Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 03:30:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Will There be a Flippening This Year?  (Voting closed: February 22, 2016, 02:03:01 PM)
Yes - 0 (0%)
No - 0 (0%)
Maybe - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 0

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ethereum Price Speculation  (Read 15645 times)
EastSound

Activity: 1377
Merit: 268

View Profile
July 13, 2016, 07:29:07 AM

After the Hard Fork the price may go down for a while, them it will come up again as there are many big players that we don't imagine on it.

That could happen. It depends on the Ethereum community support. If people still support it, the price will go up.
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BigSirko

Activity: 201
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 13, 2016, 07:38:23 AM

I reckon there are enough useful idiots to keep this way above $600 million for the forseeable future.  Bitcoin has not seen $1250 since MtGox from 2013, and sites like Google trends indicates it's less popular today, and yet it's still kicking at $600-something.

I would not underestimate the "network" effect to keep a legacy coin going.  After all no innovation no development no community no users Litecoin is still worth more than most alternates.
BitUsher
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1034

View Profile
July 13, 2016, 01:37:46 PM

http://coinjournal.net/smart-contract-disasters-may-inevitable-ethereum/

Inevitable disasters to come
EastSound

View Profile
July 14, 2016, 06:57:01 PM

I reckon there are enough useful idiots to keep this way above $600 million for the forseeable future.  Bitcoin has not seen $1250 since MtGox from 2013, and sites like Google trends indicates it's less popular today, and yet it's still kicking at $600-something.

I would not underestimate the "network" effect to keep a legacy coin going.  After all no innovation no development no community no users Litecoin is still worth more than most alternates.

There is a possibility that the bitcoin will see $1500 some time next year. If the Etheruem is not dead next year, the price will be $100.
BitUsher
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1034

View Profile
July 15, 2016, 02:35:25 PM

Introducing Ethereum Classic

https://github.com/ethereumclassic/README

This coin has a very contentions and rough future ahead and will split.
thanhswp

Activity: 118
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 16, 2016, 04:33:29 AM

anybody have info about ETH hardfork Huh today ETH drop again  Huh
BigSirko

View Profile
July 16, 2016, 06:09:50 AM

There is a possibility that the bitcoin will see $1500 some time next year. If the Etheruem is not dead next year, the price will be $100.

What?!

Doesn't sounds you read what I wrote.  Bitcoin has yet to recover to MtGox $1250.  Just like Ethereum hasn't recovered to $19 DAO.  Price speculations above ATH are rather pointless, especially when we have metrics available like "Google Trends" suggesting Bitcoin has lost popularity since 2013. 
Factmine

Activity: 310
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 16, 2016, 07:36:14 AM

Price speculations above ATH are rather pointless, especially when we have metrics available like "Google Trends" suggesting Bitcoin has lost popularity since 2013. 

The bitcoin market cap has risen a lot over the last two years, it is almost all time high. I believe it will reach ATH some time next year.
BigSirko

View Profile
July 16, 2016, 07:40:51 AM

Price speculations above ATH are rather pointless, especially when we have metrics available like "Google Trends" suggesting Bitcoin has lost popularity since 2013.  

The bitcoin market cap has risen a lot over the last two years, it is almost all time high. I believe it will reach ATH some time next year.

$664 Bitcoin is not "almost" $1250.  Bitcoin is only 53.12% of its' ATH back in December 2013.   Grin

Bitcoin is never going up past $1250 because the MtGox news was mainstream and its' fallout was very destructive.  Time will tell about Ethereum's DAO but I suspect people won't forget about $150 million being put at risk.  Move on to better projects and I don't mean Steemit which also got hacked too.
bbc.reporter
Legendary

Activity: 2926
Merit: 1440

View Profile
July 16, 2016, 08:08:33 AM

$664 Bitcoin is not "almost" $1250.  Bitcoin is only 53.12% of its' ATH back in December 2013.   Grin

Bitcoin is never going up past $1250 because the MtGox news was mainstream and its' fallout was very destructive.  Time will tell about Ethereum's DAO but I suspect people won't forget about $150 million being put at risk.  Move on to better projects and I don't mean Steemit which also got hacked too.

Yes all the hacking is destroying the reputation of different altcoins and platforms causing to lose their value. But this is also good because now we know that they are not secure. So now I am wondering what your suggestions are for better projects to move on to. Do you think Ardor is aomething we should be following? It has caught my eye lately.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
BigSirko

View Profile
July 16, 2016, 08:46:56 AM

Yes all the hacking is destroying the reputation of different altcoins and platforms causing to lose their value. But this is also good because now we know that they are not secure. So now I am wondering what your suggestions are for better projects to move on to. Do you think Ardor is aomething we should be following? It has caught my eye lately.

Security can be destructive for reputation.  Marketable security will probably take years and require zero-incident history.  When the market is all about <6 months movements, you have to essentially buy something (perhaps Ardor), hold for years and pray there will be no breeches.

EastSound

View Profile
July 18, 2016, 08:20:12 AM

Security can be destructive for reputation.  Marketable security will probably take years and require zero-incident history.  When the market is all about <6 months movements, you have to essentially buy something (perhaps Ardor), hold for years and pray there will be no breeches.

The $1200 price was a very big bubble. The 200 day moving average price was much lower than that value.
miayama

Activity: 358

View Profile
July 18, 2016, 10:53:59 AM

I think the Ethereum could rise if there is a big concensus of the mining community that they support the hard fork.
Factmine

Activity: 310

View Profile
July 20, 2016, 07:27:14 AM

I think the Ethereum could rise if there is a big concensus of the mining community that they support the hard fork.

Many big pools have decided to accept the hard fork due to the vote by the miners. So hard fork could happen.
EastSound

View Profile
July 20, 2016, 08:22:08 PM

The price of the Ethereum is rising at the moment. So the hard fork is quite successful and the funds will be returned.
tokeweed (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3948
Merit: 1408

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
July 21, 2016, 05:19:35 AM

The price of the Ethereum is rising at the moment. So the hard fork is quite successful and the funds will be returned.

That remains to be seen.  But if you mean that in a way that there were no technical problems, then yes.  It's good.  But in the longer term it's still arguable what the impact of something like this on the platform.  I guess it will take another serious highly rated project to exploit by the attacker.  Let's see what the founders do then.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
helloeverybody
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2016, 06:14:07 AM

Even if the hard fork turns out to be successful in the next few days which im sure there wont be any technical problems due to the fork, the main problem is the amount of people that will have lost faith in ethereum forever now. Even if price recovers completely i would be hesitant to ever buy into it since the hardfork basically made the decentralisation pointless. Just imagine if we voted to delete satoshis coins, there would be many dramas and such a thing shouldnt be done especially since the "hacker" didnt technnically do anything wrong.

miayama

Activity: 358

View Profile
July 21, 2016, 11:26:17 AM

Even if the hard fork turns out to be successful in the next few days which im sure there wont be any technical problems due to the fork, the main problem is the amount of people that will have lost faith in ethereum forever now. Even if price recovers completely i would be hesitant to ever buy into it since the hardfork basically made the decentralisation pointless. Just imagine if we voted to delete satoshis coins, there would be many dramas and such a thing shouldnt be done especially since the "hacker" didnt technnically do anything wrong.

What is the reasonable price of Ethereum after the hard fork? I think it could be $15 due to the dump of the DAO ethereum.
BitcoinNewsMagazine
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1164

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2016, 12:10:15 PM

The free market determines the reasonable price, and it looks like the hard fork was priced in before it happened. You do not see investors who were refunded dumping their Ether so far. The price of Ether even rose immediately after the hard fork.

bbc.reporter
Legendary

Activity: 2926
Merit: 1440

View Profile
July 21, 2016, 12:31:52 PM

The free market determines the reasonable price, and it looks like the hard fork was priced in before it happened. You do not see investors who were refunded dumping their Ether so far. The price of Ether even rose immediately after the hard fork.

That is because most of the ethers invested came from the people from the Ethereum Foundation and their insider friends. Why do you think there was a hard fork in the first place? Also it is against their self interest to dump those ethers now. But I feel sorry for them because their original plan with the DAO is not doable anymore whatever that plan is.

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███