Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 04:51:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Those fuckers! Fiscal Cliff Rolled Back!  (Read 5740 times)
Lethn (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2013, 07:21:32 AM

Those can kicking masters have done it, now it looks like the world is going to be in for one hell of a recession, perhaps a depression.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/dec/31/fiscal-cliff-congress-deadline-live

For once I agree with the daft reporters, these politicians really are masters at kicking the can down the road? How the hell do they do it and get away with it so easily? Pop goes the bubble!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
benjamindees
Legendary

Activity: 1330

View Profile
January 01, 2013, 07:38:38 AM

America, you have now gone over the fiscal cliff. Do not pass go, do not collect $200. All retweets are now considered endorsements. The price of milk is now $170 a litre – yes, a litre, because everything is now METRIC.

I can live with this.

Civil Liberty Through Complex Mathematics
ImNotHerb

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 01, 2013, 07:42:33 AM

How the hell do they do it and get away with it so easily?
Simple. They have a "job" that only comes up for "review" once every two, four, or six years (for Congress, President, and Senate, respectively) and their accountability is limited to either being retained or not according to how the great swarming mass of people vote. If they fail the "review", they simply move into a cushy lobbyist or corporate position, and if they pass, they continue feathering their nest for another 2, 4, or 6 years.

The system is the scam of the millennium, and such results are anything but "unexpected".
benjamindees
Legendary

View Profile
January 01, 2013, 09:04:06 AM

Speaking of economics and cliffs, this seems relevant:

benjamindees 3 years ago

"If it were unprofitable to drive off that cliff, we will be able to stop before we get there."

*jams accelerator*

*jumps out of car*

Civil Liberty Through Complex Mathematics
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2013, 09:15:16 AM

Can't US.gov just declare bankruptcy already, shut down and liquidate to pay back everyone already?

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
Lethn (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1540

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2013, 10:37:16 AM

Can't US.gov just declare bankruptcy already, shut down and liquidate to pay back everyone already?

That would mean admitting that they were wrong, which no mainstream politician ever seems to be able to do.
KWH
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1045

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
January 01, 2013, 02:55:36 PM

Simple. They have a "job" that only comes up for "review" once every two, four, or six years (for Congress, President, and Senate, respectively) and their accountability is limited to either being retained or not according to how the great swarming mass of people vote. If they fail the "review", they simply move into a cushy lobbyist or corporate position, and if they pass, they continue feathering their nest for another 2, 4, or 6 years.

The system is the scam of the millennium, and such results are anything but "unexpected".

This. We need term limits and knowledgeable voters. I know, too much to ask for.

When the subject of buying BTC with Paypal comes up, I often remember this: 

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein
laughingbear
Deflationary champion

Activity: 622
Merit: 500

www.cryptobetfair.com

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2013, 03:04:34 PM

You dont understand the monetary system.  It is not possible to pay everyone back.  ALL of our money, 100% of it, every single dollar in existence, was loaned to us, with interest.  If we paid back every dollar ever loaned to us, how would we pay back the interest?
creativex

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 01, 2013, 04:01:56 PM

Looks like just more of the same garbage from the one party US system. Loot the "rich", pilfer the bodies of the dead, give some scraps to the lazy and ignore everything inconvenient. The rich will shelter their funds or leave as ever and the poor and lazy will give back all they've been given and more through the inflation tax. The ruling class will pat themselves on the back, give themselves a raise and in a couple months we'll rinse and repeat.

dotcom

Activity: 354

View Profile
January 01, 2013, 05:20:30 PM

You expected a different result? Anyway, this is good news. Anything they might have done would have only delayed this moment, which is inevitable. At least now something real is going to happen -- there will be actual deficit reduction, government spending will be reduced, and people will start paying more of the cost their government entitlements.

>You expected a different result?

I did honestly, I thought they would pass some half-ass measure allowing us to limp on a little further whilst saving them face. However, just because that's what I expected doesn't mean I'm surprised by this result either.
KWH
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1045

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
January 01, 2013, 05:27:44 PM

You expected a different result? Anyway, this is good news. Anything they might have done would have only delayed this moment, which is inevitable. At least now something real is going to happen -- there will be actual deficit reduction, government spending will be reduced, and people will start paying more of the cost their government entitlements.

>You expected a different result?

I did honestly, I thought they would pass some half-ass measure allowing us to limp on a little further whilst saving them face. However, just because that's what I expected doesn't mean I'm surprised by this result either.

It has to pass the House next. I am hopeful that some of this garbage will be stripped and rewritten but hope springs eternal.
$1 in cuts per $41 in tax increases??

When the subject of buying BTC with Paypal comes up, I often remember this: 

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein
myrkul

Activity: 532

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2013, 05:52:38 PM

This. We need term limits and knowledgeable voters. I know, too much to ask for.

The incentives are all wrong. Every voter knows that their vote, individually, means next to nothing. Since their decision is practically meaningless, there's no incentive to make sure that decision is well-informed.

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
dotcom

Activity: 354

View Profile
January 01, 2013, 06:18:30 PM

The incentives are all wrong. Every voter knows that their vote, individually, means next to nothing. Since their decision is practically meaningless, there's no incentive to make sure that decision is well-informed.

This, and there's enough misinformation spread by the various media organizations that voters can just sort of pick one and adopt their opinions from it. Which allows them to appear like they're informed and politically active, while saving them from doing any actual research themselves.
Dalkore
Legendary

Merit: 1026

Mining since 2010 & Hosting since 2012

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2013, 06:53:59 PM

You dont understand the monetary system.  It is not possible to pay everyone back.  ALL of our money, 100% of it, every single dollar in existence, was loaned to us, with interest.  If we paid back every dollar ever loaned to us, how would we pay back the interest?

Yep, this highlights the major flaw in our monetary system.  The problem that  [P < P + I] (P = Principle I = Interest) - this is the math of a debt based monetary system.

Hosting: Low as $60.00 per KW - Link
Transaction List: jayson3 +5 - ColdHardMetal +3 - Nolo +2 - CoinHoarder +1 - Elxiliath +1 - tymm0 +1 - Johnniewalker +1 - Oscer +1 - Davidj411 +1 - BitCoiner2012 +1 - dstruct2k +1 - Philj +1 - camolist +1 - exahash +1 - Littleshop +1 - Severian +1 - DebitMe +1 - lepenguin +1 - StringTheory +1 - amagimetals +1 - jcoin200 +1 - serp +1 - klintay +1 - -droid- +1 - FlutterPie +1
myrkul

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2013, 07:03:52 PM

Yep, this highlights the major flaw in our monetary system.  The problem that  [P < P + I] (P = Principle I = Interest) - this is the math of a debt based monetary system.

That said, bankruptcy is probably the best option. Just shutter everything, sell off the assets, and tell whoever doesn't get paid back to go pound sand.

No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
Dalkore
Legendary

Merit: 1026

Mining since 2010 & Hosting since 2012

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2013, 07:48:10 PM

That said, bankruptcy is probably the best option. Just shutter everything, sell off the assets, and tell whoever doesn't get paid back to go pound sand.

I agree, we are too far gone at this point.  We need to reset the system and flush all the bad debt out of the markets.

Hosting: Low as $60.00 per KW - Link
Transaction List: jayson3 +5 - ColdHardMetal +3 - Nolo +2 - CoinHoarder +1 - Elxiliath +1 - tymm0 +1 - Johnniewalker +1 - Oscer +1 - Davidj411 +1 - BitCoiner2012 +1 - dstruct2k +1 - Philj +1 - camolist +1 - exahash +1 - Littleshop +1 - Severian +1 - DebitMe +1 - lepenguin +1 - StringTheory +1 - amagimetals +1 - jcoin200 +1 - serp +1 - klintay +1 - -droid- +1 - FlutterPie +1
creativex

View Profile
January 01, 2013, 07:56:21 PM

...and when the system is reset faith in the USD will be destroyed...enter AMERO!

BCB
CTG
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

BCJ

View Profile
January 01, 2013, 07:59:07 PM

As long as the USD is the World Currency the FED will just keep printing it.

And as long as the media shoves microphones and cameras in politicians faces they will bask in the warm glow of the kleig lights as they blame the other party for all the woes of the american economy.

Meanwhile this is all playing out according to the Council on Foreign Relations plan.

The US economy will eventually collapse.  The Eurozone will eventually collapse.  

Then the CFR will finally have a world currency with which they can dictate world policy.
myrkul

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2013, 08:00:48 PM

Then the CFR will finally have a world currency with which they can dictate world policy.

Bitcoin?

creativex

View Profile
January 01, 2013, 08:01:29 PM

As long as the USD is the World Currency the FED will just keep printing it.

And as long as the media shoves microphones and cameras in politicians faces they will bask in the warm glow of the kleig lights as they blame the other party for all the woes of the american economy.

Meanwhile this is all playing out according to the Council on Foreign Relations plan.

The US economy will eventually collapse.  The Eurozone will eventually collapse.  

Agreed. Just gotta get those pesky guns out of our hands. It's so much easier to oppress an unarmed peoples.

Bitcoin?

How about some nice SDRs? Cheesy

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: