Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 11:05:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Could I mine Bitcoin with a MacBook Air?  (Read 10494 times)
ketchupmaster (OP)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 10, 2016, 04:48:46 PM

If you do not care about the ROI then you could buy Bitcoin directly. I do not know where you come from or how much money you have, but when you could buy a MacBook Air then I would assume that you can afford to buy some small amounts of Bitcoin directly  Wink

Ok, good to know, so could there be any alternatives? I've heard about cloud mining, but I'm not entirely sure how that works.

If your just wanting to learn mining look at compacs from sidehack, also RPI to run it vs a laptop is smarter on saving electricity.  I would look twords this is your just wanting to learn mining.

It will not ROI though it's more for  fun.   If your looking at ROI it's a another story and we need to know a lot about your electricity.

I just kinda wanna have Bitcoin, I don't really care that much about ROI

My mom actually bought my MacBook Air for me a few years ago, and it was really for education purposes and stuff like that. She's super strict. I never get money of my own because I'm only 14 and I come from a single parent family with 2 kids (me included) so we don't make as much income  Cry. The MacBook Air was kinda a one time thing.
Jacoder23

Activity: 20

View Profile
May 10, 2016, 05:32:44 PM

I have a Macbook Air and I think Bytecoin is a nice alternative.

It nets a couple cents every day at least.
traderbit

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2016, 05:44:52 PM

Not a mackbook air but neither with a macbook pro you should start mining bitcoin because it does not worth, you can do many other thing but not mining. Mining bytecoin 24h for couple of cents does not worth either.

ketchupmaster (OP)

View Profile
May 10, 2016, 05:59:41 PM

So is bytecoin a type of altcoin?
traderbit

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2016, 06:03:29 PM

So is bytecoin a type of altcoin?

Yes Bytecoin is a type of altcoin, you can check here how much worth a bytecoin on exchange: https://poloniex.com/exchange#btc_bcn which seems to worth around 7-8 Satoshis

ketchupmaster (OP)

View Profile
May 10, 2016, 06:29:00 PM

How much does Bitcoin make a day? If you have advanced mining hardware, how much would you make in 24 hours?
BurtW
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1136

All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2016, 07:46:06 PM

My mom actually bought my MacBook Air for me a few years ago, and it was really for education purposes and stuff like that. She's super strict. I never get money of my own because I'm only 14 and I come from a single parent family with 2 kids (me included) so we don't make as much income  Cry. The MacBook Air was kinda a one time thing.
If all this is true then the LAST thing you would want to do is burn up and destroy your precious MacBook Air to get no Bitcoins for your efforts.  Or best case waste a ton of electricity and run up your electricity bill for a few cents in Bytecoins.

I like your enthusiasm but Bitcoin mining is not a way to make money for you.  You will have to find another way.  Perhaps you could use your MacBook Air in some other way (write programs, web sites, etc. - I don't know you will have to be creative) to make money?

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
Turk Ace

Activity: 360
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2016, 01:39:53 AM

No ! It's not ment for that. Don't be ridiculous. Dude its a portable computer its not ment to be under high strain like that. There is no logical use that way puts a tablet or phone under that strain for so long , not even the most the graphic and technically challenging games will cause that much strain. And you probably will leave it over night. It can't do that for 8 hours or so. And I suppose you will also leave the charger in too. It will burn out and it will mine like 2 satoshi a minute. So enjoy high earnings of $0.0003 per day. Soon you will be rich.

This guy really shouldn't have nice things especially a laptop air.  Undecided
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: