Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 06:30:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: An example of why you probably don't want to waste your time on "johnniewalker"  (Read 4689 times)
TECSHARE (OP)
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2013, 12:11:20 AM

So tech I have been guilty of this shit with you as well. ofcourse I cannot say I'm like shitty scotch over there makeing shit moves in how he presens his trades.

My 2 cents is when I dealt with you it was kinda scary. I had lost a few coin in a deal prior abd really started to follow the DTA(Don't trust anyone) rule of crypto currency investments abd trades.

I boxed up the silver. had your boxholder info attached and was ready to ship out. I then was sent an email by another fourm.member and BTC-E user who gave me an address with a name attached to it. furthermore he had offered escrow.

instead of saying anything like I should've I just vanished from the deal. Anyway long story short if this young man felt anything like I did. I'm sure the fear was there. and I'm sure it was pretty hardend fear.

your approach seems to be the same with him as it was me. straight to the point. nothing wrong with it by any means. but yes is very easy to say until the conditions are shown.

it has taken me a moment of my time to understand why you do that. I can understand not sending the coin first because hell. some people think they have a mint in silver and they really don't. also if that wher the case in an escrow trade you still pay the fee even if the trade bunks.

I apologize for my deal going nowhere months ago. and hope that maybe this attitude he's shown you is not reflective of who he is. because your right if he is truely just an ass and not truely.scared. that's a problem for this.community NOT a solution

You don't have any reason to apologize. You didn't like my terms and you moved on. Nothing wrong with that. To be perfectly honest I had forgotten about it. Thank you for acknowledging my point about trading in silver. I have this policy of asking people to send first for a reason. Even if a seller is honest, he could unknowingly be holding fake silver. There are also issues such as the post office losing it, unreported damage to the item, etc, the list can go on. I don't want to be left with that bag in my hand, and I am willing to wait until I find some one who will give me the assurance of inspection before I pay. Some of you might find that unreasonable, but its easy to be casual with other people's money.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
paraipan
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: 1pirata

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2013, 01:10:52 AM

Talking silver, you guys remind me of an older thread we had around these parts about a gigantic physical bitcoin and the famous yap stones.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/money/2011/02/15/131934618/the-island-of-stone-money

BTCitcoin: An Idea Worth Saving - Q&A with bitcoins on rugatu.com - Check my rep
johnniewalker
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 04, 2013, 05:50:13 AM

I have dealt with Johnniewalker and it was a pleasant experience and it went smooth with no hiccups and the communication was stellar. 

Techshare - I think you are out of line making a thread like this for someone who is a metals seller just like you.  This does benefit you and by reading your OP, it looks like you wanted to deal with him but didn't trust him enough to send first.  That is no reason to post on here, tarnishing his reputation.

Sure he has made some mistakes but he is learning and didn't try and scam then cut and run.  I think you should delete your OP and lock this thread and chance the subject.  We should act like gentlemen on here and care about others reputations like you would hope we would care about yours.

Dalkore
Thanks Dalkore. I did send that message-when I noticed Tecshare made this thread just to knock me. I'd hardly dealt with the guy, don't know why he's got a stick up his ass.
TECSHARE (OP)
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2013, 06:39:41 AM
Last edit: January 04, 2013, 09:13:38 AM by TECSHARE

I have dealt with Johnniewalker and it was a pleasant experience and it went smooth with no hiccups and the communication was stellar.  

Techshare - I think you are out of line making a thread like this for someone who is a metals seller just like you.  This does benefit you and by reading your OP, it looks like you wanted to deal with him but didn't trust him enough to send first.  That is no reason to post on here, tarnishing his reputation.

Sure he has made some mistakes but he is learning and didn't try and scam then cut and run.  I think you should delete your OP and lock this thread and chance the subject.  We should act like gentlemen on here and care about others reputations like you would hope we would care about yours.

Dalkore
Thanks Dalkore. I did send that message-when I noticed Tecshare made this thread just to knock me. I'd hardly dealt with the guy, don't know why he's got a stick up his ass.

You don't see the clear pattern of you yourself refusing to let it go and me obliging you? Try it, who knows maybe people might stop posting. Or you could just keep bumping this thread to the top.
johnniewalker
Legendary

View Profile
January 04, 2013, 10:02:12 AM

Aaaaand the battle for the last word begins. Go ahead, you can have it.
TECSHARE (OP)
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2013, 11:32:08 AM

You really don't get it do you. The fact is you don't need me to tear you down, you do it yourself. Good luck figuring this place out.
vampire

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 04, 2013, 01:12:20 PM

I bought some silver from johnniewalker - no problem. Arrived super quick.
KWH
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1045

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
January 04, 2013, 01:53:54 PM

You really don't get it do you. The fact is you don't need me to tear you down, you do it yourself. Good luck figuring this place out.

This may help, so I hear:

Seriously, let it go already.

When the subject of buying BTC with Paypal comes up, I often remember this: 

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein
grue
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1431

View Profile
January 06, 2013, 03:24:36 AM

This discussion was dead, you just revived it.  As far as I have seen so far you have done more than your fair share of shit talking. Maybe less is in order. After all isn't this how you got here in the first place?
so 3 days is considered dead? Roll Eyes

It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Adblock for annoying signature ads | Enhanced Merit UI
BlackLilac Jordan

Activity: 163
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 06, 2013, 07:04:30 AM

Got bored about 30% through the messages, but the jist is that you wanted a vendor to send you a product before your paid for it? He also offered to use escrow. You are bitching because he simply refused that? What is the issue here? Sounds like you are the one wasting time.
TECSHARE (OP)
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2013, 10:17:54 AM

Now hes in my selling thread.... How much clearer should I make it that i want nothing to do with you regardless of your excuses to continue to make contact with me? The solution is simple: don't contact me, don't post in my threads. Problem solved.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=58518.msg1533415#msg1533415
TECSHARE (OP)
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2013, 12:26:08 AM

Got bored about 30% through the messages, but the jist is that you wanted a vendor to send you a product before your paid for it? He also offered to use escrow. You are bitching because he simply refused that? What is the issue here? Sounds like you are the one wasting time.

Vernon715

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 20, 2013, 12:38:59 AM

Wait who is the child, You or Johnnie who ever?

Please donate: 1FfJzfpGCXD6saKqmMs8W1qt9wouhA98Mj

http://bitcoinpyramid.com/r/1642

johnniewalker
Legendary

View Profile
February 20, 2013, 04:45:38 AM

It's him. I wouldn't send him my coins before I received payment for them, and he wouldn't do escrow. I offered to do things on his terms in a smaller-scale transaction and he took my messages out of context and made this thread. As you can see, he is not held in very high regard on here. That's why I stopped even bothering to read this thread. I just noticed it and looked now cause its a rather old one, I wanted to see who revived it.
OrangeVonPurple

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 25, 2013, 12:29:35 PM

The best posts on this thread are from KWH. You, sir, win
KWH
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1045

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
February 25, 2013, 04:01:16 PM

The best posts on this thread are from KWH. You, sir, win

Thank you sir, just trying to keep it real and inject a little humor in a few threads.

When the subject of buying BTC with Paypal comes up, I often remember this: 

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein
TECSHARE (OP)
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2013, 04:23:58 AM

It's him. I wouldn't send him my coins before I received payment for them, and he wouldn't do escrow. I offered to do things on his terms in a smaller-scale transaction and he took my messages out of context and made this thread. As you can see, he is not held in very high regard on here. That's why I stopped even bothering to read this thread. I just noticed it and looked now cause its a rather old one, I wanted to see who revived it.

How many times did I politely tell you I was not interested before all of this? Also, once again nothing was taken out of context. The entire PM history is there. To take something out of context I would have to remove something. Since it is all there the context is intact.
baggyp

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 28, 2013, 04:58:24 AM

This is fucking ridiculous and you both should be ashamed of your conduct. TECHSHARE, you are being a bully to the kid, regardless of your issues with the way things went down, myself and most of the others here who read what you posted think you took things a bit out of context and made a mountain out of a molehill.

That being said, JohnnieWalker, if you want to be accepted as a legit trader in valuable goods like precious metals and bitcoins, be true to your word, be polite and most importantly, don't spin a tale of your personal woes. We all have shit man, no one gives a fuck over the internet. We have all been taken advantage of too many times or seen it happen too often to believe or care. I don't think you deserved this crazy ass tantrum post, but you need to man up and be a professional if you want to be taken seriously.
OrangeVonPurple

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 28, 2013, 04:37:53 PM

^^^^^
What he said.
amagimetals

Activity: 519
Merit: 501

:|: AmagiMetals :|: AnthemGold :|: HERC :|:

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2013, 04:42:43 PM

We don't name our customers, however johnniewalker has openly admitted to purchasing from us in the past on these forums. I'm not sure what kind of experience you have had, but he has been an excellent repeat customer with us.

AmagiMetals.com is a global eCommerce precious metals retailer and advocates for free markets, free choice, financial responsibility, and sound money.
Join us on: Facebook - Twitter - Google Plus
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: