Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 03:17:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 98 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][BERN] BERNcash - X14 PoW/PoS Hybrid - BERN the big banks  (Read 151757 times)
Depredation

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 05, 2016, 10:39:54 PM

Aside from the name this coin will likely be a direct clone of bitcoin or some staking coin.  Nothing to see here.
Yes but it can have a high social value if enough attention is brought to it.  People give it value not the specs.
Now bringing attention to it in the right way is the hard part
Remember dogecoin was a joke that became an actual thing

▄█▄         ▄█▄
                            ▄████▀      ▄████▀
                          ▄████▀      ▄████▀
                        ▄████▀      ▄████▀
                      ▄████▀      ▄████▀
                    ▄████▀      ▄████▀
 ▄█▄          ▄      ▀█▀      ▄████▀
▀████▄      ▄███▄           ▄████▀
  ▀████▄     ▀████▄       ▄████▀
    ▀████▄     ▀████▄   ▄████▀
      ▀████▄     ▀████▄████▀
        ▀████▄     ▀█████▀
          ▀█▀        ▀█▀
.verify.▄  █▄
██ ███▄
██ ████
██ ████
██ ████
██ ████
██ ████
██ ████
▀█ ████
   ████
   ████
█▄ ▀███
███▄ ▀█
▄  █▄
██ ███▄
██ ████
██ ████
██ ████
██ ████
██ ████
██ ████
▀█ ████
   ████
   ████
█▄ ▀███
███▄ ▀█
▄  █▄
██ ███▄
██ ████
██ ████
██ ████
██ ████
██ ████
██ ████
▀█ ████
   ████
   ████
█▄ ▀███
███▄ ▀█
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
LingPingChen

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 05, 2016, 10:42:33 PM

lol.  BernieCoin?  Really?  Will you be giving away all the coins for free?  That's what Bernie would do. 
This, I second this notion as most likely scenario.

where coin where you mine 60 hour in week get paid for mining 40 hour

need coin where bank get 0.15% interest rate but guy on street pay 12% interest on mortgage while pay tax to bail out bank

that going to be good coin
TronREX

Activity: 374
Merit: 251

The REX is here!!!

View Profile
February 05, 2016, 11:36:08 PM

Being that I'm a Bernie supporter, I will mine.
Let's just hope when he gets elected he don't come for our BERN's  Shocked  Grin

REX,
Brob12321

Activity: 630

View Profile
February 05, 2016, 11:50:19 PM

Let's just hope when he gets elected he don't come for our BERN's  Shocked  Grin

REX,

You don't even know if the coin will be mine-able yet no specs have been released.  May just be an ICO bullshit lol
BernieCoin (OP)

Activity: 791

http://BERN.cash

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2016, 05:37:41 AM

REX,

You don't even know if the coin will be mine-able yet no specs have been released.  May just be an ICO bullshit lol

No, I assure you, no ICO. An ICO was never under consideration. I did layout the tentative specs in this post. Yes BERN will be PoW mine-able and as previously stated the algorithm will be X14.

The only revisions to the information already stated in that post as of now is, yes BERNcoin will be PoS/PoW hybrid and the instamine will be a larger percentage. 10% PoS was discussed and 5% instamine was discussed. Reasoning behind the 10% PoS is we feel airdrop recipients could hold and stake their BERN and later in the future easily contribute more than they received to the campaign of Bernie Sanders or hold them even longer to contribute to a different campaign or perhaps Bernie's second term campaign. We do want to enable people to help the progressive politician of their choice and that is why we came to the conclusion PoS makes sense. We do now agree that staking will be an easy way for people that do not have the technical capabilities to PoW mine and also lack the financial resources to simply buy more BERN to grow what some day will be a donation to a campaign. The justification for the 5% instamine is there most likely will be airdrops for non-presidential elections in addition to the first Bernie Sanders airdrop and the potential second term Bernie Sanders airdrop in 4 years. Of course the instamine BERN wallet balance will be fully transparent and verifiable via the BERN blockchain and therefor the BERN block explorer which will be present at launch.

I did hope to have these specification locked down after a meeting today but the absence of one participant prevents me from doing so. I do feel they will agree and these now tentative specifications will become final early this coming week.

"Break the Big Banks" - http://BERN.cash - #‎NotMeUS #rEVOLution
Bitcointalk.org thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1338886.0
BernieCoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2016, 10:39:50 PM

I have update the OP with the specifications. They are as follows:

Coin Suffix: BERN
Coin type: X14 (PoW/PoS hybrid)
PoW Ends: Block 6,519,080
PoS Min: 24 hours
PoS Max: 4 years
PoS Interest: 10% Annually
PoW Phases:
Block #Block RewardApproximate LengthAdditional Generated
1 (5% instamine)10,000,000 BERNn/a10,000,000 BERN
2 - 720000250 BERN250 days190,000,000 BERN
720001 - 387576010 BERN3 years39,447,000 BERN
3875761 - 4927680100 BERN1 year52,596,000 BERN
4927681 - 651908010 BERN1 1/2 years7,957,000 BERN
Total PoW generated: 200 million BERN
Target spacing: 1 minute
Difficulty Retarget: Adjusts each block
Transaction Confirmations: 15
Coinbase maturity: 30 blocks
Seed Nodes: TBA
RPC port: 32016 (42016 testnet)
P2P port: 32020 (42020 testnet)

And what week of pre-launch would not be complete without a name change... Again...
Ladies and gentlemen, BERNcash !!!

JJ12880

Activity: 671
Merit: 501

Blockchain and stuff

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 12:38:56 AM

What mining moralities are available f to mine  x14?  is that CUP, GUP?

Radium  Bringing Advanced Utility to the Blockchain!
BTC Thread | Telegram
Brob12321

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 12:56:37 AM

If this was really a bernie coin then where is the free stuff. You should do an airdrop or some sort of system that pays users for doing nothing every day or maybe an interest rate or like a wellfare type system that pays a lump sum every week or month, just something to really make this coin unique and true to the Bernie Sanders system.
BernieCoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2016, 01:14:03 AM
Last edit: February 14, 2016, 01:26:40 AM by BernieCoin

What mining moralities are available f to mine  x14?  is that CUP, GUP?

I have been using sgminer 5.0 for test mining. X14 is CPU or GPU minable. The reason I choose x14 is it should long be asic resistant based on the low number of coins utilizing it and removal of the whirlpool algo from x15 gives CPU mining a substantial increase in the resulting hash speed. Of course hash speed increases on GPU by one less layer also but, not as much relatively speaking. My thought is that it gives a slight benefit to people that do not have the technical know how or financial means to GPU mine but would still like to participate in mining BERN.

nino_decoy

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 01:17:41 AM

If this was really a bernie coin then where is the free stuff. You should do an airdrop or some sort of system that pays users for doing nothing every day or maybe an interest rate or like a wellfare type system that pays a lump sum every week or month, just something to really make this coin unique and true to the Bernie Sanders system.

lol crypto welfare. I love it!
Brob12321

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 01:21:12 AM

Right lol like it would take the POW and POS mining earnings and than equally distribute them to all users of the coin !  And maybe even impose a tax that would be redistributed to the lower wallets on the rich list. Same with any transaction fees. This coin can really be something if they can put a great unique system like this in.  Please try dev it would really make this coin stand out in the crypto world.
Depredation

Activity: 672

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 01:27:35 AM

Have it pay for my college too

▄█▄         ▄█▄
                            ▄████▀      ▄████▀
                          ▄████▀      ▄████▀
                        ▄████▀      ▄████▀
                      ▄████▀      ▄████▀
                    ▄████▀      ▄████▀
 ▄█▄          ▄      ▀█▀      ▄████▀
▀████▄      ▄███▄           ▄████▀
  ▀████▄     ▀████▄       ▄████▀
    ▀████▄     ▀████▄   ▄████▀
      ▀████▄     ▀████▄████▀
        ▀████▄     ▀█████▀
          ▀█▀        ▀█▀
.verify.▄  █▄
██ ███▄
██ ████
██ ████
██ ████
██ ████
██ ████
██ ████
▀█ ████
   ████
   ████
█▄ ▀███
███▄ ▀█
▄  █▄
██ ███▄
██ ████
██ ████
██ ████
██ ████
██ ████
██ ████
▀█ ████
   ████
   ████
█▄ ▀███
███▄ ▀█
▄  █▄
██ ███▄
██ ████
██ ████
██ ████
██ ████
██ ████
██ ████
▀█ ████
   ████
   ████
█▄ ▀███
███▄ ▀█
BernieCoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2016, 01:44:40 AM

I am glad to hear you agree and consider Bernie Sanders such a thoughtful person and a great future president of these United States. As previously stated, there will be a BERNcash airdrop and BERNcash will be 10% PoS. I hope you find the 45th president of these United States as pleasing as you find BERNcash to your requests.

Thanks for the support!

BernieCoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2016, 01:52:49 AM
Last edit: February 14, 2016, 02:48:40 AM by BernieCoin

Have it pay for my college too

BERNcash does not have billions of wastefully and wrongfully used tax dollars to better direct towards your education. But thankfully the United States government does and hopefully in the very near future under better use of those dollars, can help you and every citizen of these great United States seeking higher education do just that without hadicapping your to be career with enormous loans by the rigged debt system.

Good luck in your academic dreams and thank you for the support.

BernieCoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2016, 02:09:43 AM

Right lol like it would take the POW and POS mining earnings and than equally distribute them to all users of the coin !  And maybe even impose a tax that would be redistributed to the lower wallets on the rich list. Same with any transaction fees. This coin can really be something if they can put a great unique system like this in.  Please try dev it would really make this coin stand out in the crypto world.

PoS will be evenly distributed to BERNcash holders and PoW will be proportionately distributed to BERNcash miners.

Glad to hear you have such high hopes for BERNcash and for Bernie Sanders as president. Thank you for supporting both.

Brob12321

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 04:36:10 AM

PoS will be evenly distributed to BERNcash holders and PoW will be proportionately distributed to BERNcash miners.

Glad to hear you have such high hopes for BERNcash and for Bernie Sanders as president. Thank you for supporting both.

Well thats obviously how POS and POW normally work, but what I'm suggesting is something that would take all the POW and POS earnings and distribute them at an equal rate to every user, in addition if a user has accumulated over a certain threshold of coin they will have a small fee imposed on their balance everyday and it will be redistributed to the group of people who own under a certain threshold of coin, same goes for any transaction fees.  When will the berncash airdrop be ? and what are the qualifications for it ?
Brob12321

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 04:43:41 AM

I have update the OP with the specifications. They are as follows:

Coin Suffix: BERN
Coin type: X14 (PoW/PoS hybrid)
PoW Ends: Block 6,519,080
PoS Min: 24 hours
PoS Max: 4 years
PoS Interest: 10% Annually
PoW Phases:
Block #Block RewardApproximate LengthAdditional Generated
1 (5% instamine)10,000,000 BERNn/a10,000,000 BERN
2 - 720000250 BERN250 days190,000,000 BERN
720001 - 387576010 BERN3 years39,447,000 BERN
3875761 - 4927680100 BERN1 year52,596,000 BERN
4927681 - 651908010 BERN1 1/2 years7,957,000 BERN
Total PoW generated: 200 million BERN
Target spacing: 1 minute
Difficulty Retarget: Adjusts each block
Transaction Confirmations: 15
Coinbase maturity: 30 blocks
Seed Nodes: TBA
RPC port: 32016 (42016 testnet)
P2P port: 32020 (42020 testnet)

And what week of pre-launch would not be complete without a name change... Again...
Ladies and gentlemen, BERNcash !!!

To see the picture.
JJ12880

Blockchain and stuff

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 05:01:58 AM

What mining moralities are available f to mine  x14?  is that CUP, GUP?

I have been using sgminer 5.0 for test mining. X14 is CPU or GPU minable. The reason I choose x14 is it should long be asic resistant based on the low number of coins utilizing it and removal of the whirlpool algo from x15 gives CPU mining a substantial increase in the resulting hash speed. Of course hash speed increases on GPU by one less layer also but, not as much relatively speaking. My thought is that it gives a slight benefit to people that do not have the technical know how or financial means to GPU mine but would still like to participate in mining BERN.

Humm I have a hard time finding fault with that, which, coming from me, is pretty high praise Smiley

BTC Thread | Telegram
JJ12880

Blockchain and stuff

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 05:02:37 AM

Also, will BERN coin use private email servers? or only official approved ones?

BTC Thread | Telegram
BernieCoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2016, 05:50:00 AM

Well thats obviously how POS and POW normally work, but what I'm suggesting is something that would take all the POW and POS earnings and distribute them at an equal rate to every user, in addition if a user has accumulated over a certain threshold of coin they will have a small fee imposed on their balance everyday and it will be redistributed to the group of people who own under a certain threshold of coin, same goes for any transaction fees.  When will the berncash airdrop be ? and what are the qualifications for it ?

We do hope to open the airdrop at launch and it does look like we will have sufficient time to do so. I can't say what the payout amount will be yet. I need to discuss those figures with the Bernie Sanders supporters that ask me to build BERNcash. I think it is safe to say that 25% of the instamine (2.5 million BERN) will be used for this first airdrop but, again, I am not the person that makes that final decission. 25% is the percentage we talked about previously.

The qualifications discussed were: 1) a BERN address of course. 2) verified email address. 3) geographically verified via IP address as present in the USA. 4) agreement that person entering is a USA citizen.

More criteria might be added. Some could be removed. Myself as a person do value privacy to an high level and do give that respect to all other people. It will not be my personal call to make. I will advise of my opinion to the Bernie Sanders supporters. If you have an opinion about it, please feel free to voice it. I will of course listen to any reasonable argument. What I can say is, this first of what might be many airdrops is aimed to get BERN into the hands of people that support Bernie Sanders. I do understand that one might not be a citizen and still support Bernie Sanders and I did state this to the Bernie Sanders supporters. They are of the opinion they want the airdropped coins to get in the hands of Bernie Sanders supporters that could, and hopefully do, vote for Bernie.

The supporters are not active bitcointalk users but they are aware of this thread and do read it. If you share your opinion, I will respond to it but, it is likely they will read it also.

I hope I answered your questions sufficently Brob12321. I will relay any new information that comes from my meetings as fast as possible.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 98 »
  Print  

Jump to: