Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 03:07:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Help setting up a Blake256 Mining rig  (Read 408 times)
RobbieRoor (OP)

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 26, 2016, 04:15:21 AM

I basically need a list of hardware and whatnot to purchase in order to create a Blake256 mining rig for mining a new coin coming out called Decred. I cant seem to find anything that really helps me with this problem. Im aware that I need a GPU but after that im sorta clueless. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks ahead of time.
XERES

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 26, 2016, 08:19:58 AM

As far as i know AMD graphic cards are better for mining than Nvida. You can build a rig with just a PSU, mother board, CPU, and GPU. I know some guy was build them into shipping crates (the plastic kind).
Your start up cost will be at least a few hundred dollars

anticlimax
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 26, 2016, 06:58:15 PM

Doesn't really matter if you buy AMD or nVidia.
You're going to need everything you'd see in a standard PC setup, then generally people buy or build open air frames to install the hardware on.
You will need to buy pcie risers off eBay.
Just research milk crate gpu rigs and go from there.
Send me a pm if you need more help, I used to build aluminum frames/gpu rigs back in the day.

twitter @antiiclimax
Bagdar13

Activity: 115
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 27, 2016, 08:59:41 PM

I basically need a list of hardware and whatnot to purchase in order to create a Blake256 mining rig for mining a new coin coming out called Decred. I cant seem to find anything that really helps me with this problem. Im aware that I need a GPU but after that im sorta clueless. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks ahead of time.

Blake 256 is a nasty algo on AMD cards; very high power consumption.  I believe NEOs used it, most tahiti and pitcarn cards could not keep below their thermal thresholds as I recall without a secondary fan blowing air on them directly.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: