Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 04:26:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][MEOW] KittehCoin - UPDATED 2017  (Read 24997 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
PeterTheGrape

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 05:40:01 AM

Quote from: moonrock
There is no exploit, they simply had enough hash power to fork it and create coins in the chain. Simply, we can remove the offending blocks that deviate from the 25B cap.

Those blocks are sold to many people. Question is who should lose money? We who bought coins or the exchange or the crackers?

Somebody deposited 23 billion coins into their account at Cryptopia. Cryptopia has to decide if those coins are legitimate. 

No, somebody probably deposited almost all of the 50 billions of blockchain injected coins.

Very big part (maybe all?) of that injected coins sold at 1, 2, 3 or so litoshis before 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 months ago. Of course Cryptopia has many data too and probably they know who deposited that coins, but Cryptopia is not the court and they can't make the right decision what to do now. Few bitcoins, maybe few 10s, left the exchange, and every Cryptopia's decision would be wrong now.

Only solutions with no new injured parties is to protect the coin from the new injections, I think.

The coin is damaged but I guess almost all coins have taken a few hits like this. Preventing further huge blocks or whatever they did would be the first step, so there is no chance of an unlimited number of coins. Second step would be waiting for that huge wallet to dissipate, so there wasn't just one big wallet. The biggest customer at Cryptopia now has 22b. The next person has less than 2b. Then seven more wallets between 1 and 2 billion. Then more than 40 people with between 100m and 1b.

The person who has those coins is probably the one keeping the price stable, so people do have the option to exit at a modest loss. I bought most around 3 sats and remember a few times when there were some for sale at 1 sat with no buyers.

Things look fixable but it is kind of like when that person got a huge chunk of eth and everybody was arguing over this and that. Maybe you can fix the coin and turn it into eth 2.0 or eth classic. If the coin survives this it should be a solid coin.
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
somebody else

Activity: 87
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 05:52:38 AM

No, I am not sure how to fix coin on the best way.

I know to compile/update wallets at this moment, and I did that for coins I own including this one. (My Kittehcoin 64bit wallets has no or almost no problems in virustotal report Smiley )

Maybe good idea is to make this coin to dash compatible coin?

Up to this moment I never did something with eth or eth classic. I will try it very soon and see if there is some problem with it (for me).
whale123

Activity: 406

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 06:56:05 AM

The guys who were doing Kittehcoin are doing Syscoin now.

moonrock

Activity: 157
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 08:43:41 AM

Yes I agree these coins were sold to investors at 1 Litoshi and it is not for us to take away someones investment. What we can do is strengthen the chain and prevent anyone from trying any funnies again.

There is too many new people coming to this coin right now and we need all the proper things in place like wallets and website. Seeing Ldoge go so high has drawn many into Kittehcoin. Lets make their stay comfortable and get to work.

So is there anyone that can work some magic? Please come forward
SmoothKitteh

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 11:04:24 AM

Yes I agree these coins were sold to investors at 1 Litoshi and it is not for us to take away someones investment. What we can do is strengthen the chain and prevent anyone from trying any funnies again.

There is too many new people coming to this coin right now and we need all the proper things in place like wallets and website. Seeing Ldoge go so high has drawn many into Kittehcoin. Lets make their stay comfortable and get to work.

Completely agree with you and great to see some action on KittehCoin again! I have already started working on a new website at http://www.kittehcoin.net/
Unfortunately not much experience in coin development so hope we can find someone that's willing to work on that.
somebody else

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 11:59:52 AM

Completely agree with you and great to see some action on KittehCoin again! I have already started working on a new website at http://www.kittehcoin.net/
Unfortunately not much experience in coin development so hope we can find someone that's willing to work on that.

I made 64-bit Windows wallets from the official source code. You can include them in your website. Quote from 2 pages before:

Always somebody else has to do something. Smiley

Newly compiled Windows 64-bit wallets for KittehCoin:

http://kittehcoin.weebly.com/

Nobody mentioned qt 5.9.0 ? Smiley

Liga

Activity: 24

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 12:35:20 PM

Awesome! If you need any help with the site let me know.  Wink

I have coding skills but unfortunately no C++ experience, so will have to rely on someone else to update the kittehcoin repo etc to get this awesome project rolling again  Roll Eyes
SmoothKitteh

Activity: 5

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 12:37:07 PM

I made 64-bit Windows wallets from the official source code. You can include them in your website. Quote from 2 pages before:

Done Smiley
moonrock

Activity: 157
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 12:50:51 PM

I suggest the top wallets get on the socials and and start a multi-billion dollar giveaway. If you managed to get these cheap its in your best interest to develop and promote if you want it to go anywhere.

Throw a couple billion around in million dollar increments  Shocked
Liga

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 01:00:47 PM

Sadly I don't own billions haha, but I am definitely willing to start/support such kind of operations once the blockchain "issue" is figured out and totally remedied. Waiting for the green light on that and accumulating more kitteh meanwhile in anticipation Smiley
PeterTheGrape

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 01:06:57 PM

I suggest the top wallets get on the socials and and start a multi-billion dollar giveaway. If you managed to get these cheap its in your best interest to develop and promote if you want it to go anywhere.

Throw a couple billion around in million dollar increments  Shocked

Agree with your basic point, but instead of throwing the money in the air, why not use it for something constructive, like bounties for something useful, whether useful for the coin or useful for some other use.

For example a bounty on uncovering coins that have been exploited, a bounty on some other thing in the general public interest etc.

There are a lot of things a person notices that might easily be done by somebody needing a little money and that is better than giveaways.
Liga

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 01:59:56 PM

I created a telegram group for KittehCoin: https://t.me/joinchat/AAAAAEBgedyWHIUjIbeG5Q to improve communications.

Feel free to come hangout and talk about everything from development, promotions and new ideas to price updates.
kattifnatt

Activity: 12

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 03:28:36 PM

Maybe the people behind CashCats.biz would want to promote this coin? Seems like it would be right up their alley. Rolling around in fiat is cool and all, but cryptos are, after all, the future of even the one purrcent.
roidudisco

Activity: 352
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 01:16:22 PM

The guys who were doing Kittehcoin are doing Syscoin now.

What the !? (Syscoin's dev are the best in crypto)
Source of that please

Code:
          ▄▄▄█████████▄▄
       ▄██████████████████▄
     ▄███████████████████████
   ▄██████████▀▀    ▀███████
  █████████            ▀██▀

████████              ▄██
▐███████             ▄█████
███████             ▀███████
██████▌               ███████
██████▌                ██████▌
███████                ▐██████
 ███████▄              ▐██████
  ████████             ██████▌
   █████▀             ███████
    ██▀              ███████▌
   ███▄            ████████▌
  ███████▄▄   ▄▄▄█████████▀
 ███████████████████████▀
   ▀██████████████████▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
.spotcoin.
   www.spotcoin.com

▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆
Exchange OTC Market
Mining Dividend token
Retail Payments
▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆

ICO: MAY 1 
   ANN | Bounty | Reddit
Blog     Facebook
Twitter Telegram
Telegram(Bounty)

▄▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄██████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
█▄▄▀▀███████████████▀▀▄▄█
█████▄▀▀███████▀▀▀▄▄█████
████████▄▄▀▀▀  ██████████
██████████     ██████████
██████████       ▀▀██████
██████████            ▀▀█
 ▀▀███████
     ▀▀▀██
NEO

Legendary – 6 sta
rodux

Activity: 20

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 04:44:09 PM

Awesome! If you need any help with the site let me know.  Wink

I have coding skills but unfortunately no C++ experience, so will have to rely on someone else to update the kittehcoin repo etc to get this awesome project rolling again  Roll Eyes

This great, glad someone's doing stuff again -- happy to help out where i can  DM or find me on twitter >> i had a couple of things had was in the process of completing when the coin went dormant. looking forward to doing stuff with it again.
Wise84

Activity: 132
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2017, 11:15:36 AM

Happy to see that it is some action again on this coin. This was the first coin I ever mined, so this is kinda my babycoin.
I didn't even sell it at 100 satoshi back in 2014 hehe Tongue

Agree with the Japan market. It had been interesting to see how they would react to this coin.
Keep up the good work! Smiley

50$ free bonus: https://platinum.crypto.com/r/4qrazgcqnb || Code:4qrazgcqnb   ||  Get 15 EUR free here, no deposit required!: https://app.bitwala.com/r/jbRi5W2jt
Earn 20$ in BTC with your first deposit of $200 or more here: https://celsiusnetwork.app.link/Frodef412   ||   Earn 10$ in BTC if you deposit 200$ or more here: https://blockfi.com/?ref=a6870e51
Earn free BTC here by answering surveys: https://btcsurveys.com/ref/Edorf/
PeterTheGrape

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 01:59:00 PM

The fact that the coin was exploited and somebody added a vast supply of coins using an attack on the coin should be added to the original post and/or a new thread started.

The coin, as it is, bears no resemblance to the original kittehcoin. Imagine if a person added 20 million bitcoin through a hack, and then bitcoin developers hid that fact.

If people are going to continue developing this coin after that exploit they should at least have the honesty to detail the exploit in the op and sketch out a solution or start a new thread that describes the new coin.
roidudisco

Activity: 352
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 02:46:40 PM

It's the new Dogecoin 2.0 2017/2018
but with a cat
cat + internet + blockchain you know the Idea

Code:
          ▄▄▄█████████▄▄
       ▄██████████████████▄
     ▄███████████████████████
   ▄██████████▀▀    ▀███████
  █████████            ▀██▀

████████              ▄██
▐███████             ▄█████
███████             ▀███████
██████▌               ███████
██████▌                ██████▌
███████                ▐██████
 ███████▄              ▐██████
  ████████             ██████▌
   █████▀             ███████
    ██▀              ███████▌
   ███▄            ████████▌
  ███████▄▄   ▄▄▄█████████▀
 ███████████████████████▀
   ▀██████████████████▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
.spotcoin.
   www.spotcoin.com

▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆
Exchange OTC Market
Mining Dividend token
Retail Payments
▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆

ICO: MAY 1 
   ANN | Bounty | Reddit
Blog     Facebook
Twitter Telegram
Telegram(Bounty)

▄▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄██████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
█▄▄▀▀███████████████▀▀▄▄█
█████▄▀▀███████▀▀▀▄▄█████
████████▄▄▀▀▀  ██████████
██████████       ▀▀██████
██████████            ▀▀█
 ▀▀███████
     ▀▀▀██
NEO

Legendary – 6 sta
somebody else

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 03:36:42 PM

The fact that the coin was exploited and somebody added a vast supply of coins using an attack on the coin should be added to the original post and/or a new thread started.

The coin, as it is, bears no resemblance to the original kittehcoin. Imagine if a person added 20 million bitcoin through a hack, and then bitcoin developers hid that fact.

If people are going to continue developing this coin after that exploit they should at least have the honesty to detail the exploit in the op and sketch out a solution or start a new thread that describes the new coin.

I agree.

Are the newer versions of bitcoin or litecoin immune to the such kind of attack?

Is dash immune to this kind of attack?

PeterTheGrape

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 04:08:00 PM

I agree.

Are the newer versions of bitcoin or litecoin immune to the such kind of attack?

Is dash immune to this kind of attack?

I don't know.

People need to understand

1) The coin was attacked by some exploit, and a vast number of coins were made by one person or group

2) That person or group is trying to pump the coin, and will try to hide the fact that they secretly created a mass of coins

3) When the price reaches a high enough level they have enough coins to sell it down to zero, and anybody who bought will lose

-

Ethereum was hacked in some similar way, and there was a long discussion about what to do. Eventually it was split into two ethereums.

This coin is salvageable probably, all cryptos are going up and if the coin is run honestly from now on, it could recover. But if the goal is just to steal money and burn people then it should not survive.

When the original post details what happened, or a new thread is started that includes the details, then it will be possible to discuss fixing the coin. Until then it should be dropped.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: