Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 11:16:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: To remember WHY Litecoin is a good investment  (Read 10253 times)
robelneo
Legendary

Activity: 3276
Merit: 1208

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2016, 02:46:29 AM

Exactly, in the nest Bitcoin SkyRocket, Litecoin will skyrocket 10x more in price  Cool
In any industry their will always be a competition and the crypto world is a healthy competition ,we all agree bitcoin is the prime coin but there should be other alternatives that will complement each other,and litecoin is the best alternative and back up for bitcoin,they both complement each other..

BitcoinHodler

Activity: 1456
Merit: 579

HODLing is an art, not just a word...

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 02:39:19 PM

litecoin is going to be the number two altcoin forever

Holding Bitcoin More Every Day
shanem
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 05:44:46 PM

To remember why Litecoin is the BEST and unmatched !!!!

1 -> China LOVES litecoin;
2 -> Never underestimate the Litecoin, just as China itself, the litecoin is a sleeping dragon;
3 -> If China wants to skyrocket LTC, they'll do LTC skyrocket, and BTC's too;
4 -> If Bitcoin skyrockets to 1000, 1200, 1500, 2000 dollars, Litecoin will follow;
5 -> If bitcoin skyrockets, people will MASSIVE trade bitcoins for litecoins (BTC to LTC), because when the bitcoin rises in price, Litecoin rises several more times and the profit will be phenomenal.

Other altcoins, pre-mined, etc? monero, stellar, Ethereum (Auroracoin 2.0) -> easy way to make quick money and we've seen this story before.

Sorry for my bad english! Roll Eyes

Just my humble opinion

happiness for all

Best regards from brazil  Cheesy

Litecoin has no innovation and is the same altcoin as the one a few years ago. Why do you think Litecoin will stay at the second spot when more and more altcoins are formed to compete against Litecoin?

█           
           ██           
          ██████         
         ████████         
        ██████████       
       ████████████       
      ██████████████     
     ████████████████     
    ██████████████████   
   ████████████████████   
  ██████████▀▀██████████ 
 ███▀▄████▀    ▀████▄▀███
██▀ ▄██▀▀        ▀▀██▄ ▀██

░▄███████████▄░░░▄███████████▄░░▄███▄░░░░░░▄███▄░░▄██████████▄░░░████████████████░░░░██████████░░░░███████████████░░█████████████████
█████░░░░░░░███░████▀░░░░░▀████░█████▄░░░░▄█████░███▀░░░░░░▀███░███░░░░████░░░███░░███░░░░░░░░██░░███░░░░░░░░░░░███░███████░░░░██████
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░████░▀█████▄░░▄█████▀░███░░░░░░░░███░███░░░░████░░███░░░███░░░██░░░███░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░████░░░░░░░████░░▀█████░░█████▀░░███░░░░░░░░███░███░░░░███░░░███░░░███░░████░░███░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░████░░░░░░█████░░░▀████▄▄████▀░░░███▄░░░░░░▄███░███░░░░███░░███░░░░██░░░████░░███░███░░░░░░░░░░███▀░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████░░░░░▀████████▀░░░░████████████▀░░███░░░░░░░░░███░░░███░░░████░░░██░███░░░█████████░░░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░████▄░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░███░░░███░░██░░░░░░░░░░░██░███░░░░░░░░░░███▄░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░█████░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░████░░░███░██░░░░████░░░░█░███░░░█████▄░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
███████████████░████░░░░░░░█████░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░████░░░░██░██░░░██████░░░█░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
░▀███████████▀░░░███░░░░░░░████░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░████████████████░███████████████░░███████████████░░░░░░█████████░░░░
|
▂▃▅ Quick buy and sell bitcoins online. Fast and secure ▅▃▂
Facebook】【Twitter】【Telegram】【Medium】【Instagram
|
ThunderThomas

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

fastdice.com The Worlds Fastest Bitcoin Dice

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2016, 05:52:23 PM

I don't think so. There is been 0 innovations in litecoin. It's just there because of some chinese whales.
For the common user, lifetecoin has no value.

d-trix

Activity: 459
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 12:41:08 AM

I don't think so. There is been 0 innovations in litecoin. It's just there because of some chinese whales.

With or without innovations Litecoin continue holding its ground as one of the top 5 cryptocurrencies from the beginning until now.
portalufonet (OP)

Activity: 226
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 16, 2016, 10:13:28 PM

With inovations or without inovations, Litecoin is the second in cripto world, like bitcoin.... Bitcoin with inovations or without inovations will be Bitcoin, always

With inovations or not

Bitcoin will be the number 1 cripto
Litecoin will be the number 2 cripto

Sorry for the bad english

And the "cry babies" and haters can start the "mi mi mi" about bitcoin and litecoin  Roll Eyes
rokkyroad
Legendary

Activity: 1090

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 05:20:20 PM

• Capable of four times as many transactions as Bitcoin in a ten minute period. Frankly if payment processors had adopted Litecoin in the past year current Bitcoin block discussions would be irrelevant (and likely the price of both coins higher). Anyone who has watched these discussions understands the immediate advantage of a network with larger transactional capability.  
  • Faster confirmation times. The only people who don't think this is important have never spent a single coin or they have patience that the average person does not possess.
  • The faster block time of litecoin reduces the risk of double spending attacks.
  • Anti-spam.
  • Fast well established network. Current Hashrate is 1,643 GH/s. Since scrypt is memory intensive it is known to be approximately 1000 times slower hardware wise in comparison to SHA256. Fair comparison to the Bitcoin network requires multiplying that hashrate by 1000 (1,643 TH/s). The fact is for most of Litecoins history the hashrate has been relatively high and secure. Those comparing it to the Bitcoin network without considering this 1k factor are either being disingenuous or just ignorant of the facts.
  • Continuous development look here at number of releases in past year: https://github.com/litecoin-project/litecoin/releases
  • Upcoming new features look here for whats happening in 2016:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/litecoin/comments/3z2ta1/ama_official_litecoin_developers_and_litecoin/
  • Longevity. Many coins have temporarily eclipsed litecoin as they were marketed for the purpose of increasing the fiat accounts of a small group and emptying the accounts of new users. Unfortunately this has been detrimental to crypto-space in general.
  • Great community.
  • Fully supported by GoCoin a growing payment processor used by thousands of merchants https://www.gocoin.com/
  • Liquidity. You can sell thousands and not crash the market. Maintains value.

Great post. Thanks.

Ethereum is a short term bubble right now. Many coins/projects have attained a high market position for short term. Let's face it, at this point in time Ethereum is useless other than pump&dump. Perhaps it will have real world use in years to come.

" If you have to spam and shout to justify your existence then you are a shit coin."  TaunSew
fernforest

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 02, 2016, 07:51:46 AM

I think litecoins only USP was that it was number 2 crypto and it used to be the most liquid out of all the altcoins.  It was "silver to bitcoins gold".  You could tell because the logo they came up with was silver while bitcoin logo was gold.  
It was also lucky to be the first altcoin.  Coming out just after bitcoin started getting popular.  It's what started the great shitcoin flood of 2014 PND anyone? Stablecoin??

Now that it is not only less volume than Ethereum but also less market cap it's become just another altcoin out of hundreds. It's value propped up by a few stubborn bagholders.  This coin is surely going the way of the dodo very quickly. As soon as china becomes fully aware of the new reality we live in.

The sensible thing to do for anyone holding litecoin would be to rapidly exchange it for ETH before your capital vanishes overnight.

Actually Tenebrix was the first altcoin.

Litecoin still have a huge userbase, and a good reputation. ETH have quite little userbase, the devs rushed it into service with a barely working infrastructure, it's reputation varying from "ICO scam from banksters" to "Holy Grail of crypto" and it will take time to settle all of these debates. ETH price is also greatly propped up by PDers as we seen for example last week.

BTW the currently low LTC price provides an excellent accumulation possibility for a later pump Smiley. When/if BTC price goes up around the halving I'd be very surprised if we wouldn't see some big LTC pumps as well.
Namecoin came before Tenebrix.
target
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1041

View Profile
March 02, 2016, 09:06:19 AM

I think litecoins only USP was that it was number 2 crypto and it used to be the most liquid out of all the altcoins.  It was "silver to bitcoins gold".  You could tell because the logo they came up with was silver while bitcoin logo was gold.  
It was also lucky to be the first altcoin.  Coming out just after bitcoin started getting popular.  It's what started the great shitcoin flood of 2014 PND anyone? Stablecoin??

Now that it is not only less volume than Ethereum but also less market cap it's become just another altcoin out of hundreds. It's value propped up by a few stubborn bagholders.  This coin is surely going the way of the dodo very quickly. As soon as china becomes fully aware of the new reality we live in.

The sensible thing to do for anyone holding litecoin would be to rapidly exchange it for ETH before your capital vanishes overnight.

Litecoin still have a huge userbase, and a good reputation. ETH have quite little userbase, the devs rushed it into service with a barely working infrastructure, it's reputation varying from "ICO scam from banksters" to "Holy Grail of crypto" and it will take time to settle all of these debates. ETH price is also greatly propped up by PDers as we seen for example last week.

BTW the currently low LTC price provides an excellent accumulation possibility for a later pump Smiley. When/if BTC price goes up around the halving I'd be very surprised if we wouldn't see some big LTC pumps as well.

Wow a very old timer here in bitcointalk just appear. right on man.. i do believe this is real info. I've read it somewhere as well and so namecoin is the first altcoin?
fernforest

Activity: 40

View Profile
March 02, 2016, 01:26:21 PM
Last edit: March 02, 2016, 01:41:43 PM by fernforest

Wow a very old timer here in bitcointalk just appear. right on man.. i do believe this is real info. I've read it somewhere as well and so namecoin is the first altcoin?
Yes Namecoin was the first altcoin. (Gavin Andresen claims the Bitcoin testnet was the first, but I don't think that counts.)
fortunecrypto
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1047

thecryptocurrency.directory

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2016, 02:43:04 PM

I don't think they will be in the next 3 to 5 years right know they are in the 4th place behind ripple and ethereum unless they offer something unique or different from what they normally offer they will drip down to number two ,big battle is now going on the crypto currencies
HeroCat

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 02, 2016, 03:03:08 PM

Nowadays China also love Bitcoins, look at large BTC China mining farms - which make thousands of BTC monthly.  Grin
cryptohunter2

Activity: 56

View Profile
March 02, 2016, 03:49:06 PM

It does what it is designed to do!

what innovations has cash had lately?

If bitcoin was closing tomorrow. I know where the funds would go. Back to USD or into LTC or a tiny handful of other coins.
EdenHazard
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1048

View Profile
March 02, 2016, 04:26:24 PM

To remember why Litecoin is the BEST and unmatched !!!!

1 -> China LOVES litecoin;
2 -> Litecoin is a China's Bitcoin
3 -> Never underestimate the Litecoin, just as China itself, the litecoin is a sleeping dragon;
4 -> If China wants to skyrocket LTC, they'll do LTC skyrocket, and BTC's too;
5 -> If Bitcoin skyrockets to 1000, 1200, 1500, 2000 dollars, Litecoin will follow;
6 -> If bitcoin skyrockets, people will MASSIVE trade bitcoins for litecoins (BTC to LTC), because when the bitcoin rises in price, Litecoin rises several more times and the profit will be phenomenal.

Other altcoins, pre-mined, etc? monero, stellar, Ethereum (Auroracoin 2.0) -> easy way to make quick money and we've seen this story before.

Sorry for my bad english! Roll Eyes

Just my humble opinion

happiness for all

Best regards from brazil  Cheesy

good point,and i dont know all before read this,some couple month ago i get some litecoin,but i dont know the price gonna rise so high,and i've sold all my litecoin,but now i relize that litecoin have a good price and amount through the year. thanks for post this

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
FaucetRank.com

Activity: 868
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2016, 05:48:51 PM

BTC&LTC&DOGE china starter pack.
Who earned some bitcoins the last pump?
BTC market cap: 15 177 850 BTC   / $ 5 710 726 774   
LTC market cap: 364 947 BTC / $ 137 305 340
Doge market cap: 82 923 BTC / $ 31 198 176
ETH market cap: 517 178 BTC / $ 194 579 219
--
Ethereum is good for quick profit with mining.
for doge its hard to go for moon it will always stay lower at very cheap price.

████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████
  ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████
  .SCAMMERS.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  .EXPOSED.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████
Facultid

Activity: 336

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 09:14:13 AM

BTC&LTC&DOGE china starter pack.
Who earned some bitcoins the last pump?
BTC market cap: 15 177 850 BTC   / $ 5 710 726 774   
LTC market cap: 364 947 BTC / $ 137 305 340
Doge market cap: 82 923 BTC / $ 31 198 176
ETH market cap: 517 178 BTC / $ 194 579 219
--
Ethereum is good for quick profit with mining.
for doge its hard to go for moon it will always stay lower at very cheap price.

The Doge has some unique usages. If it does not go to main stream usage, the price will not be too high.

LiskCryptoFan

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 01:10:29 PM

I believe Litecoin will lose that #2 spot in 2016.  It's not just the price, look at how it's 24 hour volume has been slipping with recent competition.

Facultid

Activity: 336

View Profile
April 08, 2016, 03:36:35 PM

I believe Litecoin will lose that #2 spot in 2016.  It's not just the price, look at how it's 24 hour volume has been slipping with recent competition.

It has already lost the second spot so far. If there is no innovation, litecoin will not be the second coin.

The Sceptical Chymist
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 6886

Top Crypto Casino

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 03:55:39 AM

It has already lost the second spot so far. If there is no innovation, litecoin will not be the second coin.
I'm not in the know:  When did it lose the No. 2 spot? 

I am not surprised in the least,  however.   There's no hype about ltc anymore and I don't believe people are actually using it for much.

█████████████████████████
████▐██▄█████████████████
████▐██████▄▄▄███████████
████▐████▄█████▄▄████████
████▐█████▀▀▀▀▀███▄██████
████▐███▀████████████████
████▐█████████▄█████▌████
████▐██▌█████▀██████▌████
████▐██████████▀████▌████
█████▀███▄█████▄███▀█████
███████▀█████████▀███████
██████████▀███▀██████████
█████████████████████████
BC.GAME
▄▄░░░▄▀▀▄████████
▄▄▄
██████████████
█████░░▄▄▄▄████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄██████▄▄▄▄████
▄███▄█▄▄██████████▄████▄████
███████████████████████████▀███
▀████▄██▄██▄░░░░▄████████████
▀▀▀█████▄▄▄███████████▀██
███████████████████▀██
███████████████████▄██
▄███████████████████▄██
█████████████████████▀██
██████████████████████▄
..CASINO....SPORTS....RACING..
kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 04:50:19 AM

always amazes me how many newbie accounts continually tell us how irrelevant litecoin is  Roll Eyes

now if its so irrelevant why do so many waste so much time telling us this  Huh
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: