Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:43:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Tell me Secure Mobile bitcoin WALLET Please  (Read 1845 times)
Helpmeeeee (OP)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 26, 2016, 05:10:38 AM

Guys i m looking for the most secure android bitcoin wallet with fallowing features
1.Complete control over my bitcoins-Only i should have private key to my wallet nor the wallet providing service like coinbase.

2.Easy complete backups-Even if that wallet service got hacked i should be able to recover backup on another service.

Please tell me if such wallet exists for android.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mark coins

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 26, 2016, 05:47:37 AM

Guys i m looking for the most secure android bitcoin wallet with fallowing features
1.Complete control over my bitcoins-Only i should have private key to my wallet nor the wallet providing service like coinbase.

2.Easy complete backups-Even if that wallet service got hacked i should be able to recover backup on another service.

try "Mycelium", i've been using it for a long time now and i can say my coins there are secured, but dont forget to make a backup always as we dont know what can happen to our devices Smiley
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
January 26, 2016, 06:30:11 AM

try "Mycelium", i've been using it for a long time now and i can say my coins there are secured, but dont forget to make a backup always as we dont know what can happen to our devices Smiley

I would say most secure is that added with hardware wallet.  You can use it on your mobile on:

Trezor: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1298917.0
Ledger Nano: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1305888.0
avw1982

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 26, 2016, 06:57:10 AM

Electrum is good in all its security features as well as accessibility. You can go for it. Have a try with electrum, sure you will feel its better than other wallets that are found in the market. Blockchain wallet also good. The best option found in blockchain is that it gives suggestion on various traders with whom we can make trade based on the trusty feedback from various users.
xinzark
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 26, 2016, 07:08:41 AM

Since you are a android user Try blockchain app
Blockchain is not much feature loaded like others but it is Secure and easy to use as far as I know
And yeah in today's generation Security should always be given First priority
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
January 26, 2016, 07:31:54 AM

I would follow this advice. Mycelium is a solid android bitcoin wallet that has been doing its job for a long time now.

You could add in a trezor hardware wallet as suggested, but that sets you back about 0.25 bitcoin at the moment.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
January 26, 2016, 08:00:14 AM

i would use the client "bitcoin wallet" for any mobile device(not available for ios) and simply store what i need to spend in that day no more
subcypher

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2016, 08:17:51 AM

Mycelium or Copay.

Founder: Incorporating Bitcoin. Bitrated user: subcypher.
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
January 26, 2016, 08:20:37 AM

I still say most common is one such as MyCelium with combination of hardware wallet.   You get to keep all the security of a hardware wallet, and can use it on a mobile.   

I don't think anything can beat hardware wallet/mobile phpne on mobile security.  At least if done right.
madonnino

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

I ❤ www.LuckyB.it!

View Profile
January 26, 2016, 08:23:55 AM

i can advice mycelium bitcoin wallet, but if you have to store a big amount i advise to make some offline paper wallet!
traderbit

Activity: 798

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2016, 08:27:23 AM

I use mycelium, they are pretty safe enough, I'm experimenting also with greenbits until now they are safe too.

coinzat

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Young but I'm not that bold

View Profile
January 26, 2016, 10:31:44 AM

I recommend you to use mycelium too.
and I want to mention something about backups that it has a secure phase to recover your wallet only by memorising 12 words , also you do have access to your private keys and you can export them whenever you want.
and for more security, you can set a 6 numbers pincode that no transactions or export can happen without entering this code
OmegaSquadTeemo

Activity: 71

View Profile
January 26, 2016, 12:00:17 PM

Try Mycelium, it's what I use and it's secure enough for everyday transactions.
romero121
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 1213

View Profile
January 27, 2016, 12:44:50 PM

I use mycelium, they are pretty safe enough, I'm experimenting also with greenbits until now they are safe too.

Mycelium is good to use as app in android. Can someone suggest a good wallet that can used in windows phone.
twister

Activity: 672
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2016, 04:03:07 PM

Electrum is good in all its security features as well as accessibility. You can go for it. Have a try with electrum, sure you will feel its better than other wallets that are found in the market. Blockchain wallet also good. The best option found in blockchain is that it gives suggestion on various traders with whom we can make trade based on the trusty feedback from various users.

Electrum is available on android? Because I am pretty sure it's not.

Mycelium or Copay.

Copay doesn't lets you have the keys, they provide a seed now but I don't know how to use it to extract the keys. I had some problems with it recently and I wouldn't recommend it until there's a way to get the private keys out.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

Get Free Bitcoin Now!
  ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦   
0.8%-1% House Edge
[/
lite
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009

View Profile
January 27, 2016, 04:04:19 PM

Mycelium is good to use as app in android. Can someone suggest a good wallet that can used in windows phone.
Well there's only one bitcoin wallet available for windows phone "copay". i don't know if it's good or not haven't tried it. https://bitcoin.org/en/choose-your-wallet
Reynaldo
Legendary

Activity: 1143

View Profile
January 27, 2016, 05:19:18 PM

mycelium is the best way to go.
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
January 27, 2016, 06:40:30 PM

mycelium is the best way to go.

I still say it's mycellium with a hardware wallet attached to mobile.  You get the mobility of MyCellium, with the security of a hardware wallet.

That is hard to beat as far as mobile security.
Answerme2

Activity: 108

View Profile
April 12, 2016, 04:17:22 PM

Does anyone know how does mycellium android bitcoin wallet stores private key on device? I know private keys never leave the device(according to developers) is that really true? any way to verify it?And how does the keys are stored on the device,encrypted? Can any malware on my device just backup my whole mycellium wallet and transfer the backup over internet and the hacker restore and steals my bitcoin.This is very much possible right?
P.S Sorry for being over paranoid Tongue

poptok1

Activity: 1638
Merit: 756

Bobby Fischer was right

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2016, 04:38:39 PM

I can suggest you very nice and easy wallet which is airbitz:
https://airbitz.co/bitcoin-wallet/
Available in play-store of course:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.airbitz
I'm using it with success, very pretty yet clean design.
Works smooth like silk and some say it is the most secured wallet for android.
It has few functions for storing private keys, notations for transactions and built in browser
with BTCstores in your area,  also it has some good gift-cards/bonus deals.
Does anyone know how does mycellium android bitcoin wallet stores private key on device? I know private keys never leave the device(according to developers) is that really true? any way to verify it?And how does the keys are stored on the device,encrypted? Can any malware on my device just backup my whole mycellium wallet and transfer the backup over internet and the hacker restore and steals my bitcoin.This is very much possible right?
P.S Sorry for being over paranoid Tongue
As to this issue just install some firewall and observe traffic. Smiley

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: