Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 07:15:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Altcoin4life - HACKED ACCOUNT - Collateral 4 Murderouskirk - Swingdev - ADVICE??  (Read 1805 times)
whywefight
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1042

www.explorerz.top

View Profile
January 27, 2016, 12:41:54 AM

I'd also like to note that you've all still failed to give any reason that this is better than a transaction.

Because it's much easier to trick someone into sending some satoshis to a specific address than it is to get them to sign a message stating their account was hacked and they're the original owner?

Thank you. This is what I was looking for. That is a perfectly logical reason for me to supply a signed message.

I am glad you got it now Smiley

No hard feelings

Thanks whywefight, I appreciate the help.

sorry i sounded mad, i didnt notice you thougth you should send the same messag to altcoin4life. i was about to bite into my desk Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SwingDev

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 27, 2016, 12:43:28 AM

Sorry swingdev.But sending coins to an address does makes you an owner but it is still not secured . WHY?

What if later on Altcoin4life come on saying at sometime that he was in hold of the account as collateral.Is that transaction a valid proof ? OFFCOURSE NOT

And also if you were being scammed or hacked and you realised it on1/17/16 .WHERE THE HELL IS THE SCAM ACCUSATION THREAD?
I think you are also not a fool to not  to make a scam accusation thread to warn other guys in forum.Also i can see you gave red trust to the hacked account without reference.How can you think that someone gonna believe those feedback without reference when it is the case of scam ?.

Also i don't find a valid reason behind not signing a message .If you hold the address and can send coins youncan also for sure sign a message.

Please read a couple posts up.

Also I never made a scam accusation thread. I just messaged theymos and the guy that actually has access to my account. The thought never crossed my mind, especially since Altcoin4life asked me to keep the conversation private.

sorry i sounded mad, i didnt notice you thougth you should send the same messag to altcoin4life. i was about to bite into my desk Smiley

Dude it's all good. I was getting very frustrated as well. Thank you for continuing to try. Misunderstandings happen.

Edit* Adding this final quote so Altcoin4life sees it page 2.

[EDIT - this was the root of the misunderstanding. I was under the impression that theymos requests empty signed messages, and that Altcoin4Life was too. He did ask me to include "any message" in the signature and I failed to notice. I actually sent Theymos an empty signed message on accident.]

If Altcoin4life makes a public post guaranteeing the return of the account with a non-empty signed message I will send it to him and post a positive review of his credibility, with explanation of the misunderstanding on my end.

(If anything this misunderstanding is proof that I have never dealt with bitcoin / account loans)
SwingDev

View Profile
January 27, 2016, 12:57:44 AM

I'll just go ahead and post now that I understand it's secure with an attached message.

-----BEGIN BITCOIN SIGNED MESSAGE-----
I am the real owner of the account MurderousKirk. Today is 1/26/16 8:00PM EST. I misunderstood the signature process and am now posting this to secure my account from Altcoin4life.
-----BEGIN SIGNATURE-----
1E6soVzn7Z5NGguwD9sZfXkVmn8a51Cg71
H1mNchP2wcPFHiIdMigU/j2kX9Jlm6d+jXSEOLoc2XyxKU8d2IpSkkPaSyf2acDb6b0f4bOCR7p+CjoHq+VWm50=
-----END BITCOIN SIGNED MESSAGE-----

Location of addy: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1164721.msg12788990#msg12788990
whywefight
Legendary

www.explorerz.top

View Profile
January 27, 2016, 12:59:12 AM

I'll just go ahead and post now that I understand it's secure with an attached message.

I am the real owner of the account MurderousKirk. Today is 1/26/16 8:00PM EST. I misunderstood the signature process and am now posting this to secure my account from Altcoin4life.
H1mNchP2wcPFHiIdMigU/j2kX9Jlm6d+jXSEOLoc2XyxKU8d2IpSkkPaSyf2acDb6b0f4bOCR7p+CjoHq+VWm50=

Location of addy: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1164721.msg12788990#msg12788990

verified with electrum!

whywefight
Legendary

www.explorerz.top

View Profile
January 27, 2016, 01:06:55 AM

just as a hint: i think altcoin4life will return the account to you, because its the rigth thing. but keep in mind: its costs him 0.13BTC because you didnt secure your account. however its was hacked, part of it was you fault. i think you both should discuss this in private afterwards.

i know exactly how it feels, because the same thing happend to me when i started to loaning/escrowing

SwingDev

View Profile
January 27, 2016, 01:15:28 AM

just as a hint: i think altcoin4life will return the account to you, because its the rigth thing. but keep in mind: its costs him 0.13BTC because you didnt secure your account. however its was hacked, part of it was you fault. i think you both should discuss this in private afterwards.

i know exactly how it feels, because the same thing happend to me when i started to loaning/escrowing

While I agree with you, I also place some of the blame on Bitcointalk.org. Regardless of how secure of a password I put on my account, if I get phished or keylogged that's it my account is gone. Without 2fa accounts simply are not secure.

I've added 2fa to all my email accounts following this event. Hopefully that will help, it seems like this is the only way to somewhat get 2fa on my account.

And I do intend to pass some BTC towards Altcoin4life for the recovery should my portfolio ever grow again. His loss prevented my entire community from malicious attacks via impersonation and evil edits. It's also potentially led to the recovery of my account. Currently I have less than 0.1 liquid btc to trade with sadly. For now the best I can do is give him favorable feedback.
whywefight
Legendary

www.explorerz.top

View Profile
January 27, 2016, 01:18:16 AM

And I do intend to pass some BTC towards Altcoin4life for the recovery should my portfolio ever grow again. His loss prevented my entire community from malicious attacks via impersonation and evil edits. It's also potentially led to the recovery of my account. Currently I have less than 0.1 liquid btc to trade with sadly.

ill take this as your word Smiley

SwingDev

View Profile
January 27, 2016, 01:32:01 AM

And I do intend to pass some BTC towards Altcoin4life for the recovery should my portfolio ever grow again. His loss prevented my entire community from malicious attacks via impersonation and evil edits. It's also potentially led to the recovery of my account. Currently I have less than 0.1 liquid btc to trade with sadly.

Side note. You should probably remove the 10btc bounty you put out there for anyone that can hack your account.. No need to make yourself a target to prove a successfully proven point.

Just my 2 cents.
Avirunes
Legendary

Activity: 3094
Merit: 1468

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2016, 01:48:45 AM

I also am sorry for being rude at first.But this was what i was asking for.
whywefight
Legendary

www.explorerz.top

View Profile
January 27, 2016, 01:51:23 AM

Side note. You should probably remove the 10btc bounty you put out there for anyone that can hack your account.. No need to make yourself a target to prove a successfully proven point.

Just my 2 cents.

it has been quoted and it clearly states: with using my signed message Cheesy

SwingDev

View Profile
January 27, 2016, 04:12:29 AM
Last edit: January 27, 2016, 04:33:12 AM by SwingDev

Altcoin4life has decided to try to sell me my account back. I'm going to try my luck with Theymos for a while.

Hi Swingdev

THANKS FOR FINALLY SIGNING A MESSAGE PROVING YOU ARE THE REAL OWNER OF THE ACCOUNT!

I asked for this message a long time ago.... we could have saved a lot of time and hassle if you just gave me proof of signed message 1 week ago!

I know you have sent a report to theymos BUT this will probably take time to get your account back.

Now as you know i have lost 0.13 BTC from this defaulted loan that has now turned out to be hacked. This collateral has neg trust and is of no use to me at all. you say it has use to you as the dev account.

WE BOTH MADE ERRORS.

YOU made errors by:

1 - Not securing the murderouskirk account properly with a secure password... or other malware etc

2- Not posting a scam accusation on this forum immediately after you realised.

I MADE ERRORS by:

not getting a staked address from an old post on this forum. Accepting the thief's story and transferring coins.

As we both made errors i believe it is best you make a partial transfer to me for my loss BEFORE I PM YOU THE PASSWORD.

I believe you have a part to blame as you made errors with securing the original account  by being hacked.

ALSO AS YOU SAY THIS IS A DEV ACCOUNT YOU WILL PROBABLY USE MURDEROUSKIRK TO EARN SOMETHING IN THE NEAR FUTURE WITH YOUR RELATED ALT COINS YOU DEVELOP.... SO YOU WILL BENEFIT FINANCIALLY ....WHILE I HAVE A LOSS.

Please tell me by pm how much can you pay me as a partial payment that his FAIR FOR BOTH OF US?

Let me know by pm

Thanks
Altcoin4life

Altcoin4life I've already stated an appropriate response to this. I'll quote it again. If it's not enough for you then hopefully Theymos will help me out instead.

And I do intend to pass some BTC towards Altcoin4life for the recovery should my portfolio ever grow again. His loss prevented my entire community from malicious attacks via impersonation and evil edits. It's also potentially led to the recovery of my account. Currently I have less than 0.1 liquid btc to trade with sadly. For now the best I can do is give him favorable feedback.
SwingDev

View Profile
January 27, 2016, 05:13:20 AM

I also am sorry for being rude at first.But this was what i was asking for.

No worries. You guys were right and I appreciate the explaining. I was wrong for being under the impression that both Theymos and Altcoin4life wanted blank digital signatures. You can understand why I saw this as a ridiculous security risk and simply refused from that perspective.
ABitNut

Activity: 764
Merit: 500

I'm a cynic, I'm a quaint

View Profile
January 27, 2016, 05:30:45 AM

Well... having solved the issue of signing a message brings both of you back to the original issue.

Altcoin4Life obtained the Murderouskirk account in good faith, as a collateral for a loan. They do not deserve to take the loss. Swingdev lost the account due to a hack. They do not deserve to take the loss either.

No admin is going to resolve this for you two. The only way out is by the two of you sticking your heads together and working it out. If you can't then things will remain as they are now.
SwingDev

View Profile
January 27, 2016, 06:11:44 AM

Well... having solved the issue of signing a message brings both of you back to the original issue.

Altcoin4Life obtained the Murderouskirk account in good faith, as a collateral for a loan. They do not deserve to take the loss. Swingdev lost the account due to a hack. They do not deserve to take the loss either.

No admin is going to resolve this for you two. The only way out is by the two of you sticking your heads together and working it out. If you can't then things will remain as they are now.

Actually Theymos should hopefully return it in time. It's rightfully mine and has been stolen from me. I've sent him the proper proof to reclaim it.

The fact that it was sold to Altcoin4life as collateral for a scam loan does not change my rightful claim over it. Nor does the debt of his bad loan transfer from the scammer to me.

His position is unfortunate yes, I do truly feel bad for his loss as I've been scammed for a decent chunk of btc in the past as well. But I accepted that I was fooled, took blame, got smarter and moved on.

I will say I'm glad he's publicly claimed possession of it. That way my community knows where the dev account is and can hopefully trust in his rep / credibility to keep it safe.

If he does not help me recover my account then I have no reason to consider tipping him as my portfolio grows, or leaving him any sort of positive rep and review.

If he does return the account, I have already stated I will leave a positive review of his credibility and tip him for the favor if/when my portfolio grows.

At this point he's trying to place the blame for his mistake on me. Demanding I send him bitcoin before returning the account, then more after is an unprofessional request. It's his only chance at getting a return on his investment and I was concerned it would boil down to this.

If he wants to help he can help. If not we all know where the account is and I'll cross my fingers that Theymos recovers it for me. But trying to sell my stolen account to me isn't going to happen, and frankly just doesn't sit right with me.

Duomo

Activity: 588

View Profile
January 27, 2016, 06:14:40 AM

Actually Theymos should hopefully return it in time. It's rightfully mine and has been stolen from me. I've sent him the proper proof to reclaim it.

The fact that it was sold to Altcoin4life as collateral for a scam loan does not change my rightful claim over it. Nor does the debt of his bad loan transfer from the scammer to me.

His position is unfortunate yes, I do truly feel bad for his loss as I've been scammed for a decent chunk of btc in the past as well. But I accepted that I was fooled, took blame, and moved on.

I will say I'm glad he's publicly claimed possession of it. That way my community knows where the dev account is and can hopefully trust in his rep / credibility to keep it safe.

If he does not help me recover my account then I have no reason to consider tipping him as my portfolio grows, or leaving him any sort of positive rep and review.

If he does return the account, I have already stated I will leave a positive review of his credibility and tip him for the favor if/when my portfolio grows.

At this point he's trying to place the blame for his mistake on me. Demanding I send him bitcoin before returning the account, then more after is an unprofessional request. It's his only chance at getting a return on his investment and I was concerned it would boil down to this.

If he wants to help he can help. If not we all know where the account is and I'll cross my fingers that Theymos recovers it for me. But trying to sell my stolen account to me isn't going to happen, and frankly just doesn't sit right with me.

Lol, I highly doubt Theymos gives you back your account, Theymos has more important things to do than resolve getting an account back to you because you didn't sign a message because it is partially your fault. It is not the highest on his priority list. Might as well say goodbye to that account and I am 99% sure you don't get it back. Just buy it back.  Grin
SwingDev

View Profile
January 27, 2016, 06:25:09 AM

His position is unfortunate yes, I do truly feel bad for his loss as I've been scammed for a decent chunk of btc in the past as well. But I accepted that I was fooled, took blame, and moved on.

Lol, I highly doubt Theymos gives you back your account, Theymos has more important things to do than resolve getting an account back to you because you didn't sign a message because it is partially your fault. It is not the highest on his priority list. Might as well say goodbye to that account and I am 99% sure you don't get it back. Just buy it back.  Grin

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Hopefully he will keep it safe then. Enjoy my account Altcoin4life. I've put years into it should be a pretty interesting read. Or maybe really boring depends on what you're into.

^That's what it boils down to here. Nothing more nothing less.
Altcoin4life (OP)

Activity: 560

View Profile
January 27, 2016, 05:10:39 PM

Hi Swingdev

Thanks for your reply

I will let you know as i am thinking how i should proceed.

Cheers
Altcoin4life

SwingDev

View Profile
January 28, 2016, 12:19:17 AM

If anyone wants to follow the full conversation on this topic here's all the links I can find:

In my Swing altcoin thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1164721.msg13580743#msg13580743

In lending: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1341677.0
In Scam Accusations: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1341680.msg13683665#msg13683665
In Meta: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1341682.msg13683675#msg13683675
SwingDev

View Profile
January 28, 2016, 05:35:42 AM

I have made my own scam accusation thread. Please close this one and consolidate the multiple threads open on this topic.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1343710.msg13700602#msg13700602
Zeroxal

Activity: 896
Merit: 508

View Profile
January 28, 2016, 05:47:26 AM

I've had the exact same situation. I already have a thread opened here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1256710.0
In my situation, the whole story was too plotted, so I decided to hold the account and tried to find a buyer for it.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: