Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 04:44:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Free Distribution Methods - V2  (Read 617 times)
davien (OP)

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 25, 2016, 02:30:51 PM

There was a topic in which EBK1000 said : Does anyone have a good idea for distributing a PoS only coins for free? The distribution needs to be widespread and free and there needs to be robust mechanisms in place to prevent fraud such that one person only gets one payout. Using Bitcointalk usernames is just too limited and using IPs seems unreliable so what can be done?
The topic was closed but i think there was some pretty good ideas mentioned. Like Skype face-to-face verification, FingerPrint checks, etc
My question is the same as EBK1000's.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
MisO69
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1005

My mule don't like people laughing

View Profile
January 25, 2016, 02:43:11 PM

There was a topic in which EBK1000 said : Does anyone have a good idea for distributing a PoS only coins for free? The distribution needs to be widespread and free and there needs to be robust mechanisms in place to prevent fraud such that one person only gets one payout. Using Bitcointalk usernames is just too limited and using IPs seems unreliable so what can be done?
The topic was closed but i think there was some pretty good ideas mentioned. Like Skype face-to-face verification, FingerPrint checks, etc

Solving captchas is a good method. With no limits on IP/captachas per hour or any sort of limit. Of course you need to launch it as fair as possible and have the actual captcha distribution last more than a few days. Maybe a few weeks but that would be the limit.

So unless you have something new to bring to the table then any new coin no matter the distribution method will die. No one cares about new copy coins anymore..
davien (OP)

View Profile
January 25, 2016, 03:01:13 PM

Solving captchas is a good method. With no limits on IP/captachas per hour or any sort of limit. Of course you need to launch it as fair as possible and have the actual captcha distribution last more than a few days. Maybe a few weeks but that would be the limit.

So unless you have something new to bring to the table then any new coin no matter the distribution method will die. No one cares about new copy coins anymore..
I'm searching for the best solution to filter sockpuppets, much as possible. So in some way the dev have to limit the claims. I mean 1 claim/person so the chances of dumps from huge sockpuppet bagholders can be reduced

bathrobehero
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051

ICO? Not even once.

View Profile
January 25, 2016, 05:39:03 PM

This has been discussed many times and there isn't any great distribution methods that are both fair and anonymous. You can either game the system or you have to give up anonimity.

Basically you have to find something that everyone has, but they only have one.

Not your keys, not your coins!
davien (OP)

View Profile
January 25, 2016, 06:46:23 PM

This has been discussed many times and there isn't any great distribution methods that are both fair and anonymous. You can either game the system or you have to give up anonimity.

Basically you have to find something that everyone has, but they only have one.
In the previous thread there was an idea with big toe fingerprint. Cheesy I've just invented a market for it. Big Toe Black Market . BTW yeah, you can game any verification system. Even those where you have to reveal your identity.

g3rszpi

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 26, 2016, 09:53:41 AM

It's hard to find a perfect, totally secure method. ALL the methods are gameable, and just a very few users would reveal their real identity for a free maybe shitcoin. But also if there is a strong project i guess many users would just verify themselfs, like at Decred.
Pursuer
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
January 26, 2016, 12:56:59 PM

isn't all of these methods against anonymity. I mean fingerprint, Skype face-to-face verification (whatever that is) is removing the anonymity which is one of the best features in any cryptocurrency IMO

Only Bitcoin
monsterer
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 26, 2016, 01:19:12 PM

I already posted this in the other thread, but why don't you share-drop onto bitcoin addresses, with amount proportional to amount at address?
Psi
Legendary

Activity: 1022

[center][table][tr][td][url=https://trustdice.win/

View Profile
January 26, 2016, 01:38:55 PM

tough one, anyway you lose privacy, accounts , ip's, awhile back "drop " coin used yovi faucet for 1 claim a day per account, something like that probably work best,(account+ip+time), maybe a site where people can pre-register and allow coin distributors to be selective based on whatever the  established criteria for site is, although open to becoming spam list..

Pursuer
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
January 26, 2016, 01:40:39 PM

I already posted this in the other thread, but why don't you share-drop onto bitcoin addresses, with amount proportional to amount at address?

so rich would get richer and poor not that much?
I don't think this method is "fair", because it essentially means whoever has more money (bitcoin) gets more

tough one, anyway you lose privacy, accounts , ip's, awhile back "drop " coin used yovi faucet for 1 claim a day per account, something like that probably work best,(account+ip+time), maybe a site where people can pre-register and allow coin distributors to be selective based on whatever the  established criteria for site is, although open to becoming spam list..

two words: dynamic IP

Only Bitcoin
davien (OP)

View Profile
January 26, 2016, 02:59:25 PM

so rich would get richer and poor not that much?
I don't think this method is "fair", because it essentially means whoever has more money (bitcoin) gets more

Yeah, this would be a pretty unfair method.

monsterer
Legendary

Activity: 1008

View Profile
January 26, 2016, 03:07:58 PM

Carry on thinking about the problem - there is basically no solution except this one which isn't gameable.
CoinHoarder
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
January 26, 2016, 03:10:33 PM

There is no fair method.

Sharedrop on Bitcoin (or insert cryptocurrency here), the rich get a bigger slice of the pie.
Solve captchas, those that don't have the time to solve captchas get less, and captcha bots get a lot more.
Sharedrop bitcointalk accounts (or other social media), those that have many accounts get more than honest people with one account.
IPO, the rich get a bigger slice of the pie.
PoW, the rich get a bigger slice of the pie.
PoB, the rich get a bigger slice of the pie.

Etc.
catch.me.if.you.can

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 26, 2016, 07:19:32 PM

dna fingerprint is the only solution.
davien (OP)

View Profile
January 27, 2016, 10:14:34 AM

There is no fair method.

Sharedrop on Bitcoin (or insert cryptocurrency here), the rich get a bigger slice of the pie.
Solve captchas, those that don't have the time to solve captchas get less, and captcha bots get a lot more.
Sharedrop bitcointalk accounts (or other social media), those that have many accounts get more than honest people with one account.
IPO, the rich get a bigger slice of the pie.
PoW, the rich get a bigger slice of the pie.
PoB, the rich get a bigger slice of the pie.

Etc.
Yeah you are right. So from this perspective ( rich) always the rich ones get more. Probably, a method, in which doesn't matter "how much you have" should work.
Remark : We don't have to judge the "richer" ones, cause probably they worked for it

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: