Bitcoin Forum
May 18, 2024, 01:08:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Trying out new scrypt hardware (In need of help)  (Read 543 times)
mrpetrus (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 27, 2016, 08:06:57 PM

Hello everyone!
I have recently bought mining hardware from ebay, a small USB-stick that mine scrypt coins and so far I have set up almost everything (pool settings, choosen miner and so on... kind of).  None of my minerers that im testing (cgminer 3.7.2 and bfgminer 5.4.1) can find my usb stick, I have tried to use the "--usb" option on both miners but I just get the error "--usb: unrecognized option". I have tried to add the hardware manually in bfgminer by adding devices but I don't know the name of the device or it's target (and I don't know how to find it), so yea... I' stuck there too. I have also tried to use "-S all" option in both miners but I get the error "-s: 'all' is not a number". I have installed the latest Silicon labs VCP driver so the stick is seen as a COM-port but without result. I have tried zadig and replace the drivers with winUSB drivers (I think the latest) but no luck.

Here is the settings for cgminer 3.7.2
Code:
cgminer -o stratum+tcp://litecoinpool.org:3333 -u klas.workerLitecoinPool -p 123

And for bfgminer
Code:
bfgminer -o stratum+tcp://litecoinpool.org:3333 -u klas.workerLitecoinPool -p 123

The link to the usb-stick from ebay:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dogecoi-ltc-Litecoin-Miner-mining-ASIC-USB-All-SCRYPT-Coins-Virtual-Currency-/331680710765?hash=item4d39b6006d:g:INUAAOSwo0JWHP2I

Im stuck at every point and I'm at the brink of giving up. Would be thankful if anyone know what the solution is and could help me! Smiley

PS. Sorry if I have misspelled anything Tongue
wmtomlinso

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 28, 2016, 08:27:37 AM

for both settings you need to put    --scrypt    after cgminer/bfgminer
XERES

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 28, 2016, 11:56:25 AM

for both settings you need to put    --scrypt    after cgminer/bfgminer
I dont think hat will help with recognizing the USB and the com ports. as far as i know from my GAW furies that you need to figure out the com port that the miner is bound to. you can do that from the device manager under control panel, and then input that

mrpetrus (OP)

View Profile
January 29, 2016, 09:21:24 PM

Thank you both for the help!! I got it finally to work. I just needed to enter "--scrypt" after "bfgminer" and then in the miner I could just enter the com-port, and the miner found it instantly.

Thanks again for the help!
mrpetrus (OP)

View Profile
February 11, 2016, 12:41:20 PM

I just added "-S" attribute and specified the COM-port. You should find them in controlpanel under "devices and printers", if not you can install drivers for them, they should be here: https://www.silabs.com/products/mcu/Pages/USBtoUARTBridgeVCPDrivers.aspx#windows. My COM-port was "COM3".
XERES

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 11, 2016, 04:12:14 PM

What a god damn nightmare...

Finally got them working. I'm using Windows 10 and since they are Miner/USB Storage they were being installed as both a 'Silicon Labs CP210x USB to UART Bridge' and a 'UDisk' (USB Disk). I kept trying to Remove Device on the UDisk while trying to add on BFGMiner then it eventually works.

I'm not 100% sure this is all right but they are showing up but NOTHING near advertised speed. Cost is not worth the pain in the ass in my opinion. If they dont pull their act together they will both get the hammer...
How much hashrate are they giving, Also are you using the pool as a reference to their hashrate or the actually miner (Bfgminer)

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: