Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:33:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: After getting your profits from ETH, what next?  (Read 6267 times)
rdnkjdi
Legendary

Activity: 1256
Merit: 1009

View Profile
January 26, 2016, 04:46:33 AM

What I don't understand about pump and dumps is where is the money coming from?  It made sense when new people were entering crypto in droves but the last six months pump and dump have turned into mostly just dumps.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TPTB_need_war

Activity: 420
Merit: 257

View Profile
January 26, 2016, 04:51:23 AM

What I don't understand about pump and dumps is where is the money coming from?  It made sense when new people were entering crypto in droves but the last six months pump and dump have turned into mostly just dumps.

It can be mostly fake volume with the insiders buying from themselves.

And they can then use that to sell off more of their premines to greater fools who think the pump is real volume.

For me it indicates the insiders are getting out and dumping it on the greater fools. Just don't be the last man out the door when the stampede (waterfall collapse) dump starts.

Remember the market caps for altcoins are lies. There isn't that amount of capital invested in them. These are just pumped prices by insiders buying from themselves. Much easier to do that when you control the float from a deceitful premine as is the case with Dash and Ethereum (buying the ICO from themselves).

stoat

Activity: 686
Merit: 270

FREEDOM RESERVE

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2016, 04:52:52 AM

Doesn't StorJ have a coin on polyonoxious? Aren't they nearing a milestrone.

Again I recently explained why all those decentralized file systems (including MaidSafe and Sia) are technological nonsense, but doesn't seem to the concern of you P&D followers.

Potential problem with XMR is that the coin was too well distributed and absent a premine, thus no one has the means and incentive to P&D it. Monero would seem to instead be a long-term investment (and personally I think a very poor one for the recent reasons I have explained about their UNRELIABLE anonymity having no market).

Rather I would say take your profits from crypto before March and hold dollars because a major contagion is brewing in the markets that is going to wipe out Bitcoin, gold, and all markets except the US dollar and US stocks. The coming interest rate hikes from the Fed will turn up the dial pressure. Note for example OROBTC's comment today that his Peru ball bearing sales have fallen significantly since December. Martin Armstrong's model is coming true as predicted as the periphery collapses and the USA and US dollar will be the last man standing in the global economy.

It does look like we have a very rocky road ahead re the financial markets.  China announced that their steel companies will be firing some 400,000 employees.  I have never accepted as fact that the BRICS were anything for the USA to worry about.  (We have are own problems to worry about)

China does look to be leading the world into hard times.

The Baltic Dry Index is down again.

Our sales of bearings are Peru are down HARD in the past several weeks.

Europe seems to be drowning in a sea of Muslims, and they don't seem capable (now anyway) of doing anything about it...

When the liquidity dries up in the altcoin market, you can be holding a dead asset.

Are you now trying to FUD the entire crypto market?

Why do you hate it that another coin is successfully opening up new fields for crypto?

Maybe you should fuck off out of the scene entirely?

Ulterior motive?

FREEDOMRESERVEFree currency for the British Isles
Visit our website for more info

<-- Click here!
FREEDOMRESERVE By the People and for the People
rdnkjdi
Legendary

Activity: 1256
Merit: 1009

View Profile
January 26, 2016, 05:11:11 AM

Doesn't StorJ have a coin on polyonoxious? Aren't they nearing a milestrone.

Again I recently explained why all those decentralized file systems (including MaidSafe and Sia) are technological nonsense, but doesn't seem to the concern of you P&D followers.

Potential problem with XMR is that the coin was too well distributed and absent a premine, thus no one has the means and incentive to P&D it. Monero would seem to instead be a long-term investment (and personally I think a very poor one for the recent reasons I have explained about their UNRELIABLE anonymity having no market).

Rather I would say take your profits from crypto before March and hold dollars because a major contagion is brewing in the markets that is going to wipe out Bitcoin, gold, and all markets except the US dollar and US stocks. The coming interest rate hikes from the Fed will turn up the dial pressure. Note for example OROBTC's comment today that his Peru ball bearing sales have fallen significantly since December. Martin Armstrong's model is coming true as predicted as the periphery collapses and the USA and US dollar will be the last man standing in the global economy.

It does look like we have a very rocky road ahead re the financial markets.  China announced that their steel companies will be firing some 400,000 employees.  I have never accepted as fact that the BRICS were anything for the USA to worry about.  (We have are own problems to worry about)

China does look to be leading the world into hard times.

The Baltic Dry Index is down again.

Our sales of bearings are Peru are down HARD in the past several weeks.

Europe seems to be drowning in a sea of Muslims, and they don't seem capable (now anyway) of doing anything about it...

When the liquidity dries up in the altcoin market, you can be holding a dead asset.

Are you now trying to FUD the entire crypto market?

Why do you hate it that another coin is successfully opening up new fields for crypto?

Maybe you should fuck off out of the scene entirely?

Ulterior motive?

Give the guy a break.  He's acting in good faith and has been consistent for years.  He's approached all of these projects on a very technical level (not fud).  Also "success" in this realm isn't defined by a massive rise over a week ...
stoat

Activity: 686
Merit: 270

FREEDOM RESERVE

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2016, 05:58:42 AM

You still don't get it do you?  The hype for ethereum is actually real. As in, it's our best hope.  And people who actually want crypto to succeed as an idea will get behind it. 

Tptb want war, well, the entire time ive visited this forum he is either wasting everyones time with mental masturbation or simply stumbling from thread to thread FUDDing down every coin that would dare to challenge his "intellectual superiority".

FREEDOMRESERVEFree currency for the British Isles
Visit our website for more info

<-- Click here!
FREEDOMRESERVE By the People and for the People
DecentralizeEconomics
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1042

White Male Libertarian Bro

View Profile
January 26, 2016, 06:05:38 AM

Personally, I like the looks of Synereo AMPs traded on Bittrex.  They're going to release their social networking software stack in February.  The price has been increasing nicely lately.

Disclaimer: I'm long AMPs.

"Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties." - Areopagitica
tokeweed (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3948
Merit: 1418

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
January 26, 2016, 09:55:40 AM

You still don't get it do you?  The hype for ethereum is actually real. As in, it's our best hope.  And people who actually want crypto to succeed as an idea will get behind it.

Oh because it is our only hope, then we have to ignore the fact that after more than a year since they took and spent ICO money, they still haven't solved the most fundamental issue of the block chain technology required for long running scripts (if they want scaling and decentralization).

Put Vitalik in a live debate with me right now and I will be able to force him to admit that is the truth.

Or ban_the_truth so you can sucker more n00bs into being bagholders to the insiders can cash out.

Tptb want war, well, the entire time ive visited this forum he is either wasting everyones time with mental masturbation or simply stumbling from thread to thread FUDDing down every coin that would dare to challenge his "intellectual superiority".

Because you are not interested in actually solving the core technical challenges that inhibit cryptocurrency from scaling out to the masses and being compatible with marketing strategies that can do so, such as the one I will drop on the world.

All you want is something you can pump up. And you want it sooner than it is ready. And so thus you think I am not worthy, and you think the broken Ethereum is.

I never took $millions of ICO while I was researching and developing the solutions we need. Ethereum did and still didn't solve the most basic issue they need to.

Whereas I have solved the major fundamental issues. Sorry if the good stuff takes time. If you are in a rush, then feel free to give your money away to those who are willing to take it.

I appreciate that you're trying to get your argument out.  And you do have some points to think about.  But this is a time of less talk and more trades.  There's profit to be made in this current price run, which could be one of the largest runs we've seen in altcoins.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
sofu
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1085

Degenerate Crypto Gambler

View Profile
January 26, 2016, 10:18:30 AM

Still hodling Monero, Doge and Vanilla. I guess Vericoin and Blackcoin will be next and some other sleepers

Its a good time to trade altcoins for the next 1-2 month. Don't hodl it forever and avoid new coins. Go back to BTC blockhalving pump in March and dump it in may/june.

After that go full retard in mining and buying ZCash.

Claim your Lambo in 2017  Grin

Xenoblate

Activity: 69
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 26, 2016, 11:47:46 AM

correct my son

AMP and MUSE are Bitcoin3.O (social networking and the attention economy)

Factom and Alexandria are Bitcoin3.O (records and rights management)

and the list goes on and on.

http://www.thebitcoinchannel.com/archives/52943

I didn't create this reality, I just teach it.

and the beat goes on and on

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TEfK-3Lwph0

Can these 3.0 features be implemented in Bitcoin or Ehtereum? I thought Ethereum is also a platform for many things.
GTO911

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 26, 2016, 11:50:54 AM

Litecoin is trying to solve the 2Mb limit.  I guess you could go that route.

Monero already solved it with dynamic blocks
Elokane

Activity: 817
Merit: 1000

Truth is a consensus among neurons www.synereo.com

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2016, 11:56:54 AM

Personally, I like the looks of Synereo AMPs traded on Bittrex.  They're going to release their social networking software stack in February.  The price has been increasing nicely lately.

Disclaimer: I'm long AMPs.

Highest trading volume today, and up to #21 on Coinmarketcap.
https://bittrex.com/Market/Index?MarketName=BTC-AMP

Synereo: liberating the Internet from abusive business models.

Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart, he dreams himself your master.
<br>
Pursuer
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
January 26, 2016, 12:11:04 PM

it has been a while since I have seen an interesting topic here, gonna keep an eye out.
I liked what I am seeing about BTS , NXT , MAID

Only Bitcoin
monsterer
Legendary

Activity: 1008

View Profile
January 26, 2016, 12:56:07 PM

which I assert does not exist because Ethereum hasn't solved the fundamental technological issue required to scale their system in terms of decentralized verification of long-running scripts.

Is this any different from your argument that all coins with a block reward are centralising by nature?
Richard1972x

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
January 26, 2016, 02:02:22 PM

When I lock at Polo I think we have some potential for the following coins:
-Nxt (good technology and good community)
-Dash and Monero (interesting concept)
-NEM (Blockchain is used already by two Japanese Companies)

fartbags
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 26, 2016, 08:36:46 PM

I probably shouldn't tell anyone this cause I love the cheap buys, but $GEO is looking like huge profits
https://youtu.be/76wJDSgVWnw

Cleaning up at these low prices. Come on and sell $GEO to me!
https://poloniex.com/exchange#btc_geo
https://bittrex.com/Market/Index?MarketName=BTC-GEO

st0at

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 26, 2016, 08:52:18 PM

Cleaning up at these low prices. Come on and sellbuy $GEO tofrom me!

ftfy
fartbags
Legendary

View Profile
January 26, 2016, 09:04:29 PM

Cleaning up at these low prices. Come on and sellbuy $GEO tofrom me!

I'm dumb and smell like a bag of farts.

Yes you do stink really bad.

If you would like some more info on $GEO:

$GEO is a mature coin that was released over 1 year ago. It has a large active community and a marketcap of over $20,000. They mostly communicate in slack as it is quicker than bitcointalk. It is a coin that has brought together many devs who are also geographical information scientists (GIS). It's undiscovered by many so far but slow and steady wins the race.

$GEO is a mined coin that is going to move from the bitcoin code base over to the Ethereum 2.0/Synereo code base if it's proven to actually scale.

fartbags
Legendary

View Profile
January 26, 2016, 09:29:11 PM

I probably shouldn't tell anyone this cause I love the cheap buys, but $GEO is looking like huge profits
https://youtu.be/76wJDSgVWnw

Cleaning up at these low prices. Come on and sell $GEO to me!
https://poloniex.com/exchange#btc_geo
https://bittrex.com/Market/Index?MarketName=BTC-GEO

$GEO looks amazing. Do you have any more info on it?

$GEO is a mature coin that was released over 1 year ago. It has a large active community and a marketcap of over $20,000. They mostly communicate in slack as it is quicker than bitcointalk. It is a coin that has brought together many devs who are also geographical information scientists (GIS). It's undiscovered by many so far but slow and steady wins the race.

$GEO is a mined coin that is going to move from the bitcoin code base over to the Ethereum 2.0/Synereo code base if it's proven to actually scale.

Also 420, April 20th, is coming up in 3 months. You have to know there is easy 300% profits to be had by buying and holding some of the marijuana niche cryptocoins today.

The only coins to get a special day for a pump and user growth.

$CCN $THC $DOPE $STV $POT $CANN

Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2016, 12:45:02 AM

Ok, so you profited handsomely from ETH's recent rise.  What altcoin in Poloniex are you gonna trade to next?

Answering hypothetically: Nxt and Monero are both gaining traction. GEMZ is sneaking up, but on low volume. Bitshares is also poking up, but it's notorious for its falling-knife fakeouts.

Congrats on reaching Legendary status. Smiley

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

tokeweed (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3948
Merit: 1418

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
January 27, 2016, 12:54:23 AM

Ok, so you profited handsomely from ETH's recent rise.  What altcoin in Poloniex are you gonna trade to next?

Answering hypothetically: Nxt and Monero are both gaining traction. GEMZ is sneaking up, but on low volume. Bitshares is also poking up, but it's notorious for its falling-knife fakeouts.

Congrats on reaching Legendary status. Smiley

Yeah, NXT and XMR already started their trends.  While BTS and MAID are in the very early stages of a breakout. 

Thanks, how does one acheive legendary anyway?  I was surprised to see it on my account.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████