Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 04:08:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New trader looking for resources  (Read 779 times)
C4Crawford (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 30, 2012, 01:30:19 AM

Hello everyone!

I'm just getting into Bitcoin, and looking to trade it actively in time. Given the nature of the currency and community, it seems that a trustworthy reputation will go a long way, and a big part of that is consistency. So I have registered this nickname on the services that seem most useful: localbitcoins, here, and #bitcoin-otc. Are there any sites or services that I'm missing that would be useful to a US-based trader?

And of course, if anyone has some basic pointers for a newbie I'd be glad to hear them Smiley

Thanks!
RyNinDaCleM
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1009

Legen -wait for it- dary

View Profile
December 30, 2012, 01:43:08 AM

-Heatware for hardware transactions (Not directly Bitcoin related, but a good rep/feedback based site)

Build trust by being active and helpful in the community. Until you establish trust, offer to take the risk side of trades (sending first) but at the same time, only deal with reputable members to minimize that risk.

Find/create an idea/service/product "we can't live without" and sell it to help create a name for yourself.

And, Welcome to the forums!  Smiley

C4Crawford (OP)

View Profile
December 30, 2012, 04:45:41 AM

Thanks for the advice!

Taking the risk side initially is definitely a good thing for me to remember.

As to creating something "we can't live without" and selling it, I think that's a little beyond me at this point. I have noticed very few active traders in my area, so I am hoping to become a reliable, local point of entry for people in Cleveland into the bitcoin markets. I have some experience in financial services and banking, so I think it's a natural fit. After all, the easier we make it for people to obtain and use the currency, the more likely it is to be adopted for transactional use!
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2012, 08:17:13 AM

Check out my article here: http://beeteecee.com/100

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1227

Away on an extended break

View Profile
December 30, 2012, 08:40:07 AM

Don't forget the use of escrow during the first few trades. Once you establish yourself as a permanent trader with no intention of running, you can ease off to regular trade easily. 
Endgame

Activity: 412
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 30, 2012, 10:10:25 AM

If you're going to be trading, reddit is becoming pretty useful for following the latest bitcoin news. The same info can generally be found on this forum however you need to know where to look.
C4Crawford (OP)

View Profile
December 30, 2012, 05:24:41 PM

Thanks for all the info, gents!

@TheButterZone: that article is extremely helpful! I've bookmarked several of those sites, they look very useful.

@John: can you recommend any escrow services? My limited searching here has turned up community members and members of #bitcoin-OTC who will serve as escrow, but are there any reputable third-party services that do this as well? It's always good to have options.
RyNinDaCleM
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1009

Legen -wait for it- dary

View Profile
December 30, 2012, 05:30:07 PM

Thanks for all the info, gents!

@TheButterZone: that article is extremely helpful! I've bookmarked several of those sites, they look very useful.

@John: can you recommend any escrow services? My limited searching here has turned up community members and members of #bitcoin-OTC who will serve as escrow, but are there any reputable third-party services that do this as well? It's always good to have options.

You can look into Clearcoin and BTCrow, though I'm not sure if either are still in the business.

C4Crawford (OP)

View Profile
December 30, 2012, 08:47:49 PM

Looks like Clearcoin is no longer accepting new transactions. However, BTCrow looks up, I'll have to research them further. Thanks!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: