Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 09:30:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is paxful legit?  (Read 42468 times)
shegazy82

Activity: 125
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 07:12:58 AM

Why you should never use Paxful.

I’ve been a vendor on Paxful for 8 months and today I decided never to use them again. I have always had issues with them that I tried to ignore believing that things will improve with time, but they just keep getting worse.

In summary Paxful made 3 things mistakes that makes me believe anyone in their right minds should avoid them.

1.   Paxful never paid me or any of its’ users their BCH, BTG or any of the forked coins, in fact I have proof Paxful claimed all of these coins for themselves and made millions out of it, if you have a Paxful wallet just put your wallet number on a BCH explorer or similar and see for yourself

2.   Scam networks had been operating on their web page for years and Paxful do support them for reasons I can only speculate. These networks have patterns and behavior that anyone can detect in a minute, why they never take them down is something I don’t get but I believe they are profiting from them

3.   It seems that Paxful disregards all the legislations that make sense such as KYC in order to facilitate the use of fraudulent credit cards, hacked PayPal accounts, and stolen gift cards etc. Whoever dares to report such activity to their biased moderators gets a very bad treatment if they are unlucky not to mass a group of vendors before reporting

In general this company seems to have no owners and is ran by a staff that have no clue what they are doing. They have a cool interface which I like but it’s nothing but a marketing scam and their new projects are covered by 1/100 of the funds they have stolen from their unsuspecting users.

More details and proof will follow.

Bitrated user: saherhegazy.
unelies10

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 05:48:12 PM

Paxful.com is a complete scam. I went to bed with a $388.26 worth of bitcoins in my paxful.com wallet but woke up with $193.24 in my wallet. Apparently a transaction has been done on my account without my knowledge. I contacted support and until this day-no response. I have had many people complain similar experiences with their wallets on paxful.com but i didn't believe it until it happened to me. There is also this thing where you can never win a dispute on paxful.com with the numerous crook sellers on paxful.com if you are a buyer.
arie_pk

Activity: 9

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 10:14:46 AM

I used the site for a while with no problems. I felt secure since I was using Google Authenticator.

One day I decided to withdraw my coins. I copied and pasted my wallet address on their withdraw form, and started the withdrawal. The bitcoins were sent to a different address than the one I have pasted. I am sure that someone from their employees did it, unless the whole thing is a scam.

Do not use this platform. If u have to use it, always use Google Authenticator. And of course, when you withdraw your coins, make sure they are sent to correct address.
kusaka

Activity: 58

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 11:41:43 PM

Why you should never use Paxful.

I’ve been a vendor on Paxful for 8 months and today I decided never to use them again. I have always had issues with them that I tried to ignore believing that things will improve with time, but they just keep getting worse.

In summary Paxful made 3 things mistakes that makes me believe anyone in their right minds should avoid them.

1.   Paxful never paid me or any of its’ users their BCH, BTG or any of the forked coins, in fact I have proof Paxful claimed all of these coins for themselves and made millions out of it, if you have a Paxful wallet just put your wallet number on a BCH explorer or similar and see for yourself

2.   Scam networks had been operating on their web page for years and Paxful do support them for reasons I can only speculate. These networks have patterns and behavior that anyone can detect in a minute, why they never take them down is something I don’t get but I believe they are profiting from them

3.   It seems that Paxful disregards all the legislations that make sense such as KYC in order to facilitate the use of fraudulent credit cards, hacked PayPal accounts, and stolen gift cards etc. Whoever dares to report such activity to their biased moderators gets a very bad treatment if they are unlucky not to mass a group of vendors before reporting

In general this company seems to have no owners and is ran by a staff that have no clue what they are doing. They have a cool interface which I like but it’s nothing but a marketing scam and their new projects are covered by 1/100 of the funds they have stolen from their unsuspecting users.

More details and proof will follow.

Thank you for warning. I'll better be aside of Paxful.
sarijaya4444

Activity: 166

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 02:52:31 AM

SCAM Network on Paxful. Classic SCAM: If you're seller, they're asking you to release bitcoin first. They don't want to pay you. If they do, chargeback will come on PayPal. Tired of Paxful. AVOID  Smiley
4x4et

Activity: 714
Merit: 254

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 11:13:50 PM

PAXFUL is really really shady. i got lucky today cause i got my BTC back from seller sending me non working prepaid card.

Never want to use them again.

CHEAP GOOGLE VOICE ACCOUNTS, TORRENT INVITES, E-BOOKS, AND MANY MORE - PM ME
Acid_Laserz
Copper Member

Activity: 24

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 12:57:05 PM

new seller i found and now support. check it out https://findbits.com/

looks legit from the start

FINDBITS ⚡ P2P MARKETPLACE ⚡
BUY BITCOIN PRIVATELY AND SECURELY
WITH GIFT CARDS | WITH CASH DEPOSITS | WITH ONLINE TRANSFERS
daisocuc

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 08:29:48 AM

I bought my very first bitcoins using paxful and no issues so far
smartbitcoininvestor

Activity: 652
Merit: 257

View Profile
December 29, 2018, 02:32:08 AM

Paxful is definitely legit and boasts the most payment methods out of all the platforms. Paxful is based in New York which has its own regulations for cryptocurrency exchanges.

Purchasing Bitcoin with a credit card or debit card on Paxful is extremely simple and only requires a 1% fee. The only similar competitor in terms of payment methods would be LocalBitcoins, however, they only serve Bitcoin buyers and sellers.

Overall, the Paxful exchange is one of the best and offers an exorbitant amount of options for those who are serious about buying Bitcoin.  Read review.

Some methods of payment include:

Cash in Person
Check
PayPal
ApplePay
American Express
Chase QuickPay
Venmo
Credit card
Debit card
Bank transfer
Nigeria bank transfer
Amazon gift card
Apple gift card
jerry0

Activity: 1736
Merit: 186

View Profile
January 08, 2019, 08:38:59 PM

Could you sell btc for bank transfer in paxful though?  Wait so its basically like localbitcoin then?  So if you receive paypal or any reversible method, then you are at risk?

Im curious but are there any services or sites that pay you out in bank transfer or paypal but its legit paypal for btc?  I know you could sell btc for bank transfer in coinbase etc but what are the other options?
jeanne_paxful

View Profile
March 11, 2019, 10:56:00 AM

Hi everyone! Paxful is definitely legit! We have 4 offices across the globe and though we are similar to local bitcoins, we're not a reskin. You can check our stats here: https://coin.dance/volume/paxful

I saw a lot of the conversations here and I apologize our colleagues haven't been able to reply but I'm here to help however I can.  Cheesy However, I won't be able to say much about account concerns as this is solely managed by the customer support team (for security reasons). Feel free to reach out to them via help@paxful.com.

Thanks all!
jwlwilliam

View Profile
September 07, 2019, 10:54:07 PM

I have been using Paxful since July 2019. I had a guy teach me about how to do deals on amazon and earn bitcoin. I was so happy to learn because i have been wanting to earn bitcoin. As of today September 2019, I have lost over $2000 on Paxful. The first problem is that most people don't realize amazon has many rules that will block you from your account and lock up the gift cards you bought on Paxful. You will have no way of knowing if its because of a chargeback or something you bought on amazon that is a booby trap item like digital gift cards that will get you locked out of your account just for purchasing them….. even using a higher denomination card like a $500-$1000 dollar card will get your Amazon account locked and you money stolen by Amazon…even using your amazon gift cards to make purchases while traveling can lock up your funds or forgetting to turn off your VPN when making a purchase can result in your money being locked away from you by Amazon. The point is you can't even know who to blame and it can be a financial nightmare. Most scams are pretty obvious but I was scammed buying prepaid gift cards with BTC because if you don't spend the card right away the buyer can get your bitcoin payment and spend the card so you get nothing, and how can Paxful know who spent what so disputes are ignored by Paxful. I recently started trading through digital wallets which are an equal nightmare to gift cards. I was selling bitcoin for Google Pay and I received $500 USD to my Google Pay account from a trade with one of Paxful’s many scam artist and released the bitcoin and the scammer simply canceled the payment on google pay and my bitcoin is stolen. I can easily prove this but still nothing will be done by Paxful to retrieve your stolen bitcoin…And you can prove that this is happening all the time on Paxful.. but the attitude of Paxful is that you didn't do your due diligence and it's your fault for lack of experience and the only way to get better is to lose your money and learn how not to be scammed. See this is the thing at I think Paxful need to help its community with. Instead of letting these scams happen they could at least write some procedures to make it so an inexperienced trader can read about what to do to protect themselves beforehand to being scammed…This learning the hard way just seems malevolent. I mean how does anyone know that google pay can send money and then take it right back. Scammers know, so they target new traders all day long on paxful…scammers are so empowered by this. And honest sellers of bitcoin just keep getting screwed. Ray Youssef this seems to be the only article about the types of scams that go on all the time on Paxful but there are no real instructions on how to avoid them especially if your new to Paxful. I just think that it's a shame… and it has boldened and empowered scammers on Paxful to the point where it's getting out of hand. I would say 90% or more of the trades new vendors have to deal with are scams…I don't think honest traders stand a chance on Paxful. Especially with Amazon granting its self permission to steal the gift cards balances from its own customers and Amazon Gift Cards are the top cards trading on Paxful for bitcoin. These are large companies looting the little guy. Amazon is a very immoral company in how they have decided to profit in this way by bullying and stealing from the Paxful and bitcoin community and its no small amount that has been stolen by Amazon. Paxful I wish you could make traders aware of this and condemn Amazon for profiting from the theft of gift card balances from its customers. 
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: