Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 09:21:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The "Will kill" society!  (Read 1858 times)
hazek (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 30, 2012, 11:37:42 PM

I'd just love to see how you who are anti gun can possibly argue against this:

http://media.freedomainradio.com/feed/FDR_719_Will_Kill.mp3

My personality type: INTJ - please forgive my weaknesses (Not naturally in tune with others feelings; may be insensitive at times, tend to respond to conflict with logic and reason, tend to believe I'm always right)

If however you enjoyed my post: 15j781DjuJeVsZgYbDVt2NZsGrWKRWFHpp

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
myrkul

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2012, 11:50:57 PM

Cue genetic fallacy!

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
vampire

Activity: 574

View Profile
December 31, 2012, 12:04:50 AM
Last edit: December 31, 2012, 12:24:24 AM by vampire

I'd just love to see how you who are anti gun can possibly argue against this:

http://media.freedomainradio.com/feed/FDR_719_Will_Kill.mp3

So you don't want to argue, but here you are?

Video is silly. More like moronic beyond any belief.

a) Such a weapon doesn't exist.
b) His conclusions are silly. For an example he says you must know who the person is. But if you don't? Then what? If the image on TV is just a fake? What about they take your children (at early age, lets say 1y/o) and use them as a dead man switch? Again fail. Fail and more fails.
c) Moving from "will kill" to the gun debate is moronic.

Only brain fails believe this shit.

edit:

Lets add more fails:

Rape. Kill the woman first and have sex with the dead body. Guess what it happens a lot.
Since there is no way to know who killed who. Keep killing people for fun. A mass murder's dream.
Send an anonymous email to person to demand $10000 dollars or will kill his family. Since he doesn't know who emailed, he must comply.
Why do you think there is no list of american spec ops soldiers? So they wouldn't have any retaliation against their families.

Rob E

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 31, 2012, 12:21:46 AM

yeh great argument surrealistic some what . but great .took me a while to get in to it . . but great .
myrkul

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2012, 12:23:40 AM

Somebody got upset.  Cheesy

Ignore the fact that it doesn't exist. That doesn't matter.
What happens when that "killswitch" kid grows up? betcha he willkills the guy who was keeping him.
Moving from the willkill to a gun is perfectly logical. Unless you contend that a gun is not an effective tool at killing someone?

No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
vampire

View Profile
December 31, 2012, 12:27:02 AM

Somebody got upset.  Cheesy

What happens when that "killswitch" kid grows up? betcha he willkills the guy who was keeping him.
Moving from the willkill to a gun is perfectly logical. Unless you contend that a gun is not an effective tool at killing someone?

Keep him in a dark cell with no way to see the captor forever. Who cares if he dies.

Anything else you can come up with? Let's wait for it.
Rob E

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 31, 2012, 12:29:06 AM

and after 20 minutes it only got better.

btw  .
myrkul

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2012, 12:40:39 AM

Somebody got upset.  Cheesy

Keep him in a dark cell with no way to see the captor forever. Who cares if he dies.

And then, your bargaining chip is lost. And if your victim knows this, knows that the kid will be locked in a dark cell, and never let out, he knows his son is already lost. And now, he has nothing to lose. I don't think you want that.

But all that is moot. This isn't about the Will Kill, because as you point out, it doesn't exist. But guns do, and they do have the power to kill. So the question is, do you want only a small, powerful elite to have the power to kill, or do you want everyone to have the power to kill? Stefan makes a powerful argument that everyone having the power to kill will result in a more peaceful society.

vampire

View Profile
December 31, 2012, 12:45:12 AM

And then, your bargaining chip is lost. And if your victim knows this, knows that the kid will be locked in a dark cell, and never let out, he knows his son is already lost. And now, he has nothing to lose. I don't think you want that.

How would he know that? Wait he would never know. Knowledge is power, not weapons. If the person doesn't know what controls him, he can't do anything against it. Then build a society on top of it, do you know all the people who control the world right now? Most likely not, you only see the PR heads at the rule. The real rulers are in the shadow.

But all that is moot. This isn't about the Will Kill, because as you point out, it doesn't exist. But guns do, and they do have the power to kill. So the question is, do you want only a small, powerful elite to have the power to kill, or do you want everyone to have the power to kill? Stefan makes a powerful argument that everyone having the power to kill will result in a more peaceful society.

I already proved that the silly will kill argument is a fail on many levels. Therefor your guns argument is a fail also. Thanks for simplifying the task for me.
myrkul

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2012, 12:54:32 AM
Last edit: December 31, 2012, 01:04:52 AM by myrkul

How would he know that?
How did you know that would be a good solution? Do you think he would be incapable of making the same deductions you did?

"If my son sees his captors, he can Will Kill them later. They probably know that. So, they will most likely keep him locked away. They may even just kill him, to save the trouble of keeping him in a cell. Therefore, my son is already lost forever, even if he is still alive."

I already proved that the silly will kill argument is a fail on many levels. Therefor your guns argument is a fail also. Thanks for simplifying the task for me.

No, you stated that it was silly. A statement is far from proving anything. So, are you denying that a gun is an effective tool to kill someone? Or are you basing your argument solely on the fact that I cannot kill someone with my mind?

vampire

View Profile
December 31, 2012, 12:59:34 AM

How would he know that?
How did you know that would be a good solution? Do you think he would be incapable of making the same deductions you did?

"If my son sees his captors, he can Will Kill them later. They probably know that. So, they will most likely keep him locked away. They may even just kill him, to save the trouble of keeping him in a cell. Therefore, my son is already lost forever, even if he is still alive."

Are you sure he's lost? A lot of people would have HOPE. There are also other ways of controlling people. With a perfect anonymous weapon, you can control the world.

Also a perfect mass murderer, just keep piling bodies of dead people. I mean we would see what happened in CT a lot more.

Just go to a school and keep killing random people and act terrified yourself.

The gun requires you to actually shoot a person, with will kill you can just do from behind. Noone would ever know.
myrkul

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2012, 01:04:20 AM

No, you stated that it was silly. A statement is far from proving anything. So, are you denying that a gun is an effective tool to kill someone? Or are you basing your argument solely on the fact that I cannot kill someone with my mind?

Are you sure he's lost? A lot of people would have HOPE. There are also other ways of controlling people. With a perfect anonymous weapon, you can control the world.

Also a perfect mass murderer, just keep piling bodies of dead people. I mean we would see what happened in CT a lot more.

Just go to a school and keep killing random people and act terrified yourself.

The gun requires you to actually shoot a person, with will kill you can just do from behind. Noone would ever know.

So, you're refusing to bring the analogy home? Do you not see the comparison to a gun, or are you simply acknowledging defeat?

vampire

View Profile
December 31, 2012, 01:08:39 AM

So, you're refusing to bring the analogy home? Do you not see the comparison to a gun, or are you simply acknowledging defeat?

I see that "will kill" is an idiotic idea. If you bring the analogy home, the guns are an idiotic idea.

Personally I dont even care about the guns, but when I see this idiotism around. I see what's wrong in USA. How can you even listen to this crap.
myrkul

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2012, 01:14:41 AM

I see that "will kill" is an idiotic idea. If you bring the analogy home, the guns are an idiotic idea.
I see. acknowledging defeat.

Tell me, what do you think the effects on crime would be if every single person in New York over the age of, say, 18, were given (and, of course, trained in the use of) a pistol, 20 rounds of ammunition, and concealed carry permit?

vampire

View Profile
December 31, 2012, 01:18:18 AM

Tell me, what do you think the effects on crime would be if every single person in New York over the age of, say, 18, were given (and, of course, trained in the use of) a pistol, 20 rounds of ammunition, and concealed carry permit?

You're misdirecting away from an idiotic idea. Because you would need to acknowledge that you believe an idiotic idea.

I dont want to talk about guns, since I already went through this exercise. Now you're also forcing people to train? A great change since the last time I saw your posts, mr. liberty.

Let me find old posts of mine, where you were against training.
myrkul

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2012, 01:25:52 AM

You're misdirecting away from an idiotic idea. Because you would need to acknowledge that you believe an idiotic idea.

I dont want to talk about guns, since I already went through this exercise. Now you're also forcing people to train? A great change since the last time I saw your posts, mr. liberty.

Let me find old posts of mine, where you were against training.

And you're refusing to answer, because you know you've already lost. This discussion is over.

vampire

View Profile
December 31, 2012, 01:32:57 AM

And you're refusing to answer, because you know you've already lost. This discussion is over.

So am I supposed to answer this question:

Quote from: myrkul
So, are you denying that a gun is an effective tool to kill someone?

Yes, it can be used to kill someone. Effective its up to interpretation, didn't you just claim yourself that the guns were very ineffective in WW2?

Now since I answered your question, answer mine.

Do you agree that "will kill" is an idiotic idea.
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2012, 01:38:34 AM

20 rounds after the training? That's not a lot of live fire...

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
vampire

View Profile
December 31, 2012, 01:40:56 AM

And to answer this one. That's where I stand more or less. I don't believe it will reduce crime, but I dont think it would increase with mandatory training from age of 13.

My very old answer:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=90086.msg1069177#msg1069177

myrkul

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2012, 01:45:57 AM

20 rounds after the training? That's not a lot of live fire...

Yes, after the training, including probably some practice shots. The 20 rounds are just to carry around. Besides, these things are being given. You want more rounds for more training, buy 'em yourself. These things aren't free. Wink

Even so, I bet it would be more cost-effective than hiring more cops.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: