ethOS - Ethereum Mining Platform
<< < (2/117) > >>
kotarius:
 A lot more GPU mining products in stock now: http://gpushack.com/collections/gpushack
Sidtamfia:
Can we tune the GPU voltage and frequency with your OS? It is very important for us as it can reduce the power consumption a lot.
kotarius:
Quote from: Sidtamfia on January 27, 2016, 07:51:57 AM

Can we tune the GPU voltage and frequency with your OS? It is very important for us as it can reduce the power consumption a lot.

Yes. With regards to frequency tuning, we will investigate, but it seems that hashrate does not increase with core clock on ethereum. With regards to power consumption, ethereum uses about the same power as x11. You would likely only save 10-15watts at the expense of stability.
kotarius:
Quote from: ldw-com on January 27, 2016, 04:39:13 PM

You're going to release an OS, going to charge people for it and you don't even know that it's nearly impossible to adjust voltage levels on unix based systems.

Nearly impossible is not impossible. I have managed a 400 GPU farm and have adjusted voltage on linux. Maybe I know something you don't?

I will keep saying this until people understand: this OS is for large-scale deployment.

Big farmers do not care about voltage control or frequency adjustment, both of which reduce stability at the expense of profit and increase expenses associated with management (large farms have contractors and employees). Large farms run on cheap power already. This is not an OS for people who worry about their parents kicking them out of their basement for using too much electricity.
kotarius:
Ethos is designed to run headless.
Navigation
Message Index
Next page
Previous page