Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 04:40:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: How you would like to verify yourself?
SMS verification - 2 (40%)
One Vote Per IP per Altcoin/No proxies/No VPNs - 0 (0%)
Google Authenticator (It sends code or scan QR with Google Auth App) - 3 (60%)
Total Voters: 5

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Developing] Altcoin Voting Platform  (Read 1709 times)
Coinbuddy (OP)

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 26, 2016, 08:22:44 AM
Last edit: January 26, 2016, 05:32:47 PM by Coinbuddy

I don’t like to give contact detail of my mobile. That is not a safe thing and I don’t want to share this information.

I think the best way is really IP-related. That seems to be legit and you will also get more voters then with the other options.

Its a mix response yet, some people says SMS verification some says IP address.But SMS verification is much secure and transparent then IP-address.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
theRattler

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 26, 2016, 09:07:24 AM

Can't you give people a choice to verify by SMS or by vote from IP?
Coinbuddy (OP)

View Profile
January 26, 2016, 03:34:29 PM

Can't you give people a choice to verify by SMS or by vote from IP?

No.It can't happen
Coinbuddy (OP)

View Profile
January 26, 2016, 05:32:21 PM

Good News!
I have a got a developer! He will start working on it from 1 Feb!
Ya-ing

Activity: 119
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 26, 2016, 05:38:34 PM

I would implement just a captcha voting, similar to faucets. Additionally user has to provide an address for the coin he is voting. Then you only accept votes with different addresses and ips.

Still you could fake it, but not so easily.

Coinbuddy (OP)

View Profile
January 26, 2016, 05:41:10 PM

I would implement just a captcha voting, similar to faucets. Additionally user has to provide an address for the coin he is voting. Then you only accept votes with different addresses and ips.

Still you could fake it, but not so easily.

Hmm! Exactly

Coinbuddy (OP)

View Profile
January 29, 2016, 08:36:48 AM

I talked with C-CEX, they said we already have one vote per IP, please do something different that that! We need to think something out of the box.
Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512

View Profile
January 29, 2016, 10:09:02 AM

Hi
I am thinking of making an altcoin voting site, like first users have verify their account by connecting social media accounts (or any other type for confirmation).Then they can vote for the altcoin, but i want Altcoin Exchange site to trust our platform without this it will be unsuccessful.

I thought that One vote per IP per Giveaway+No proxies+No VPNs is best option

How do you think?

Well, I don't know how many IT guys we have here who have access to several customer site, but for example I can reach almost 90 customer sites with ssh, VLC or remote desktop access to local servers. That means nearly 90 votes. As all remote sites have dual internet connection if I'm doing this at night and spend some time on changing the routing priority and briefly swap sites to the backup ISP, I can double my votes. By using some mobile networks (5-6 phones) and free WiFi hotspots what I know, I can add something like 20 more votes. So, with this quick and dirty solution I've made some 200(ish) votes Smiley. I think using IP as an ID is not a really good solution.
Using SMS is probably better, as right now I have access only to 5 phones and I can ask some friends to help me with more, and I can also use some "receive SMS online for free" services but I wouldn't be able to get more than 30 votes, what is an order of magnitude less than the IP based approach Smiley.
Coinbuddy (OP)

View Profile
January 29, 2016, 10:21:41 AM

Hi
I am thinking of making an altcoin voting site, like first users have verify their account by connecting social media accounts (or any other type for confirmation).Then they can vote for the altcoin, but i want Altcoin Exchange site to trust our platform without this it will be unsuccessful.

I thought that One vote per IP per Giveaway+No proxies+No VPNs is best option

How do you think?

Well, I don't know how many IT guys we have here who have access to several customer site, but for example I can reach almost 90 customer sites with ssh, VLC or remote desktop access to local servers. That means nearly 90 votes. As all remote sites have dual internet connection if I'm doing this at night and spend some time on changing the routing priority and briefly swap sites to the backup ISP, I can double my votes. By using some mobile networks (5-6 phones) and free WiFi hotspots what I know, I can add something like 20 more votes. So, with this quick and dirty solution I've made some 200(ish) votes Smiley. I think using IP as an ID is not a really good solution.
Using SMS is probably better, as right now I have access only to 5 phones and I can ask some friends to help me with more, and I can also use some "receive SMS online for free" services but I wouldn't be able to get more than 30 votes, what is an order of magnitude less than the IP based approach Smiley.

Exactly...
Instead of SMS how about using Google Authenticator? that sends a code to your smartphone in google auth app and then you put that on website it you added a vote.
Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512

View Profile
January 29, 2016, 11:41:54 PM

Exactly...
Instead of SMS how about using Google Authenticator? that sends a code to your smartphone in google auth app and then you put that on website it you added a vote.

Google Authenticator looks like a good idea but there are some flaws. Running Android as a virtual machine is a common practice, and since WinAuth is also available for Windows PCs I can install as much "Google Authenticators" as I want, therefore theoretically I can make infinite votes. However as I would need to put some effort in making a lot of votes, my willingness to do so would depend on the expected profit. So GA could work if the profit doesn't worth the effort. I think SMS is still the best method.
CoinHoarder
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
January 29, 2016, 11:52:02 PM

SMS is the most fair method I think. It can be gamed, but it would cost someone something to heavily game it. All other methods can be heavily gamed at no costs.
Coinbuddy (OP)

View Profile
January 30, 2016, 07:48:47 AM

SMS is the most fair method I think. It can be gamed, but it would cost someone something to heavily game it. All other methods can be heavily gamed at no costs.

Yes!
It secure, but most the people don't like to give their personal details like phone number for just voting
theRattler

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 02, 2016, 03:49:10 PM

I don’t like to give contact detail of my mobile. That is not a safe thing and I don’t want to share this information.

I think the best way is really IP-related. That seems to be legit and you will also get more voters then with the other options.

How about Email verification?
Coinbuddy (OP)

View Profile
February 02, 2016, 03:51:56 PM

How about Email verification?

People can create lot of emails and verify them selves!
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: