Bitcoin Forum
July 04, 2024, 11:30:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Newb wanting to Start Mining Small  (Read 1886 times)
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 01, 2016, 12:17:04 AM

yeah, that one is good.
you can only run 3, possibly four, at higher speeds (like 18Gh), so four would go to positions: 1, 3, 5, 7 without interference.
i also put in nearby positions, they fit, but need to be separated by a piece of plastic, like old library card or a store card.
I suggest for you to read up on support thread as there are a lot of important suggestions, especially re software (most succinct software setup writeup was from Jake36).
This is not a money maker, just fun and learning project.

yeah i decently not intresed in making a lot with this build.  i just wanting to learn and many make enough to buy a few .cbr comics.  the comics are only like 0.0144 Bitcoin for the most expensive ones.  so not expecting much from this build except the knowledge. knowledge is power.

Edit: if i only use 4 chips is the fan even required?

yes, fan is needed for higher speeds=more bitcoin
however, if you already have some household fan, it might be sufficient. I had multiple vornado fans, so i pointed one at the lowest speed toward one of my hubs.
Arctic is a bit tricky as it does not have a power button, so as soon as you plug it in, blades start rotating-this startled me the first time, but even if it hits your hand, it would not hurt, just surprise.

Mine is a little bit overkill but I had lots of computer fan's.   So I got a fan controller to control them.  It's far overkill but I believe I have 5 fan's I can turn up and down.

I have turned it down now.  I was running around 9 compacs, and 3 U3's in my lotto mining and it kept it all cool easily.   I recently got rid of a little of some of my lotto gear.  I did keep some compacs and use them with RPI.  I kept a set as I like collecting some.
AliceSML79 (OP)

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 02, 2016, 01:19:06 PM

ok so fan is nesary then  just want sure how to put it together on a 7port hub if i put chips in 1, 3, 5, 7 slots
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 02, 2016, 03:32:18 PM

ok so fan is nesary then  just want sure how to put it together on a 7port hub if i put chips in 1, 3, 5, 7 slots

Normally is you have space yes you leave spots.  But it is not something that will stop it from working if not spaced assuming there is enough they don't touch.  So it really all depends on hub you pick.

Also some hubs are better then others with amount of power from hub.  What hub are you looking at?
AliceSML79 (OP)

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 02, 2016, 05:16:17 PM

Normally is you have space yes you leave spots.  But it is not something that will stop it from working if not spaced assuming there is enough they don't touch.  So it really all depends on hub you pick.

Also some hubs are better then others with amount of power from hub.  What hub are you looking at?

Plugable USB 2.0 7-Port High Speed Charging Hub with 60W Power Adapter and BC 1.2 Charging Support for Android, Apple iOS, and Windows Mobile Devices: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00L2LK164?psc=1
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: