Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 05:39:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Gulden - Closed  (Read 133241 times)
Jero

Activity: 638
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2016, 06:38:09 AM

Can someone explain why the marketcap of Gulden is low compared to other coins and why it's not on poloniex which I trade on?

We always kept a low profile because focus was mainly on developing a good (code/user) base, user friendly tools etc... This will change soon when marketing will start.

In the meantime we asked Poloniex to add Gulden but there seems little interest atm. Hope this will change soon too ;-)

https://www.guldenweb.com - Het laatste nieuws over Gulden

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
MaNI

Activity: 275
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 06:55:55 AM

Can someone explain why the marketcap of Gulden is low compared to other coins
We are focused on actual developments, not false promises and hype, this means much slower growth but it also means that when we do grow (which is happening slowly but surely) it will be permanent and not a short lived bubble.

and why it's not on poloniex which I trade on?
I'm afraid only poloniex can explain that, as a user of poloniex - if you would like us on there - you should make it known to them that you would like them to add us.
templebar

Activity: 350

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 07:13:45 AM

We are focused on actual developments, not false promises and hype, this means much slower growth but it also means that when we do grow (which is happening slowly but surely) it will be permanent and not a short lived bubble.

I'm afraid only poloniex can explain that, as a user of poloniex - if you would like us on there - you should make it known to them that you would like them to add us.

Is anybody from the dev team is talking to poloniex?
MaNI

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 07:40:02 AM

Is anybody from the dev team is talking to poloniex?
Requests have been made in the past, by both dev team and community members. However I imagine they give preference to requests from people who are actually active traders on their platform already.

You can fill in a request here https://poloniex.com/coinRequest

Currency - Gulden
Symbol - NLG
Announcement - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1343317.440
Website - https://gulden.com
Explorer - https://explorer.gulden.com

In the meantime Bittrex is actually a great exchange.
Bluestreet
Legendary

Activity: 988
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 08:15:26 AM

The crypto market is very immature. It's 99% about trading, that 99% does not give a rats ass if the coin is more usable then anything else besides bitcoin. It's all about making that quick 5-10% profits.
In a few years this should change when the cracks form in the current financial system and the coins with no usage will be dumped faster then a hot potato and this is where Gulden will shine if it continues on this path.

Gulden also doesn't have major backing from donors, corporate investors, special interest groups etc everything is done by the people aka community.

Trackcoins

Activity: 144
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 05:24:33 PM

The crypto market is very immature. It's 99% about trading, that 99% does not give a rats ass if the coin is more usable then anything else besides bitcoin. It's all about making that quick 5-10% profits.
In a few years this should change when the cracks form in the current financial system and the coins with no usage will be dumped faster then a hot potato and this is where Gulden will shine if it continues on this path.

Gulden also doesn't have major backing from donors, corporate investors, special interest groups etc everything is done by the people aka community.

I am busy dump to make 9% profit. No one care about development. It about pump and dump.
Wildwest

Activity: 1706
Merit: 315

View Profile
March 27, 2016, 03:51:56 PM

As some of you read Nocks won the UpStart hosted by Tygers Magazine. We wrote a little blog about it, with photos and all! https://medium.com/@nocksapp/nocks-won-upstart-hosted-by-tygers-magazine-18df92476964#.wx1pddo2n

And for those that like videos  Wink https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8HIEnnU-GY

Damn dude that is awesome!  Well done to you guys.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
Myraidcoins

Activity: 421
Merit: 101

World's First Crowd Owned Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 06:40:33 AM

b007 mentioned this coin as one he supports on the digibyte ann. I have had a good look and I like what I see. I have also seen you on code base 0.11, Congratulations on this.  Myriad has not updated to the new code base yet. Neither has digibyte with its $250k investment and they have a android wallet that does not work.

There is one problem myriad has and that is marketing. Jared can sell ice to Eskimos but unfortunately this is all the sheep care about. What is this coin doing on this front to create awareness to a wider range of users?
b1007

Activity: 404
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 07:36:58 AM

b007 mentioned this coin as one he supports on the digibyte ann. I have had a good look and I like what I see. I have also seen you on code base 0.11, Congratulations on this.  Myriad has not updated to the new code base yet. Neither has digibyte with its $250k investment and they have a android wallet that does not work.

There is one problem myriad has and that is marketing. Jared can sell ice to Eskimos but unfortunately this is all the sheep care about. What is this coin doing on this front to create awareness to a wider range of users?

I don't "support" this project, I do think the developers of Gulden and the founders of Nocks BV deliver excellent work and I hope for them and the community at large that Gulden will achieve its ultimate aim.

I like to speculate
Bluestreet
Legendary

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 10:14:34 AM

I don't "support" this project, I do think the developers of Gulden and the founders of Nocks BV deliver excellent work and I hope for them and the community at large that Gulden will achieve its ultimate aim.

b1007 wants more marketing done for Gulden but there is a lot of it coming from the Nocks team which is good. I don't think Rijk is a marketing person but Buerra does  great work.

The development team of Gulden however is in the top 5 in crypto and they certainly deserve more coverage. People underestimate the power of having  iOS and soon Android wallet that will be usable everywhere. You can live off Gulden no matter where you live for basic living requirements like food/furniture/electronics/restaurants etc. This makes Gulden the most useful  currency outside of bitcoin.

The kicker is litecoin has a +280 times higher marketcap.
Trackcoins

Activity: 144

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 10:59:07 AM

b1007 wants more marketing done for Gulden but there is a lot of it coming from the Nocks team which is good. I don't think Rijk is a marketing person but Buerra does  great work.

The development team of Gulden however is in the top 5 in crypto and they certainly deserve more coverage. People underestimate the power of having  iOS and soon Android wallet that will be usable everywhere. You can live off Gulden no matter where you live for basic living requirements like food/furniture/electronics/restaurants etc. This makes Gulden the most useful  currency outside of bitcoin.

No market . People learn about Gulden using bald man on wheelchair from xmen to let know Gulden exist. I have a friend that can make it happen by praying that people know about Gulden when dreaming and homepage url get Imprinted in brain. For 20 btc I can make all dream of gulden come true.
Dutchyyy
Legendary

Activity: 1197
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 08:33:52 PM

Digibyte almost reached half our price with 6 billion supply against Gulden with only 300 million. What is Gulden doing wrong that it doesn't get any attention?
Fedoracoins

Activity: 364

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 09:18:41 PM

We need more action from Gulden
MaNI

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 07:43:54 AM
Last edit: March 29, 2016, 07:59:23 AM by MaNI

Sorry, if you are looking for outright lies disguised as "marketing" with buggy software to back it up, in the name of super fast quick short term profits then I think this is not the coin for you. There are already plenty of other coins that fulfil that wish.

The thing about lies is that in order to keep the 'growth' going the lies have to keep getting bigger and bigger until eventually the whole thing collapses, real world users care about things like whether the software actually works.

Over here we are working hard on making solid software that actually works well, this takes time but we are progressing rapidly, in the medium term this will put us way ahead of all the marketing coins, who will all most likely collapse in short time.
Yes we will need marketing (real marketing not lies) - and there will be marketing - but first you need an actual compelling product to market, our product becomes more and more real and compelling by the day so this is not a problem.

Real, proper sustainable growth takes time, but when it happens it lasts, and if we keep doing what we are it will happen, some patience is required though doing things the proper/right way is always harder and slower.
super55

Activity: 196

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 09:28:46 AM

Sorry, if you are looking for outright lies disguised as "marketing" with buggy software to back it up, in the name of super fast quick short term profits then I think this is not the coin for you. There are already plenty of other coins that fulfil that wish.

The thing about lies is that in order to keep the 'growth' going the lies have to keep getting bigger and bigger until eventually the whole thing collapses, real world users care about things like whether the software actually works.

Over here we are working hard on making solid software that actually works well, this takes time but we are progressing rapidly, in the medium term this will put us way ahead of all the marketing coins, who will all most likely collapse in short time.
Yes we will need marketing (real marketing not lies) - and there will be marketing - but first you need an actual compelling product to market, our product becomes more and more real and compelling by the day so this is not a problem.

Real, proper sustainable growth takes time, but when it happens it lasts, and if we keep doing what we are it will happen, some patience is required though doing things the proper/right way is always harder and slower.

Thanks Mani, you guys in the Gulden development team are doing a great job Smiley
What you said is very true, because i been in a lots of coins that eventually all died, even thought that have a very big members and plenty of marketing. But they all failed because they lack "solid development" and lack "continue development" for their coins.
Soon all others coins with lack solid development will soon died, it just a matter of time.

I been in cryto world for a long time now, so i know hype, lies, empty promises and lack of solid development is the reasons why so many other coins out there eventually died.
That why i'm so happy i found Gulden, because Gulden is the only coin beside Bitcoin that have real use in the real world.

I thinks Gulden team is making a smart move for waiting for their iOS & Android App and PRIME to finished first, before they do aggressive Marketing for Gulden to the outside world. Because only with this solid development and solid App they can attract people to join Gulden Smiley

So i hope the Gulden community have the patience...Because Gulden is here to stay Smiley

Fedoracoins

Activity: 364

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 10:33:35 AM

from bleutrade

NOTICE: Dear user, from April the base market /LTC will be removed.
vlom
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1117

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 03:47:57 PM

right. quality is important. but without marketing quality unfortunately won't be successful. lisk is nothing more than marketing at the moment but they collected a lot of BTC.
Dutchyyy
Legendary

Activity: 1197
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 03:52:13 PM

right. quality is important. but without marketing quality unfortunately won't be successful. lisk is nothing more than marketing at the moment but they collected a lot of BTC.

I bet they didn't get that much btc. Why would people give that much?
Bluestreet
Legendary

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 04:48:49 PM

I bet they didn't get that much btc. Why would people give that much?

After Android is released the community can get involved in marketing.imo You can show off to people and they will more then likely have a iOS or Android phone
Buerra
Legendary

Activity: 980

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 07:52:06 PM

I appreciate the kind words, but 'marketing' is so much more than most of you think. Having something proper for people to look at, that you present to people is one thing. The whole psychology behind the approach is another. 'Marketing' a currency is a whole new ball game – it's actually never been done before as countries always had a currency – that's all you needed to know and use to trade it for stuff and services you wanted, needed or were obligated to obtain. So before you can market something different, it has to be presentable in a way people can relate to in order for them to use it. That's on top even being able to use it. Can't have one without the other.

Also, people that say "we need more marketing!" really just have no clue what that means.

And "most useful currency outside of Bitcoin" – yes you could spend your BTC at a lot of places, but that doesn't make it usable either. What makes it usable are the wallets, but are they really thát usable? Is the network thát usable? We have got to accept that the majority of people that currently own bitcoins, litecoins and similar will never buy Gulden simply because they don't see anything in it. That's fine – we've always aimed at people that could genuinely benefit from technology and the options that Gulden has to offer. Major improvements in design, speed and security may go unnoticed and may never get recognition from many current people in (and outside) Gulden, but they add to the usability of the end-user.

Our biggest goal isn't whether or not these end-users should buy Gulden, but if they are willing and able to use and spend it in a meaningful, safe and awesome way.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 »
  Print  

Jump to: