Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 09:32:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Will There be a Flippening This Year?  (Voting closed: February 22, 2016, 02:03:01 PM)
Yes - 0 (0%)
No - 0 (0%)
Maybe - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 0

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ethereum Price Speculation  (Read 15645 times)
Sark

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 07:44:00 PM

Who is actually spending their bitcoin on eth when you can hold btc instead? Are people currently buying straight into it from fiat or are they giving up precious btc in order to board the eth train? At this point in time i wouldnt dare move my bitcoin into something like that.

It seems like a lot of the volume is traders looking to hedge some Bitcoin positions. Volume is fairly low for Eth though - which is very different from their previous run ups where we saw big spikes in ETH/BTC volume. Mostly it is just that Eth holders are not selling at all while Bitcoin runs up, so they are both going up in terms of fiat.

Honestly, it is the macro economic situation that is the main driver. People are nervous about holding fiat (USD, EUR and CNY all have major issues). Gold, bitcoin and eth are all looking like good bets in comparison.
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
helloeverybody
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2016, 07:53:02 PM

I wouldn't mind hedging a bit in eth since i sold all my mined coins already for way less but there's no way in giving up any bitcoin to do i,   so looks like im staying full btc.  Tongue

EastSound

Activity: 1377
Merit: 268

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 07:57:01 PM

I wouldn't mind hedging a bit in eth since i sold all my mined coins already for way less but there's no way in giving up any bitcoin to do i,   so looks like im staying full btc.  Tongue

I am different. I am still mining the Etheruem. But I sell some for bitcoin and keep some, just in case the price explode.
Sark

Activity: 140

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 08:03:04 PM

Its funny, because I would like to build a bigger Bitcoin position, but there I don't feel like I want to give up my ETH to do it since I think there is more potential there Wink

Its all good though - I think it is a very positive thing for crypto to have two viable high volume coins.
helloeverybody
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2016, 08:10:06 PM

I am different. I am still mining the Etheruem. But I sell some for bitcoin and keep some, just in case the price explode.

I am still mining also but i think it's been 7  weeks now since i hit a block so I'm giving it up as soon as i hit the next block.

Its funny, because I would like to build a bigger Bitcoin position, but there I don't feel like I want to give up my ETH to do it since I think there is more potential there Wink

Its all good though - I think it is a very positive thing for crypto to have two viable high volume coins.

I never thought of it being the other way round lol,  good for both i suppose.

shyliar

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 17, 2016, 01:36:42 AM

Interesting article about a found vulnerability in the DAO and an apparently wide spread problem with various ethereum developers work. You would think it would affect price in the negative direction; but, the opposite happens.

http://www.coindesk.com/leaderless-dao-put-test-following-reported-ethereum-vulnerability/
Blazin8888

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 17, 2016, 01:58:51 AM

DGD is severely undervalued and when listed on POLONIEX it will multiply in value.
Ethey

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 17, 2016, 02:00:06 AM

Oh my got and i sold over hundres of them on 9.$ Cheesy Cheesy  Cry

tokeweed (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3948
Merit: 1408

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
June 17, 2016, 08:09:58 AM

ETH has been trending really well vs fiat and seems to be seeing a $2 billion market cap on the horizon.  This is probably due to a 'sympathetic rise' all because BTC is rising.  As we've seen time and time again, when BTC rises, most of crypto rises too vs fiat.

But I think it would be wise not to touch your BTC, if you already are holding that to limit your risk vs fiat.  But if you want to profit in BTC, ETH/BTC isn't trending yet.  So it's a wait and see in the sidelines for now.

If you're into fiat profit, the entry point, or at least my entry point in ETH was at 12.50 - 13.00 as I mentioned weeks ago.  The first time it broke 12.50 - 13.00, I got in but got stopped out days later due to a dump.  Then again, it broke above 12.50 - 13.00 again so I got in, and I'm still holding ETH for the time being.

Finally, I want to ask what you guys think.  Will ETH reach and go beyond $2 billion in market cap?

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
helloeverybody
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2016, 08:45:10 AM

ETH has been trending really well vs fiat and seems to be seeing a $2 billion market cap on the horizon.  This is probably due to a 'sympathetic rise' all because BTC is rising.  As we've seen time and time again, when BTC rises, most of crypto rises too vs fiat.

But I think it would be wise not to touch your BTC, if you already are holding that to limit your risk vs fiat.  But if you want to profit in BTC, ETH/BTC isn't trending yet.  So it's a wait and see in the sidelines for now.

If you're into fiat profit, the entry point, or at least my entry point in ETH was at 12.50 - 13.00 as I mentioned weeks ago.  The first time it broke 12.50 - 13.00, I got in but got stopped out days later due to a dump.  Then again, it broke above 12.50 - 13.00 again so I got in, and I'm still holding ETH for the time being.

Finally, I want to ask what you guys think.  Will ETH reach and go beyond $2 billion in market cap?

Its good that eth has gone up and all but surely everyone sees that eth is not supposed to be at that value if it's too be used the way it was intended,  the price has been purely speculative and once it begins to get used properly the price is going to plummet down to sensible prices so eth can actually be used properly.  With the supply it has its simply not going to be as highly priced as bitcoin because it's not supposed to be.

tokeweed (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 18, 2016, 12:58:38 AM

Just completed all my sells of ETH.  Although I didn't lose anything in fiat value, I may have lost a bit in BTC value.  Because if I held all BTC instead of holding some ETH, I might have gained a little bit in fiat value.  I'll check later again if it is so.

This is one of the times where I didn't follow my trading rules and actually panicked.

Now the game plan is to look into shorting ETH.  It looks ripe for the picking.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
densuj
Legendary

Activity: 910

View Profile
June 18, 2016, 01:12:43 AM

My opinion price of ethereum is going down, because of efect of DAO but it is just short time then it will become sideaway before the price of ethereum going up.
BitUsher
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1034

View Profile
June 18, 2016, 04:38:33 AM

tokeweed (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 18, 2016, 06:00:23 AM

My opinion price of ethereum is going down, because of efect of DAO but it is just short time then it will become sideaway before the price of ethereum going up.

But imo, no one should risk holding ETH right now.  Perception is everything in crypto since it's all taken in with doubt at this point.  So the better move is to be on the safe side and wait on the side line.  The best move is to take a small position and go short.  There's no use in increasing your downside volatility by holding ETH. It's all written all over that it is going to fall...  In fact it is falling.  Why would a trader want to go long on that?

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
bobmarley650
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 18, 2016, 08:27:29 AM

Eth~~~~ 0.0173

bobbtc@protonmail.com / Working day and night
sadasa

Activity: 446
Merit: 250

Unpaid signature.

View Profile
June 18, 2016, 09:21:47 AM

Bitcoin is going to implement SegWit soon. That will involve may coding, there could be problem. If it happen, people will come back to Etheruem.

B2

BitDouble.io

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
CryR

Activity: 210

kcin obazs

View Profile
June 18, 2016, 10:35:20 AM

0.5 1 USD before 2017. Cheesy
helloeverybody
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2016, 10:47:01 AM

In all the panic from yesterday i was actually going to buy a few eth at around 0.021 last night in the hope that by this morning it would have shot back up to 0.027 but looks like its lucky i never. Looks as though eth might be heading on a downwards spiral if people keep dumping their coins. Nice to watch from the sidelines though, anything could happen still.

Zitdadast

Activity: 312
Merit: 250

LTC fan 4ever

View Profile
June 18, 2016, 10:53:32 AM

In all the panic from yesterday i was actually going to buy a few eth at around 0.021 last night in the hope that by this morning it would have shot back up to 0.027 but looks like its lucky i never. Looks as though eth might be heading on a downwards spiral if people keep dumping their coins. Nice to watch from the sidelines though, anything could happen still.

I have some limit order set at 0.015. It might be filled in the next few days. If it does not get filled, Etheruem has some hope.
helloeverybody
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2016, 10:59:31 AM

I have some limit order set at 0.015. It might be filled in the next few days. If it does not get filled, Etheruem has some hope.

I was going to set a limit order at 0.015 as well since thats what price i originally sold out at and was a bit gutted when it went up to 0.03 or wherever it went  but then after some thought on the matter i decided that if the price did happen to drop down to 0.015 then chances are its going to continue to drop and id end up just being a bag holder. hence i decided against buying any at all =p

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: