet and 0.01 is kept by Paxful. In case of trade cancelling you get back whole amount - 1.01 bitcoin. Indeed may be some cases when you are locked in a trade for an hour when buyer starts a trade with you and doesn't know what is going on since buyer is buying first time and is trying to figure out the system. But trade payment window times out and you get back all your coins. With time figuring out the platform and reducing number of stuck trades (coinlockers) you will gradually build your customer base of returning buyers and you could have a very profitable online bitcoin selling venture.
I don't run a website,and if I was a competitor then I wouldn't resort to cheap tactics.The 1% fee does NOT get refunded if you are locked in a trade,your guy on support told me that.Im saying if you get LOCKED in a trade,as in the person does not cancel the trade and leaves you in there to wait for the auto-cancel.
paxful_bitcoin

View Profile
February 11, 2016, 12:45:28 AM

I don't run a website,and if I was a competitor then I wouldn't resort to cheap tactics.The 1% fee does NOT get refunded if you are locked in a trade,your guy on support told me that.Im saying if you get LOCKED in a trade,as in the person does not cancel the trade and leaves you in there to wait for the auto-cancel.
Sorry, you got wrong information from our support then. On trade cancelling/dispute won by you you do get full amount back and you can verify the balance movement in your transaction ledger on Paxful.
We have alot of information about trade process and different scenarios on our FAQ page
RoughLyfe (OP)

View Profile
February 11, 2016, 03:46:58 AM

Sorry, you got wrong information from our support then. On trade cancelling/dispute won by you you do get full amount back and you can verify the balance movement in your transaction ledger on Paxful.
We have alot of information about trade process and different scenarios on our FAQ page
Then that would make you a bad service as your support does not even know what they are talking about.You cannot dispute something until after a few hours have pasted and the seller CANNOT cancel a trade.
Sarahiko

Activity: 772

View Profile
July 03, 2016, 05:10:32 PM

look over at my thread for what happened to me today. maybe paxful admin like to explain?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1535352.0

maybe lets start with why was i adviced to lie to paypal and file for a non-authorized transaction, instead of advicing the buyer to refund, or, enforcing your escrow to complete the trade?

sorry, i apologize. i wasn't advised. i was forced. forced to lie to paypal.
honest reviewer

Activity: 2

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2016, 06:53:54 AM

Agree with most other posters above, this site looks like a scam.
Check out the review site paxfulreview.com.
There's no ads, just a review to help the community.
Bitcoin should be a better experience than this.
morantis

Activity: 868
Merit: 503

View Profile
September 12, 2016, 03:20:25 AM

I used it a couple times and it can be legit, depending on how you use it.  It is just like Craigslist, it is a place for buyers and sellers to get together.  They do have a built in escrow, which helps, but security is only as tight as you make it.  Read everything about the payment methods, the user that you are looking at and the site and make sure that you know what you are doing.  The exchange rates can be pretty high, but if you are moving Bitcoins and need it done fast, it can work in a pinch.  I use, when I do use Paxful, the serve2serve payment method.  This acts a lot like Paypal, but there is no way that a fund movement can be disputed. It is a pre-paid American Express card, with a few more perks.  You log into serve and send money to another user via their email address.  The TX is instant or very near instant and once the money is there it cannot be reverse, at least there is nothing in the immediate terms that says it.

1. Make sure that the user that you are trading with is online, orders will auto cancel in a short period of time.

2. Do not release the payment from escrow unless you have full control over the payment you receive.  That means, confirmed, in your account, not pending or anything else.  If you have no idea what the payment method means or how it is possible, skip it.  There are some crazy things in there, like "ATM to Bank of America international currency deposit", that is not one of them, but there are some that sound pretty out there.

3. No matter what website, what system, what user, what country, what ANYTHING.  If you cannot afford to lose money, DO NOT SEND IT.  My girlfriend, years back, tried to buy a car through eBay, was shifting via a scam somewhere else and sent someone the money via Western Union.  She survived the loss and the FBI got the money back years later, but she really needed a car at the time and ended up waiting on more money.  There are transactions that I do everyday through various websites that I would trust to the end of time, but I have also seen exchanges tumble and scam out, banks refuse funds during investigations, businesses that had perfect outward integrity and had operated without fail for tens of years fall apart.  If you and your family depend on a sum of money, in any currency, then never send it along to someone through the internet using a site that you do not personally own. 
dean123

Activity: 38

View Profile
October 04, 2016, 03:13:26 AM

Sorry for my bad english but want say about my paxfull experience
i open 2 trade on paxfull first i buy amazon gift card , seller send me rocketmail gift card with hold one day today  it was cancel i not receive my gift card
on paxfull seller have a lot of positive feedback HOW?
Second trade ask my phone number and say what he send sms for verified
i give phone number and on my phone arrive about 5 sms from GOOOGLE
i give him 3 sms code seller say it wrong but i am not blind code no have mistakes
another code i not say for seller and tell him going to hell
after my paxfuull acount logout and now when i try login again i see it

Your account has been temporarily locked down due to security issues - please contact support at your earliest disposal in order to regain access to it

Grin Grin Grin
zenitzz

View Profile
October 04, 2016, 09:34:49 AM

A friend of mine told me about paxful,it seems like a locabitcoin reskin.I haven't been able to find any vouches that it works,does anyone have any experience with paxful?
I never use paxful.com but my friend are using paxful for buy/sell bitcoin, they are operate like localbitcoins and my friend never complain or tell me if he got problem when trade at there.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: