Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 09:47:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Child Uses Fathers Assault Rifle To Defend Against Home Invaders  (Read 3096 times)
Bitware (OP)

Activity: 926
Merit: 1001

weaving spiders come not here

View Profile
December 29, 2012, 10:18:17 PM
Last edit: June 26, 2013, 04:03:24 AM by Bitware

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQg0SD_AT-k

I dont support lowering gun crime by banning or limiting our firearms choices.

I do not want my children to be a gradually lowered gun crime statistic.

I want them alive and protected.

Guns do this.

In every country that has outlawed guns, there have been dramatic rises in violent crimes.

I guess I am selfish. I want the people I love alive, and if the people who try to harm them -or me - get killed, thats the breaks. If they kill other innocents who failed to prepare, its a terrible tragedy and I will mourn their loss, but its a cold hard world. Sorry. Prepare next time... with a gun and training.

psssst ... for most, there is no next time.

myrkul

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2012, 10:20:44 PM

But... but... assault rifles are eeeeviiiil!

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
dotcom

Activity: 354
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 30, 2012, 03:13:22 AM

msnbc told me so
Binford 6100

Activity: 504

PGP OTC WOT: EB7FCE3D

View Profile
December 30, 2012, 03:27:06 AM

In every country that has outlawed guns, there have been dramatic rises in violent crimes.

source? (please)

You can't build a reputation on what you are going to do.
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2012, 03:28:37 AM

source? (please)

I don't think anyone in the US Govt is planning on outlawing guns, are they?

Bitcoin network and pool analysis 12QxPHEuxDrs7mCyGSx1iVSozTwtquDB3r
follow @oocBlog for new post notifications
myrkul

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2012, 07:06:13 AM

source? (please)

More Guns, Less Crime - John Lott

No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2012, 08:22:52 AM

source? (please)

Tyrants who effectively have no check on their power or the amount of heinous criminal acts they can get away with? No, never in a million years would they ever plan mass disarmament, enabling genocide.

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
myrkul

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2012, 08:50:42 AM

Tyrants who effectively have no check on their power or the amount of heinous criminal acts they can get away with? No, never in a million years would they ever plan mass disarmament, enabling genocide.

Plan to disarm the US? Probably not this time around. But boy, they surely would love to. And if they can get enough public support, drum up enough fear, they might try. To which, Jefferson responds:  "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."

"The security of a free state" doesn't just mean from foreign enemies. It's precisely that which the founders intended to prevent with the second amendment, and it's precisely to that end that they have largely defanged it. I don't want to sound like a crackpot, here, and I certainly don't think that anyone in the government wants to commit democide. Probably, they just want their job to be easier. Enforcing laws is obviously easier on a disarmed populace. Unfortunately, so is democide. So is oppression. So is tyranny.

organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2013, 08:17:48 AM

source? (please)

Sure, but the US?

DPony13

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 05, 2013, 08:28:49 AM

Everything is what you make it.

Things like guns, which are actually bad
can be used to do something morally good.

EndTheFed123, if you had just taken the money it wouldn't have ended like this Sad
BTW this hasn't been the real DPony13 since he "came back", I just hacked this account, SirLolicon is the real DPony13 I think.
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2013, 08:32:39 AM

Everything is what you make it.

Things like guns, which are actually bad
can be used to do something morally good.

The same can be said for nukes, drugs, and morally bad people. This is not in dispute. The dispute is whether the risk of allowing widespread access to guns in a given community outweighs the benefits.

TheButterZone
Legendary

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2013, 08:58:28 AM

source? (please)

Sure, but the US?

What makes the tyrants who effectively have no check on their power or the amount of heinous criminal acts they can get away with that run the U.S. government so special that they couldn't possibly want to bathe in billions of litres of innocent blood? All these "gun free zone" massacres (that the government itself enables) are just appetizers.

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2013, 09:07:14 AM

source? (please)

Sure, but the US?

What makes the tyrants who effectively have no check on their power or the amount of heinous criminal acts they can get away with that run the U.S. government so special that they couldn't possibly want to bathe in billions of litres of innocent blood? All these "gun free zone" massacres (that the government itself enables) are just appetizers.

Interesting thought, but what makes you think that the US is at risk of becoming a tyranny? Do you have any sources you could share?

TheButterZone
Legendary

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2013, 09:26:00 AM

"At risk?" LOL

organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2013, 09:28:06 AM

"At risk?" LOL

I guess your definition of "tyranny" and and everyone else's is somewhat different. Could you explain more about what you mean?

TheButterZone
Legendary

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2013, 10:37:49 AM

"everyone else's"

Yes, "everyone else" in the world, (all 7,057,645,823 estimated people, with just me subtracted) sees zero tyranny whatsoever in the U.S.
Just puppies and rainbows.

LOL

organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2013, 10:42:20 AM

"everyone else's"

Yes, "everyone else" in the world, (all 7,057,645,823 estimated people, with just me subtracted) sees zero tyranny whatsoever in the U.S.
Just puppies and rainbows.

LOL

You really think that the US is at risk of becoming a dictatorship? Why, and who do you think the dictator is likely to be?

TheButterZone
Legendary

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2013, 10:59:31 AM

So, you won't respond to what I'm actually saying.

/ignore

organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2013, 11:13:05 AM

So, you won't respond to what I'm actually saying.

/ignore

I have been trying to understand what your response to my comment is. Clearly I'm not doing well, so could you reply in a clear way? I'm not much of a one for riddles.

The question was:

"what makes you think that the US is at risk of becoming a tyranny? Do you have any sources you could share"

myrkul

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2013, 05:22:36 PM

"what makes you think that the US is at risk of becoming a tyranny? Do you have any sources you could share"

And the answer was that it's not at risk. It already is. The president can kill US citizens, without any more due process than his say-so, inside or outside the borders. He can pass any law he so chooses, with those "executive orders." If that doesn't make it a tyranny, I don't know what does. Do you think that just because we pick a new El Presidente every 4 or 8 years, that makes it not a dictatorship?

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: